Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It's a Flood, and not in #massassi
It's a Flood, and not in #massassi
2005-01-17, 7:12 PM #1
For some reason, the weather in Southern Illinois (where I live) and Indiana has been...weird. It should be cold. Wait, it just got cold after 60 degree weather 2 days ago. Yes, it was 60 degrees in early January. But wait, IT RAINED HARD THEN TOO. The Wabash River (if anyone knows what that is) is in my FRIEND'S BACK YARD, and I'm NOT KIDDING. In FACT, it flooded over his well and now they don't have water, so he's staying in a hotel. Another friend of mine had a levee break near his house, and I don't know if his house is flooded or not, because he lives pretty close to the levee me-thinks. So, next time you watch the weather, glance at Southern Illinois/Indiana to see how we're doing down here in the Wabash Ocean. I MEAN RIVER!
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-01-17, 7:18 PM #2
We've had weird weather too. It been changing overnight from the teens and then a few days later to the upper sixties. It's been doing this for awhile. Did you know that they had snow over in Hawaii recently? I bet that was wierd.
2005-01-17, 7:21 PM #3
"If it keeps on raining, the levee's going to break
When the levee breaks, I have no place to stay..."

Sorry, couldn't resist. But yeah, that sucks. I hope they have flood insurance.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-17, 7:26 PM #4
what's REALLY gonna suck is when both my friends get flooded out and have to re-do their houses, and yeah..they won't have anywhere to stay for a while. This is freaking insane...and it's NOT STOPPING! it's supposed to keep rising til Thursday
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-01-17, 7:27 PM #5
I blame the earthquake.
Stuff
2005-01-17, 7:40 PM #6
It's been a little wet here in Arizona! It's unusual, but nothing spectacular.
2005-01-17, 7:57 PM #7
Welcome to Cincinnati for the past.... well forever.
2005-01-17, 8:00 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
I blame the earthquake.

This wouldn't have happened if Bush hadn't been re-elected.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-17, 8:10 PM #9
I had 4 inches of snow in Houston freaking Texas. First time ive seen snow here, plus it went from like 80 degrees to 40 in one night.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-17, 8:16 PM #10
The White River just passed its 4th highest in its history in Southern Indiana. I just drove past Lake Monroe and its the highest I've ever seen it. About 10 more feet and it would be over the bridge.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-17, 8:40 PM #11
THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH AT HAND! REPENT SINNERS!

o.0
2005-01-18, 4:22 PM #12
We went from 80 - 30 degrees in one day here in FL.

Hope your river stops rising soon, that bites.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-18, 4:23 PM #13
Hey Trigger Happy Chewie! Good to know a Massassian from AZ!

I heard there was snow in Saudi Arabia and Dubai. Man the worlds going crazy!
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-18, 5:49 PM #14
The Flood?
[http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_3_15_2004_15_50_26/HaloFloodling_v.1.0.jpgd54037d0-fb86-4dcf-a232-3cbe7714dbfdLarge.jpg]
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-18, 5:50 PM #15
what the...?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-18, 5:57 PM #16
Southern Illinois? I live in Southern Illinois. Carbondale, actually, so the flooding hasn't affected me, but the local news covers nothing else. The weather has been completely screwy recent, going from -8 to 60+ in less than a week, and snowing or raining constantly.
2005-01-18, 6:56 PM #17
Hey Ictus, ever heard of Robinson? Hi, I live in Robinson! And the one friend who had the levee break near him, it's 5 miles away so he's in no flood danger (Thank GOD), but he had to go a long way to get to school today...he said he left at 6:00 and got here at 8:30. The weather is really starting to scare me, and I'm glad to know it's not just here that the weather's screwed up...80 to 40 and 4 inches of snow in Texas? No, Don't think so. And my friend who's in a hotel now is out for like, the whole week, but it isn't SUPPOSED to flood his house. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens in the future.
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!