Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → American Idol
American Idol
2005-01-18, 6:24 PM #1
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am not ashamed to admit that I enjoy watching American Idol. Sometimes the music is good, but especially at the beginning of the season it can be HILARIOUSLY entertaining. :)

Anyone else watching it? They're showing tryouts now, if anyone remembers William Hung you know why this can be fun to watch.

And while I'm on the topic: what song would you sing if you went on American Idol? I haven't decided yet since singing isn't my talent.
2005-01-18, 6:25 PM #2
I'd watch it if the losers got shot. Otherwise, it's just boring.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-18, 6:27 PM #3
The only thing worth watching is the auditions.
2005-01-18, 6:39 PM #4
I can't stand it.
2005-01-18, 6:49 PM #5
Reality TV should be shot, drawn and quartered, burned, it's ashes nuked, and then what ever is left shot into the sun.

I think that sums up my feelings.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-18, 6:52 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
The only thing worth watching is the auditions.

Seconded. Like the reactions from people who think they can sing but are told they suck.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-18, 7:00 PM #7
Can't top this.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-18, 7:03 PM #8
Indeed you can't
Pissed Off?
2005-01-18, 7:09 PM #9
No one's ever going to touch that virgin.
2005-01-18, 7:10 PM #10
Only the auditions, and the recap "Worst-Of Show"

That last chick was freaky.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-01-18, 7:16 PM #11
yeah, I don't watch it, not a fan. Though, I will agree that from what I have seen, the auditions are funny.

If I were to go onto American Idol? I would probably sing one of my classical songs, perhaps in italian, purely to see what they would say:). I'm just not really into that kind of music, I guess.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-01-18, 7:17 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by mscbuck
That last chick was freaky.

She was absolutley hideous. Sometimes I think these people are just put up to this. You would have to be pretty stupid to go in there with a voice like that and think you have even the slightest chance of getting in. Havent these people watched previous auditions and seen the idiots that think they have talent? They could save themselves a hell of a lot of humiliation :rolleyes:
2005-01-18, 7:36 PM #13
Some people are just that delusional.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-18, 7:38 PM #14
I only watch the first part, because it is extermly funny. I usually then stop watching by the 2nd episode of the "serious" part.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-01-18, 8:29 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Reality TV should be shot, drawn and quartered, burned, it's ashes nuked, and then what ever is left shot into the sun.

Agreed, but I do think The Apprentice is quite entertaining.

As for American Idol, doesn't any of there friends just tell them "YOU SUCK" before they try out? God.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-01-18, 8:34 PM #16
I'm annoyed that the show is called "American Idol." I mean, how does these people reflect American talent?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-18, 8:37 PM #17
I'd go on there and be as horrible of a singer as possible, because that way, you're practically guaranteed to appear on TV during prime time!
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-18, 8:40 PM #18
I like the show! ^_^ I tend to like the second part better though...I feel too bad when watching those horrible people. My friend and I actually considered going just for fun this time around. I would have sang I'm a Little Tea Pot or You Are My Sunshine :D (I'm such a dork)
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-18, 9:22 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
I'm annoyed that the show is called "American Idol." I mean, how does these people reflect American talent?

The talent isn't what gets me. It's the 'Idol' part. Why the hell would anyone want to idolize those people?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-01-19, 5:53 AM #20
I can't stand these shows.

Does it annoy anyone else that since Simon Cowell went to America to do American Idol, he's absolutely everywhere? I'm sick of TV shows and movies (see: Simpsons, Scary Movie 3, Shrek 2 DVD) guest-starring him and essentially using the same joke (basically him telling people that they are rubbish in that unique, patronising tone) over and over again. I'll admit, it was funny at first, but now it's just boring.

Same thing happened a couple of years ago when the Weakest Link was Americanised.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-01-19, 6:19 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman

Well, you must realize no one in hollywood is actually american. :p
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-19, 6:55 AM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by AKPiggott
Same thing happened a couple of years ago when the Weakest Link was Americanised.

Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. "You are the weakest link, goodbye." You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference... reference that outside the program before. Because that's what she says on the show right? Isn't it? "You are the weakest link goodbye." And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult me in this everyday situation. God what a clever, smart girl you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. That's so fresh too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? Caus-cause I'm here... God you're so funny!
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-19, 8:37 AM #23
Its fun listening to the rejected auditioners cussing off at Simon.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-19, 8:40 AM #24
Not really it just makes them look even more pathetic when they can't accept that they suck.
2005-01-19, 8:45 AM #25
Thats makes it even more funny!
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-19, 11:39 AM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286

Because I think my opinion is far superior to yours.

("Yours" of course refering to anyone who finds this stuff entertaining.)
Last Stand
2005-01-19, 11:58 AM #27
I actually knew two people who went on it. On was a girl who was actually good and made it past the first couple of rounds. The other was named Mathew Pate. He was from orlando. Simon said he shoiuld be arrested for murdering the tune.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-01-19, 1:12 PM #28
Is there any site that has some of the worst singers on American Idol for download? I missed the first 2 seasons and most of the 3rd.
2005-01-19, 1:20 PM #29
That 18 year old girl near the end of the show (the skinny blonde crazy one) was absolutely hilarious!!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-19, 1:28 PM #30
The opening with the fat lady singing the national anthem, was torture.
|-|E|_|_O

↑ Up to the top!