Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → earth.destroy(nukes,10000);
earth.destroy(nukes,10000);
2005-01-14, 9:26 PM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/14/daughter.killed.ap/index.html

me = speechless. :(
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-14, 9:27 PM #2
w.t.f.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-01-14, 9:28 PM #3
o. k.
2005-01-14, 9:35 PM #4
I hate living in Alabama.
D E A T H
2005-01-14, 9:36 PM #5
I hope she rots in prison for the rest of her life and that they don't even bother to take notice when she dies. Just leave her corpse to rot in the cell forever.

The daughter told her mother she wasn't a virgin anymore. For all we know, she could have been raped. ****ing ***** of a "mother." I would throw the switch on the electric chair, but that would be the easy way out. I'd rather she rot in prison.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-14, 10:00 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
I hope she rots in prison for the rest of her life and that they don't even bother to take notice when she dies. Just leave her corpse to rot in the cell forever.

The daughter told her mother she wasn't a virgin anymore. For all we know, she could have been raped. ****ing ***** of a "mother." I would throw the switch on the electric chair, but that would be the easy way out. I'd rather she rot in prison.

seconded.
Moo.
2005-01-14, 10:07 PM #7
oh my God...that's...disgusting. Just the thought of that makes me shudder. I agree, she needs to rot in prison, or better yet, Hell. That's really sad...
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-01-14, 10:16 PM #8
Code:
use Weapons::Nuke;
my $nuke = new Weapons::Nuke;
$nuke->set_yield ( 100000 );
$nuke->detonate;

exit;
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-14, 10:17 PM #9
This is the only time I wish that the prison inmates beat the ever living **** out of someone.
2005-01-14, 10:36 PM #10
I think her actions were justified. It's a shame and a travesty that parents are no longer allowed to discipline their children.
:master::master::master:
2005-01-14, 10:37 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by 7
w.t.f.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-01-14, 11:02 PM #12
Jesus... just when you think you've seen the worst of humanity, something like this happens. I am almost physically sick after reading that.
Stuff
2005-01-14, 11:39 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by stat
I think her actions were justified. It's a shame and a travesty that parents are no longer allowed to discipline their children.

I hope that was sarcasm. If it was, it was in very bad taste. If not, you suck.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-14, 11:45 PM #14
This is stat we're talking about, Avenger. Not only is everything that comes out of his mouth as sarcastic as it gets, but it's usually done to try to stir people up. ;)
2005-01-15, 12:05 AM #15
the daughter clearly was not raped.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-01-15, 12:13 AM #16
Quote:
Cotton said Archie, who has been jailed without bond since shortly after her daughter's Nov. 26 death, told authorities she was disturbed because "her daughter told her that she was no longer a virgin."

And you can deduce this how, oS? :confused:
2005-01-15, 12:20 AM #17
Imagine a 12 year old. Imagine a twelve year old saying "I'm not a virgin anymore!". No 12 year old who was raped would say it like that; it's ridiculous. I'm betting this whole thing went down in some trailer in Alabama, and the daughter was, in fact, still a virgin, just trying to tell off her mom like stupid kids do. Or maybe she really wasn't a virgin. It's irrelevant. But I doubt she would have phrased it like that if she was raped, and I doubt she would have phrased it like that if she wasn't trying to make a point of it, probably to tick off her mom.

I guess the flaw of my argument is I'm assuming the mom wouldn't be dumb enough to hold the child accountable for rape.

That's how I deduced it. Also, the article makes no mention of rape so it's really nothing more than hearsay on your part.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-01-15, 2:08 AM #18
Quote:
This is stat we're talking about, Avenger. Not only is everything that comes out of his mouth as sarcastic as it gets, but it's usually done to try to stir people up. ;)

That's good to know. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-01-15, 5:24 AM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by 7
w.t.f.
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-15, 6:29 AM #20
God damn... *shakes head*
>>untie shoes
2005-01-15, 7:34 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by oSiRiS
Imagine a 12 year old. Imagine a twelve year old saying "I'm not a virgin anymore!". No 12 year old who was raped would say it like that; it's ridiculous. I'm betting this whole thing went down in some trailer in Alabama, and the daughter was, in fact, still a virgin, just trying to tell off her mom like stupid kids do. Or maybe she really wasn't a virgin. It's irrelevant. But I doubt she would have phrased it like that if she was raped, and I doubt she would have phrased it like that if she wasn't trying to make a point of it, probably to tick off her mom.

I guess the flaw of my argument is I'm assuming the mom wouldn't be dumb enough to hold the child accountable for rape.

That's how I deduced it. Also, the article makes no mention of rape so it's really nothing more than hearsay on your part.

Not dumb enough? She killed her. And made her drink bleach. And threatened to kill the kid. Are you serious?
D E A T H
2005-01-15, 9:22 AM #22
*sigh* Is this what the age of man is coming to?
2005-01-15, 9:53 AM #23
This is sad, but the sadder part is this isn't the worst I've seen. Not by far. Mankind has stooped so low and descended so deep.
2005-01-15, 3:13 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
This is the only time I wish that the prison inmates beat the ever living **** out of someone.

Child killers and pedophiles and the likes dont stand a ****ing chance in prison. They are hated even by other hardcore criminals.
2005-01-15, 3:51 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Muffinman
Child killers and pedophiles and the likes dont stand a ****ing chance in prison. They are hated even by other hardcore criminals.

So goes the rumor.

I'm surprised by the reaction here. I would think somebody would have at least some form of compassion for an obviously derranged women. I wonder if there are any pictures of her.

Anyways, I think she should fry. She'll probably get over like that women from Texas stands a chance to. Name escapes me at the moment. The one who drowned her kids and the conviction was tossed out because an expert witness either lied or made a mistake about a Law and Order episode.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-15, 3:52 PM #26
Thats horrible, very horrible. And I thought sex was meant to be an intimate nice thing, not something punishable for acts like that.

No sex for me then, sorry guys - I know you were looking forward. :p
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-15, 3:57 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
I'm surprised by the reaction here. I would think somebody would have at least some form of compassion for an obviously derranged women. I wonder if there are any pictures of her.
[/B]

I think the advocation of cruel and unusual punishment in this thread is terrible, but we already had a similar discussion not so long ago, so it's probably best to just let this thread die.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-15, 4:02 PM #28
I wouldn't worry about Yates, Wookie06. I don't think she's going to be released. Even if she is found guilty by reason of insanity, she will still be held in a mental institution of some sort. You can read more about it [url= http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/06/children.drowned/]here[/url].
2005-01-15, 4:02 PM #29
If the daughter admitted she was no longer a virgin, and it was true, then I believe that she should've been punished. But the mother seriously went to far with what she might have thought was a just punishment, so she deserves whatever the court sentencing is. It's a shame that things like this happen in today's time. Not only the mother's actions, but the 12 year old having sex. Clearly, the United States' population is losing their dignity.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-15, 4:05 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Wuss
I wouldn't worry about Yates, Wookie06. I don't think she's going to be released. Even if she is found guilty by reason of insanity, she will still be held in a mental institution of some sort. You can read more about it [url= http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/06/children.drowned/]here[/url].

Getting off on insanity really isn't 'getting off' at all. Life inside an asylum is usually considerably worse than prison, in that you'll be drugged up to the eyeballs and they can keep you there indefinitely.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2005-01-15, 4:20 PM #31
I can't believe that anyone would not condone the death penalty for this woman. Please enlighten me.
2005-01-15, 4:36 PM #32
Quote:
I can't believe that anyone would not condone the death penalty for this woman. Please enlighten me.

Do you generally agree with the death penalty?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-15, 4:40 PM #33
That's. Just. Wrong.
Still here.
2005-01-15, 5:38 PM #34
Deeply sad, but atleast she's pretty much guaranteed to spend her life locked up one way or another.

This is absolutely disgusting. 5 years for killing a child? How on earth could they say it was manslaughter? The fact that they lied about how he ended up so poisoned speaks for itself.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-15, 5:45 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
Do you generally agree with the death penalty?

Yeah.
2005-01-15, 5:54 PM #36
Talk about your messed up principals. :rolleyes: Anyone see a bit of irony here?
2005-01-15, 6:35 PM #37
Quote:

If you murder a murderer, how are you any better than them?

But anyway, the best argument against the death penalty is that it simply doesn't work. It doesn't decrease crime rate.
In fact, it seems to increase it - it may have a collective psychological effect of devaluing a human life. It promotes the idea that "you do something bad and I can justifiably kill you". What is actually 'bad' is entirely subjective, so some people might have different ideas of what is 'bad' but still arrive at the same conclusion - like this woman.
2005-01-15, 6:37 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Talk about your messed up principals. :rolleyes:

My school doesn't really have a principal, but instead two assistant principals and a president. But I wouldn't say any of them are messed up.
2005-01-15, 6:42 PM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Talk about your messed up principals. :rolleyes: Anyone see a bit of irony here?

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/martynpie/treeofirony.jpg]
2005-01-15, 6:48 PM #40
I personally thing that an entire life in prison is a good way to go myself. What's better then death than giving someone an entire life to waste doing nothing but being in jail?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve

↑ Up to the top!