Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Taking a Note from Jaiph
Taking a Note from Jaiph
2005-01-19, 4:42 PM #1
I am stepping down from file posters, news poster, SoTD, chat Op (as you may have noticed already), and lastly, Forum Admin.

Frankly, I've become tired of (I really mean no offense, but it's true) the people here. I'm tired of telling them what to act like .

It's been a great 4 years, and I appreciate any help or advice you have given me in those years.

I am now a lowly member! FLAME ME TO MY DEATH!

(I still will stick around though, as a member, if you haven't noticed).
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-01-19, 4:48 PM #2
Was I that much of a pain in the ***? :(
2005-01-19, 4:49 PM #3
Haha, now bucky can join my school of justice, and voice his opinion instead of remaining the nuetral snob of an admin that he's always been! MUAHAHA

*signature*
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-19, 4:50 PM #4
With so many admins stepping down... MIKUS 4 PREZ
2005-01-19, 4:51 PM #5
As you wish

*flames mscbuck*
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-19, 4:52 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
With so many admins stepping down... MIKUS 4 PREZ

I second your suggestion.

:D
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-01-19, 4:53 PM #7
Ha ha! [/Nelson]
Pissed Off?
2005-01-19, 5:09 PM #8
*hands buck a pint*

Welcome [dramatic pause] to the real world.

:D
2005-01-19, 5:12 PM #9
bye bucky mcopop, i'll miss your ability to ban people...
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-19, 5:14 PM #10
To quote Modest Mouse - Bury Me With It, and saberopus' sig:

We are humming birds who have lost the plot and we will not move

[/random]

Seriously though, I'm kinda mad that I won't be able to explo--er I mean...righteously use your admin privileges...yeah...

<_<
D E A T H
2005-01-19, 5:15 PM #11
So... like... would it be possible to transfer your admin-ship to someone else... *COUGHKYLE90COUGH*

By the way, I just want to tell you what a wonderful person you are, and how you've done an amazing job with being an admin, op, file poster, etc. You will always be remembered and respected...

[/asskissing]
Stuff
2005-01-19, 5:21 PM #12
I'd make a good op *hint hint*
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-19, 5:26 PM #13
God damn, not you too.

:(
2005-01-19, 5:51 PM #14
If you are tired of telling certain people what to do over and over, why don't you just ban them?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-19, 5:53 PM #15
Hey, why don't all of the Admins step down and we can rule Massassi ourselves!! :rolleyes:
2005-01-19, 5:56 PM #16
So... how many people think I would make a fine mod? (Eh, it'll happen.. some day. It's been more than 7 years in the making though... :P )
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-19, 5:57 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
If you are tired of telling certain people what to do over and over, why don't you just ban them?

Because they tend to be the same people that throw up the hugest fuss when they get banned. Not that you cant try to argue you case when you are banned, but some people can be so aggravating to those admins that try to listen to everyone and be completely impartial in their actions.

Certain admins can and will ban anyone without looking back, but others will listen to anyone, regardless of how justified the ban was. Some people tend to take advantage of this, even if they dont realize it.

I dont really feel like I've gotten my point across in this post... but all I can say is that its not something you can really understand until you've admined a medium to large size message board yourself... When you care about it so much to the point of investing a lot of time into it, its hard not to let the little things drag you down sometimes.
2005-01-19, 5:57 PM #18
I elect Avenger.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-19, 5:59 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
I elect Avenger.

Seconded. Him or Wolfy.
2005-01-19, 6:00 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Seconded. Him or Wolfy.

Wolfy already was an Admin once. He resigned from the post a few years ago.

I dont think will be selecting new Admins anyways... The two that have stepped down were ones that werent really taking action as admins all that much anyways. There hasnt been any official discussion about it either, so any rumors you might hear are most likely false.
2005-01-19, 6:01 PM #21
Hmm... I don't remember that. Oh well.
2005-01-19, 6:01 PM #22
Am I the only one who think Flexor would be like 100% the best Admin ever?
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-19, 6:02 PM #23
Yes! Give it to Flex! Balance of power, people! I don't think I could take having both DSett *AND* Avenger admins at the same time! ;) Would go crazy! Flex! Flex! Flex! Or maybe Mort, or something.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-19, 6:03 PM #24
maybe not.
2005-01-19, 6:03 PM #25
If your idea of a good admin is a slack-arsed Quebecer, you might as well make me an admin. :p
2005-01-19, 6:05 PM #26
Flexor has been here long
Flexor is nice to everyone
Flexor follows the rules
Flexor is an example for us all
Flexor wears lobsters on his head
Flexor is bilingual
Flexor makes sexy music
Flexor can enfore the rules because he is well respected
2005-01-19, 6:08 PM #27
I'm hereby throwing in my bid for power.

The admin ranks need diversity.
2005-01-19, 6:09 PM #28
I think the key here, and Brian probably know this, is to hire someone who never flames people or lets his emotions get the best of him. I think it would also be a plus to have someone (unlike me) who hasn't participated in too many political threads, as that would have almost certainly biased some part of the community against him, however unfortunate or unfair that may be.

If it were up to voting, I would vote for Mort-Hog, Pagewizard_YKS, or possibly Flexor, though I don't really remember know him that well. I wonder what Brian has to say about all this.
2005-01-19, 6:11 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Flexor has been here long
Flexor is nice to everyone
Flexor follows the rules
Flexor is an example for us all
Flexor wears lobsters on his head
Flexor is bilingual
Flexor makes sexy music
Flexor can enfore the rules because he is well respected

Hey, I fit in there, kinda...

I've been here for a long time, I'm bilingual and I make sexy music. But for the rules stuff.... :(
2005-01-19, 6:15 PM #30
Pagewizard? You'd vote for PW? Baaaaaahahahaahaaha. :D

Now, let's see where I fit into the scheme of things...

/me has been here long: Check.
/me is nice to everyone: Eh... heh, probably a no here. Who am I kidding? Hell no.
/me follows the rules: Negatory.
/me is an example for us all: Of course! A bad example, maybe, but an example nonetheless.
/me wears lobsters on his head: No such lobster. :(
/me is bilingual: No way. Dangit.
/me makes sexy music: Discrimination!
/me can enfore the rules because he is well respected: I don't want to get into this.

In summary: Damnit! :(

Oh, and also, I think gbk would make a great admin if he wants the job.
2005-01-19, 6:19 PM #31
Let me just reiterate... We arent currently looking for new admins. Those that have stepped down really werent around much anyways.

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just afraid that if I dont make that point clear, people are going to expect us to be "hiring" new admins soon... and when we dont, those that are being pegged as good candidates, and even those that are doing the pegging, could feel some resentment. I just dont want this to cause problems in the future.

Note: this doesnt neccessarily mean that we wont be looking in the future, or even the near future, just dont expect this discussion to yield results.
2005-01-19, 6:21 PM #32
Excellent, just one step closer to throwing Massassi into utter chaos. My plan is coming together perfectly...
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-19, 6:22 PM #33
It's still fun to vote for people hypothetically. :D
2005-01-19, 6:24 PM #34
Listen, I know you guys are all excited because now there is an apparent slot for admin open, but I can assure you we do not need anyone to fill Jaiphs spot.
Jaiph was a good admin, and now he has decided to step down from his spot. If you didn't read before, Jaiph was stepping down because he was rarely here.
There is no need to assign someone else to the spot
Sorry to dissappoint you all. :P
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-01-19, 6:26 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
It's still fun to vote for people hypothetically. :D

Of course it is. I just dont want anyone to get their hopes up.
2005-01-19, 6:31 PM #36
Give it up SAJN. No matter how badly you want me to be an admin, I don't want to be one. Pretty much for the same reasons buck is stepping down. I'm just content to moderate the music forum because people there can be civilized. I don't want anything else.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-19, 6:37 PM #37
Sorry to see you forced to go, and glad to see you're sticking around! (Go go captain grammar!)

I nominate Pugler!!

*gets destroyed*
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-19, 6:41 PM #38
Quote:
Give it up SAJN. No matter how badly you want me to be an admin, I don't want to be one. Pretty much for the same reasons buck is stepping down. I'm just content to moderate the music forum because people there can be civilized. I don't want anything else.

Yeah, but you'd make a good one :p I still love you!
2005-01-19, 6:41 PM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Flexor

I still say me and Seb should be mods along with you. Two music teachers and a lobster-face. Think of the possibilities!
2005-01-19, 6:57 PM #40
Flex really want's to be an admin, he is just playing the "I dont want to anyways", because he knows he can't.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

↑ Up to the top!