Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Site updates
Site updates
2005-01-17, 11:08 PM #1
Since probably quite a few of you never check the main page anymore, here's the list of changes I've made tonight:

1. Ended the holiday logo rotation on the main page.
2. Fixed the old news script, once again you can now view all of the news that was posted on a particular day in the past.

http://www.massassi.net/oldnews/

3. Fixed a problem with the links that none of you probably even knew about. When I get a chance, I will probably go through and remove all of the dead links, its been a few years since this was last done.

http://www.massassi.net/links/

4. Fixed the ban inquiry form. If you're banned, and would like to know why, how long its for, or would like to contest it, feel free to use it.

http://www.massassi.net/bi/

I took a quick look at SotD, but the script to add new SotD's looks busted beyond hope. I hope Brian has a backup he can upload. In the meantime you can still view the old SotD's:

[EDIT]Wait, no you cant, I'm an idiot.
2005-01-17, 11:14 PM #2
Good work, DSettahr :)
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2005-01-17, 11:34 PM #3
Three Cheers!
Pissed Off?
2005-01-17, 11:50 PM #4
Now all we need is a sticky thread that automatically makes a post every time a news post is made on the main page for those of us who've given up hope on the main page. :D
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-17, 11:53 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Now all we need is a sticky thread that automatically makes a post every time a news post is made on the main page for those of us who've given up hope on the main page. :D
That's not a bad idea :)

DS: thanks for all the work man, you are awesome.
2005-01-18, 3:22 AM #6
The first thing I noticed when I opened my internet browser was "How come I don't see santa blowing (something) up?"

Nice
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-18, 11:01 PM #7
I purged the link database... 99% of the links were dead, and 99% of those that werent went to sites that havent been updated in years. Sorry if this causes anyone any inconvenience. If your site is still active, feel free to re-add the link.

http://www.massassi.net/links/
2005-01-18, 11:35 PM #8
the copyright notice in the links section is out f date by two years.

it says 1998-2003

it should say 1998-2005.

[/nitpick]

oh, and the ban inquiary form is out by 3 years.

:p
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-01-19, 2:48 AM #9
GW Detty!
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2005-01-19, 7:06 AM #10
I suppose I'm one of the few people that still check the news page, and I also check the links page from time to time, so this is much appreciated.
2005-01-19, 10:00 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by SithNazgul
GW Detty!

I believe you mean DSetty.
2005-01-19, 10:08 AM #12
SO basically, all that is really left is SOTDs (and those old Massassian level reviews?)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-19, 10:10 AM #13
Nice job. This will some in handy if you're :banned: and want to know why.
2005-01-19, 10:11 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
SO basically, all that is really left is SOTDs (and those old Massassian level reviews?)

I've got some ideas for some new stuff. I took a look at the reviews section, that looks like its broken beyond hope as well... but Brian probably has a backup of that section as well. Although I think the plan was to get away from Staff-oriented reviews, and provide a system where anyone could submit reviews.
2005-01-19, 10:36 AM #15
Why is SotD busted beyond hope? I'm sure it's not a difficult thing to (re)script.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-19, 11:53 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by JediGandalf
Why is SotD busted beyond hope? I'm sure it's not a difficult thing to (re)script.

I meant beyond hope of repair. Sure you could start again from scratch and it wouldnt be that hard, but I'm guessing that Brian probably has a backup of it somewhere.
2005-01-19, 12:01 PM #17
I knew we could count on you, DS.
2005-01-19, 12:55 PM #18
Well, the link page now is abit small. Maybe we should start a thread to add suggestions for possible links.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-19, 4:11 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
I've got some ideas for some new stuff. I took a look at the reviews section, that looks like its broken beyond hope as well... but Brian probably has a backup of that section as well. Although I think the plan was to get away from Staff-oriented reviews, and provide a system where anyone could submit reviews.

Whichever, I'd be willing to start reviewing again if asked to. :)

Great job on fixing stuff, DS. :D
2005-01-19, 4:15 PM #20
I also offered to review, along with my SotD job.

I really would like to start posting SotD again; I'm lonelly with no job to do.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-19, 4:19 PM #21
I offered you one at the OSC you wang, go write something so we can post something!
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-19, 10:18 PM #22
I have a backup of the SOTD scripts of course but we need to regenerate all the old pages... with no author/forum post information apparently.
2005-01-19, 10:31 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr

I made a review script over at OSC. It's designed to be "staff reviewers" but with some modifications it can be made into where the populous can review given item. There are definitely pros and cons to letting the masses review. I shall lead that up to you. If you like, you can take a look at the review page/script at http://www.oscempire.net/ Yes I suppose this is a plug/ad for Yecti's site.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-20, 8:05 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
I offered you one at the OSC you wang, go write something so we can post something!

AND I ALREADY WROTE SOMETHING AND YECTI WAS LAZY SCRIPTING AND YOU WOULDN'T POST IT, YOU WANG!

*takes it to AIM*

In other news: How's the SotD comming?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-20, 8:08 PM #25
You never sent it to me to verify if I liked it or not. PM it to me.

Since we're on the topic of OSC :p

Quote:
I made a review script over at OSC. It's designed to be "staff reviewers" but with some modifications it can be made into where the populous can review given item. There are definitely pros and cons to letting the masses review. I shall lead that up to you. If you like, you can take a look at the review page/script at http://www.oscempire.net/ Yes I suppose this is a plug/ad for Yecti's site.

/waits for JG to make the promissed changes to the script so people can edit their reviews.

(sorry about the hijack..continue)
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!