Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → **** you and your republican bull**** nonsense!
**** you and your republican bull**** nonsense!
2005-01-15, 6:42 AM #1
Anyone else a fan of Lewis Black? I've been listening to his albums again and one of my favorite moments is when he's talking about when he met Dick Cheney. He says "I MET Dick Cheney. And he's uh..waho. I've never STOOD so close to evil." then some guy in the audience protests to that so he walks over to him and goes "Oh, oh **** you, **** you and your republican bull**** nonsense!"
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-15, 7:10 AM #2
I saw Lewis Black at the PPAC last year on the Rules of Enragement Tour. He was okay, but then you realize all of his stuff is pretty much "I'M SO PISSED OFF AT THE OBVIOUS!!!!" I still thought he was funny, but his opening act was about 10x funnier. I don't remember his name, but god he was awesome.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-15, 7:19 AM #3
Black has his moments (his candy corn thing is pretty damn funny), but I remain a strong Mitch Hedberg fan.
2005-01-15, 7:26 AM #4
I'm a fan of both Mitch and Black.

End of the world...hehehe
D E A T H
2005-01-15, 8:23 AM #5
I've never heard of this guy, but he doesn't sound very funny from this thread.. I'm all for abusing Republicans, but it isn't exactly comic genius.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-15, 8:28 AM #6
I downloaded some Mitch Hedburg stuff...personally I thought it was an absolute waste of space on my computer.

I prefer other stuff like Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle, and Blue Collar Comedy Tour.
2005-01-15, 8:31 AM #7
CHRIS ROCK!
We don't need gun control we need some damn bullet control!
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-01-15, 9:58 AM #8
Lewis Black has got to be one of my favorite comedians. As far as his political lines go, I like "the Republican Party is the party of bad ideas, and the Democratic Party is the party of no ideas." or something like that.
2005-01-15, 10:49 AM #9
Jim Bruer....
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-15, 10:57 AM #10
George Carlin...
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-15, 12:23 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
Anyone else a fan of Lewis Black?

He is hilarious. I love his segments on the Daily Show.
2005-01-15, 12:39 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
I've never heard of this guy, but he doesn't sound very funny from this thread.. I'm all for abusing Republicans, but it isn't exactly comic genius.

I'd suggest trying him out before criticizing him. Hell, his book is hilarious.
D E A T H
2005-01-15, 12:54 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
I'm all for abusing Republicans

And you expect everyone to trust half the **** you say? Give me a ****ing break.
2005-01-15, 12:59 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Morfildor
And you expect everyone to trust half the **** you say? Give me a ****ing break.

Hey, I know! Let's take the obvious humour in his quote and attack him on it!
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-01-15, 1:09 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Tenshu

Oh no wait, let's flamebait because someone doesn't agree with our political principles! Or even both!
D E A T H
2005-01-15, 1:14 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Tenshu

You fail to realize that this community is not all liberals and atheists. Some people are not going to find that funny at all.
2005-01-15, 1:23 PM #17
Quote:
You fail to realize that this community is not all liberals and atheists. Some people are not going to find that funny at all.

Oh buzz off. Wookie's joked on Liberals many times, and I've never taken offense. You've just gotten your panties in a twist over nothing.

Just for your information, I'm not an atheist, I'm fairly Christian, and I took no offense to that. So stop it with the narrow minded thinking. And lighten up.
D E A T H
2005-01-15, 1:36 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Oh buzz off. Wookie's joked on Liberals many times, and I've never taken offense. You've just gotten your panties in a twist over nothing.

Just for your information, I'm not an atheist, I'm fairly Christian, and I took no offense to that. So stop it with the narrow minded thinking. And lighten up.

Sorry bout the atheist comment. I was thinking about something else when I mentioned that.

As for the offense thing, that's you, not me.
2005-01-15, 1:38 PM #19
Yeah, well I feel sorry for you. You must not be able to live day to day with the media bashing Republicans, the college kids bashing republicans...man, I don't even want to know how you would live if you were actually IN college.

:rolleyes:
D E A T H
2005-01-15, 1:44 PM #20
Quote:
Yeah, well I feel sorry for you. You must not be able to live day to day with the media bashing Republicans, the college kids bashing republicans...man, I don't even want to know how you would live if you were actually IN college.

:rolleyes:

Except I am in college. And I do live with it. And I have met very few people that take random times to bash someone's beliefs.
2005-01-15, 1:45 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Deadman
CHRIS ROCK!
We don't need gun control we need some damn bullet control!

Then there wouldn't be no innocent bystanders, they would think about shootin someone. :D
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-01-15, 1:50 PM #22
Quote:
Except I am in college. And I do live with it. And I have met very few people that take random times to bash someone's beliefs.

He didn't even bash your beliefs though, all he said was "I'm more than willing to bash Republicans". That's it. That means he doesn't agree with you. Maybe to an EXTREME extent, but still. He hasn't bashed ****.

Chill the **** out.
D E A T H
2005-01-15, 1:56 PM #23
Quote:
He didn't even bash your beliefs though, all he said was "I'm more than willing to bash Republicans". That's it. That means he doesn't agree with you. Maybe to an EXTREME extent, but still. He hasn't bashed ****.

Chill the **** out.

We're not discussing Mort, we're discussing what you claim to be everyday life on a college campus, which is not the case.

The issue with Mort is entirely different. It's not about beliefs but saying this after saying how he approaches issues/debates. But you've certainly taken every opportunity to attack my life.
2005-01-15, 2:06 PM #24
So anyways, I'm done derailing this thread...anyone read any of Lewis Black's book? I can't think of the name right now, but I remember reading a chapter in which he discusses Ann Coulter. Funny stuff :D
D E A T H
2005-01-15, 2:11 PM #25
All your points of view (especially where religion and politics are concerned) are equally useless, so it couldn't hurt to shut it. No one really cares, you've each made something resembling a stance on something or other, end it.
2005-01-15, 2:19 PM #26
...hee, this thread took an amusing yet totally unexpected turn.

I was totally just joking, heh. I don't 'abuse Republicans' just for the sake of it, and that was sort of the joke..

See, I think this sort of proves my point, in that it isn't really that funny to begin with.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-15, 2:41 PM #27
Lewis Black rocks. This thread sucks. Need I say more?

↑ Up to the top!