Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Leon or a Merc?
Leon or a Merc?
2005-01-14, 9:40 PM #1
With the release of two new video games on the market (as well as other), I feel the urge to buy one. Resident Evil 4 caught my eye when I heard about it for my dear, sweet GCN last year, and was determined I'd pick it up, regardless of the cost. Then, last month, I flip on G4Tech TV, and I see them talking about this EXPLOSIVE game, Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. This game caght my eyes as well, and decided I'd pick it up for my PS2. Then I noticed that "hey, I have RE4 or Mercenaries...which'll it be?" and I couldn't decide which. On one hand, I've got a scary, yet cool looking game, and on the other, I've got an explosive shoot 'em up. I'm leaning towards the latter, mainly because I'm not sure RE4 is something I'f enjoy much. But then again, I may. So, Massassi, I turn to you. Near Zombie-like people, or Vietnamese Generals on my hitlist?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-01-14, 9:45 PM #2
I was intreguied by the Mercenaries commercian not to long ago. I might pick it up at some point for Xbox. It looks fun, and the description sounds like it should be, but who knows...

If you get it, I want to know how it is.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-14, 9:46 PM #3
RE4.

Fo shizzle.
D E A T H
2005-01-15, 6:01 AM #4
Grand Theft Army vs. Metal Gear Zombie, round 1!
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-01-15, 6:26 AM #5
I don't think there is any question. Zombies are better.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-15, 6:29 AM #6
Wheres the choice for Snkae Eater is better than anything?

anyway, Zombies have always been cooler,
check out the gamespot reviews too.
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2005-01-15, 9:14 AM #7
its actually quite ironic, because just the other day i bought RE4 and my little bro bought Mercenaries. From what i can tell., go with RE4. that game is just extremely amazing. Mercenaries is pretty fun, but RE4 kicks it out of the water.
All your bacon are belong to me

< robT> Name ONE thing that your windows comp can do that my MAC cant
< bawss> Right click.

http://www.bash.org/?462310
2005-01-15, 1:13 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
I was intreguied by the Mercenaries commercian not to long ago. I might pick it up at some point for Xbox. It looks fun, and the description sounds like it should be, but who knows...

If you get it, I want to know how it is.

Indeed. All the preview stuff I've read has been great. If it gets some good reviews, I'm getting it.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-15, 7:20 PM #9
I just realized, I butchered the word 'commercial' in my last post. Typing late at night = ERRORS.

I honestly love the commercial though. I disreguarded it as some lame game until I started hearing people talk about 'flipping a coin to decide which building to destroy, and then blowing them both up anyway', and 'using two grenades when one will do the job'. It grabed my attention rather quickly. I love games like that. I have a pyro and explosives freak living in my soul, so I find stuff like that to be downright awesome.

Thus ends a *mostly* useless post.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!