Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hu..wha..gha....what?
Hu..wha..gha....what?
2005-01-18, 8:00 PM #1
So it seems that Dairy Queen is giving away a free alienware computer, the manager at the local DQ was telling me about it so I figure why not try, I got nothing to lose from it. So I try to enter, and you have to be within the ages of 8-16. What the hell? Ages 8-16, It may just be me, but that seems rather idiotic to have an age restriction on something like that, I can understand having a restriction like "must be 18 to enter" for legal purposes, but 8-16?

That restriction just seems a little off to me, anyone else think that?
2005-01-18, 8:03 PM #2
ask about it, see if they'll change it. Talk to le manager? Dunno. Cheat? pay a kid a few bucks to enter for you? :)
2005-01-18, 8:07 PM #3
Get some acne. Look like you have been dumped. Crave sex. Then you will look 16!
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-18, 8:07 PM #4
Not being able to enter doesn't bother me, (not that I wouldn't mind having a semi-decent computer for a change). It's the ages that seem bizarre to me. Why put a restriction on the age, but also ask for personal information like street address, full name, and the like? You'd need a guardian to be able to do that anyway.
2005-01-18, 8:21 PM #5
Maybe they are taking advantage of the kids in your area by finding out where they live. :confused:
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2005-01-18, 8:25 PM #6
Heh, having worked at a DQ for a few years, I can tell you that the franchise, in my area at least, is too damn poor to even do a promotion like that, let alone going Alienware. :p
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-18, 8:58 PM #7
No, it's not just the local DQ, it's all of the US. [url]www.thedqlab.com[/url] is where you register.
2005-01-18, 9:44 PM #8
I agree, I just saw that last night...

I thought the same thing about a contest to win a trip to the cayman islands on the back of a box of S'Morz cereal...

You have to be between 5 and 15 to enter!...

There's a maximum limit of 124 people (because you get to take like 3 or 4 friends and they're families) But wouldn't you rather it go to someone 18 or older... the kid could fairly easily enter, not tell his parents, win, and not be able to go because the parents wouldn't be able to get off of work or something, or just not be able to go for some other reason or something...

It's just stupid to have such young age restrictions... i mean a 5 year old probably doesn't even know what the crap the Cayman Islands are (not that I do, but that just further proves my point)..

But eh, whatever.

↑ Up to the top!