Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cricket (the game)
Cricket (the game)
2005-01-19, 9:11 AM #1
Who has ever played cricket in their life? I say that cricket is the best sport in the world. I ask someone, 'Hey do you know what cricket is?'. And their response would be, 'Is it the game with the little paddle?'. I get so ticked off!
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-19, 9:14 AM #2
Cricket rocks the big one one one.

I'm a pretty crappy bowler 'cause for me, pace is inversely proportional to accuracy. I'm an ok batsman too, but I do panic quite a bit. Fielding? Not too hot.

It's great to have a knockabout in a field with a tennis ball and a set of kwik cricket stumps.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-19, 9:14 AM #3
I find cricket exceptionally dull, unless played on the beach with a tennis ball and just a few mates, with a crate of beer on ice on standby.

But that's just my opinion :p
2005-01-19, 9:15 AM #4
How does one play cricket exactly?
2005-01-19, 9:35 AM #5
Cricket is the most boring game I have ever witnessed or played.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-19, 9:38 AM #6
Cricket is awesome! :D

Unfortunately only had the chance to play it once so far. Some old austrailian bloke was teaching some friends and i. Though we were all incredibly bad at it except for him.

I think it would be a good game to bring a box of bottles to so you have summat to drink when theyre just running back and forth or they always hit to the other side..

I could never remember any of the position names either, so i just started making up my name that sounded close. Like ante-ventral wonky batfinker, or paleo-glottal egg-swisher.

Most memorable moment was someone scooping the ball and hurling it at the wicket and making a direct hit.. and the stick staying on top.. leading to the inescapable austrailian drawl of "now that's a sticky wicket.."
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2005-01-19, 1:13 PM #7
My dad's office collegues set up a cricket team. They play with other teams from all over AZ. Im like one of the best batsmen.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-19, 6:55 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_biggs
My dad's office collegues set up a cricket team. They play with other teams from all over AZ. Im like one of the best batsmen.

Where in AZ? Hell I wouldn't mind giving cricket a good college try.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-19, 6:59 PM #9
I can truely understand how and why people would find cricket the epitomy of boring, but personally it's one of my favourite things about summer.

Playing it is ok, but sitting on the couch with a beer watching the Aussies whip whichever poor country's cricket team was sent over here to give our boys a bit of batting a bowling practice is the definition of a summer day.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-19, 8:54 PM #10
All I know about cricket, is that it shares a name with a particularly annoying bug, and what I have read about it in Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
2005-01-20, 6:56 AM #11
Cricket is great, I used to be a shocking batsman, but a decent bowler.
2005-01-20, 7:01 AM #12
I was in the 2nds team for bowling and fielding at boarding school...
Cricket is great.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}

↑ Up to the top!