Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What's so great about Equilibrium?
What's so great about Equilibrium?
2005-01-16, 12:28 PM #41
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud
Although in all the previous Equilibrium threads, no one has been able to answer my question regarding how someone can activate the arm holsters to make the guns fall out of the sleeves.

According to an episode of Wild West Tech on the History Channel, a man invented a contraption to cheat at cards by the card being lifted out of his sleeve. The contraption was rigged from his arm, down his torso to his legs. When he squeezed his legs together it activated the device with a series of springs and caused the arm piece to extend outward. I imagine that's probably the way that people had guns springing out of their sleaves back then as well.

Now, I imagine in something like Equilibrium they could've had a button-activated mechanism, or maybe one that operated on a certain type of arm position or movements. That would explain why the magazine mechanism can reload the gun so accurately in battles.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-16, 12:36 PM #42
I'm kind of tired of these movies that have just become special effects crap bonanzas...
2005-01-16, 4:56 PM #43
Thanks for enlightening me JediGreedo.

Quote:
I'm kind of tired of these movies that have just become special effects crap bonanzas...

I believe that Bale did all of his stunts without wires of any sort except for the bicycle flip and the side flip in the Hall of Mirrors.

↑ Up to the top!