Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The weird things your pets do or like
The weird things your pets do or like
2005-01-19, 8:42 PM #1
My dog is obsessed with ice cubes.... cant get enough of them. If she hears the freezer door open, bam, she's there, waiting for an icecube. She also barks relentlessly if she's not given enough attention. Its an angry bark, not a whiny one... demanding attention, not crying for it.

Post the funny things about your pets.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-01-19, 8:47 PM #2
My dog Toby puts his front paws completely flat, places his head on the paws, and keeps his back legs straight. He then barks, runs across the room, gets back in that position, barks, and runs across the room to repeat.

He's ran into the fire place twice and into the bottom of a chair once.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-01-19, 10:21 PM #3
I have two cats. Whenever they hear running water they must investigate. Sink, bathtub, toilet. Whatever the source. They drink out of the toilet on occasion as well... despite their interest in running water, they still hate to be sprayed with it :)
"The funniest thing about time is when it doesn't. I'll leave you hanging there for the moment, and let you age while the shadows don't lengthen, if you see what I mean." ~~Steven Brust
2005-01-19, 10:25 PM #4
My brother's friend's dog howls along to the WAAOWAAOWAA bit in the theme to the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly whenever someone plays it. Funniest thing ever.

My brother's dog has a Pavlovian drooling reaction to the word "Juusto", cheese.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-01-19, 10:26 PM #5
my cat likes to drink water straight out of the faucet. had to break her from the habit though since she ended up sleeping in the sink patiently waiting for someone to wash their hands so she could get a fresh drink. :)

my dog goes insane like i'm going to take him for a walk whenever i put my black hoodie and combat boots on.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-01-19, 10:28 PM #6
My new kitten likes to climb door-frames, and has these impressive tactics when fighting the other two felines. She'll find some cover, wait for one to come by, then do a leap attack, closing around the neck with paws and chomping down.
2005-01-19, 10:36 PM #7
One of my cats is nuts. If we leave photos out, he likes to like them. Same cat has a tendancy to walk into rooms and just start howling at nothing. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but he's Siamese and he can really crank out the noise.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-19, 10:46 PM #8
Almost forgot my dog also jumps right into the bathtub whenever she gets the chance, whether or not there is water in it. She'll also "bite" the water if we turn the faucet on.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-01-19, 10:49 PM #9
Most of my cats like the music I do. Makes them feel happy. But one of them absolutely flips out when it comes to Red Alert music. :(
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-19, 11:50 PM #10
oh! i remember we decided to take the dog (yellow lab) to the ocean when we lived in jacksonville, since you know..labs are supposed to like water....he freaked out and wouldn't move past the dune, so he must've thought the ocean sound was traffic, when we finally got him over the dune, he saw all the water....and then started DRINKING IT UP!!! it was the funniest **** ever...then when we put him in the car...on the way home, he threw up all over the back seat...just glad he held his crapper, cause when he got out of the car he unloaded. XD he must've drank 3 bowls of water afterwards!
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-01-20, 12:27 AM #11
My cat likes eating crickets and bogong (sp?) moths.

Also, she goes crazy a number of times.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-01-20, 12:31 AM #12
she also likes letting her cat milk turn into yoghurt, then she eats it.

very strange cat.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-01-20, 7:00 AM #13
My cat has strange eating habits too (though not quite that strange :eek: )

He flicks each piece of dry food out of the bowl with his front left paw, then eats it off the ground. He never ever eats food straight out of the bowl. He also refuses to eat without the food first being touched by myself of my mother, even when it's been sitting in the bowl for hours. He'll find me, wake me up, whatever, drag me to his bowl, then sit in front of it until I reach down and stir the food a little with my fingers. It's almost like he's asking persmission.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-20, 7:27 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
It wouldn't be such a big deal, but he's Siamese and he can really crank out the noise.

I imagined an organ grinder playing a cat by cranking its tail. Weird image.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-20, 8:14 AM #15
We have a cat who will dip his paw into a cup..his water dish..or whatever, then lick his paw (rather than drinking directly out of the dish.)..
woot!
2005-01-20, 8:26 AM #16
My brother's a soccer fanatic.
2005-01-20, 8:30 AM #17
My dog is excellent at interpreting facial expressions. During the summer, I dug one of those large frisbee like sleds out of the garage and she tried to fetch it. Halfway back she said "ahhh **** it" and went with the smaller one. We also got one of those fitness balls (the huge things with the handle) from my aunt, I threw it out into the yard and she started dragging it back by the handle.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-20, 8:41 AM #18
my cat licks the floor...
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-20, 9:25 AM #19
Whenever my dog finds bugs outside she'll use the side of her head to crush them until their dead, and then will keep crushing them for some time after they die. It's weird to watch.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-20, 9:45 AM #20
My dog likes to run around like a rabbit when its REALLY hyper, it kinda drags its *** and leaps forward kinda, but doesn't hop, its hard to explain. It also likes to run around chasing its tail until it gets dissy and pretty much falls over.:o
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-20, 9:47 AM #21
If you're petting my dog Hunny or scratching her chest, she'll use her front paws to move your hand down to your stomach. If you start scratching her chest again, she'll grip your hand with her paws and move it back down to her stomach.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-20, 9:48 AM #22
My German Shephard likes to....

Eat flies and spiders
Luy on the newspaper to stop us reading
punch us in the face with her paw when we arent paying her attention
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}