Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Need a mass-picture editing program
Need a mass-picture editing program
2005-01-15, 10:56 AM #1
I'm looking for something that's (legally) free that can edit massive amounts of pictures at a time, changing general properties. (Resolution, mainly.)

I've got about 200 pictures, and I do NOT want to have to change the resulotions from 1600x1200 to 800x600 manually in photoshop for each one...

Any ideas?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-15, 11:01 AM #2
I think if you have photoshop you can record an action of you changing the resolustion down and then apply that to every photo.

Or you can just get irfanview
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-01-15, 11:05 AM #3
You could learn python. In my CS class last semester we learned how to write a simple program to do that. I forgot how, and it was insanely stupid to do when you could just use available software, but I thought you could learn how....
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-15, 12:03 PM #4
If you're on windows irfanview can do that easily (batch conversion/rename is the name of the option, although I don't know where it is anymore because I don't use windows anymore): http://www.irfanview.com/

On linux it just takes a tiny shell script to run them through imagemagick or something.
2005-01-15, 7:22 PM #5
In photoshop, record an action of the task you want, then go to File/Automate/Batch. Set your preferences, let 'er rip.

That feature right there was one of my best friends when I was doing graphics work for the yearbook last year.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-15, 7:46 PM #6
Paint shop pro can do batch processing as well.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-15, 11:31 PM #7
Irfanview.

↑ Up to the top!