Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help me with my car
Help me with my car
2005-01-19, 10:55 PM #1
Alright, as some of you may remember, a few weeks ago I bent the rim on my front driver's side wheel and had it replaced. Upon getting it replaced, I instantly noticed that the wheel was not the correct color.

The wiring is the same, and the majority of the wheel is correct. However, in the very center of the wheel, it was black and said "ABS" in silver letters. On my new wheel, the middle is silver and reads "ABS" in black. The wiring matches, yet the color of that part doesn't, and it is instantly noticeable when you look at the car.

So, after talking to some people and fooling around with the car in Need For Speed Underground, I have decided to paint my wheels to match.

Being as I have 3 family members who work for CarMax, I can easily get the wheels painted for dirt cheap, and, maybe even for free if I provide the paint.

So, I have been considering on painting the wheel blue. Now, you might think "That looks weird" but after playing with the game, I realized it actually is kind of cool looking. I've been looking up different things I can do to my car (legally) so the wheels match. I have found some legal head lights that are not blue, but appear to be by extra clarity, I can add some lights inside my car, and change out a few other things to get it to match, including adding blue tint to my windows.

However, I have also been thinking I can easily paint the wheels all silver and let it be. So, take a look at my car (before I bent the rim) and tell me, would the wheels look good with blue, if I add more blue to the car? Or should I paint them silver?
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-01-19, 11:34 PM #2
Blue headlights?... You mean the lights on the front of your car that help you see at night? You want those lights to be blue?... That would be so horribly distracting for every other driver. It would only piss people off. Hell, it pisses me off just thinking about it. It makes me think of those blue halogen lights that all the new cars seem to have these days. These things bother my eyes so much, I can't stand it.

As for the tires, I say keep it so it doesn't match. Then again, my idea of a good car is... Well, have you ever seen the movie Uncle Buck?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-01-20, 6:55 AM #3
I love those blue lights you see on newer BMWs and Mercedes these days. They're blue when you first see them, then they turn yellow as the car gets closer, then blue, yellow, then back to blue again as the car passes.

So very distracting :D
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-20, 7:31 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Spork
I love those blue lights you see on newer BMWs and Mercedes these days. They're blue when you first see them, then they turn yellow as the car gets closer, then blue, yellow, then back to blue again as the car passes.

So very distracting :D

Any BMW is distracting to me...
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-20, 8:03 AM #5
They changed the lights to be unique so people would have a reason to call them Beamers.
2005-01-20, 11:04 AM #6
Get a new center cap so they match. Please don't paint the wheels...
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-01-20, 11:07 AM #7
There's plenty of cars in my area with illegal colored headlights. I've seen green, yellow, and blue. I don't really think they look that good, and it's just asking for a ticket. If you're talking just halogen lamps that look blue, those just bug me as it hurts my eyes when I'm driving.

I'm old-school, and don't think that rims should be colored. I'm all for chrome, though, as it looks sport.

Honestly, your car would look silly with blue rims IMO.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-20, 1:46 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by NoESC
Get a new center cap so they match. Please don't paint the wheels...

I can't. The cap in the middle can't be replaced, as it's kind of part of the wheel.
2005-01-20, 3:38 PM #9
If you don't like your car how it is, I'd gladly trade you my Ford Festeva for it. All the rims match on it.
2005-01-20, 3:49 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Hebedee
They changed the lights to be unique so people would have a reason to call them Beamers.

The cars are called Bimmers, the motorcycles are Beamers.

I say paint them silver, I can't see blue wheels looking decent. It's up to you though, if you like it go for it.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-20, 7:55 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
If you don't like your car how it is, I'd gladly trade you my Ford Festeva for it. All the rims match on it.

Got $5000K?

And yeah, I've been thinking it over, and painting them silver would be several times easier. After all, for the front wheel, I just gotta remove the cap and repaint it, and on the rest, I just have to put tape over the bolts to be sure I don't actidentally paint those. So yeah, I think I'll find a nice metallic silver.

But I am still going to add the blue lights on the interior. I found a gas/break pedal that light up when you put your foot on them, and replace the lights on the inside (not the main lights but the floor lights) with the blue lights.
2005-01-20, 8:01 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

I'm sure he's perfectly happy with his Pontiac. ;)
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...

↑ Up to the top!