Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A mystery indeed...
A mystery indeed...
2005-01-14, 3:41 PM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/08/missing.nickels.ap/index.html

Hmm. I bet many already heard this small story, but still there is no conclusion.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-14, 3:56 PM #2
How do you just take off with 45,000 pounds of nickels without a trace? Its not like you can hide them just anywhere.
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-14, 4:04 PM #3
heh, watch the change machines and for people paying for things in nickels only.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-14, 4:06 PM #4
It's like batman, he used to hide stolen goods in his cave. But seriously, how can you deposit that into a bank WITHOUT getting caught. You'd notice if someone came everyday paying for everything in nickels.... :p
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-14, 4:08 PM #5
Quote:
...Miami-Dade Detective Randy Rossman said. "We suspect foul play. We are concerned and we are still investigating.

<.<
>.>
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-14, 4:11 PM #6
There's a number of ways to get away with this without being noticed.. I'm just too stupid to think of any.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-14, 4:13 PM #7
If I was him, I'd take that truck to Vegas, and play the slots.
2005-01-14, 5:15 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
There's a number of ways to get away with this without being noticed.. I'm just too stupid to think of any.

Yes. He could use the help of people and machinary. But some act like this really worth it?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-14, 6:04 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Oxyonagon
It's like batman, he used to hide stolen goods in his cave. But seriously, how can you deposit that into a bank WITHOUT getting caught. You'd notice if someone came everyday paying for everything in nickels.... :p

Which is why you deposit it little by little in the form of cash. I don't know about you guys, but around here, there's a machine that converts change to cash in most grocery stores. Hit a few of those up with your nickels, and then deposit the cash.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!