Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Pen spinning
Pen spinning
2005-01-20, 8:51 AM #1
Ever sit at your desk at work or school or whatever and twirl a pen in your fingers? I do all the time. Well I bet neither of us can do it like this:

http://www.sporksrule.com/magic/penspinfini.wmv

Great site, the url they show at the end. Lots of videos of crazy **** with cards like this.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-20, 9:10 AM #2
I am invincybal!
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-20, 10:40 AM #3
I can get a pen to travel up and down my fingers, but I've never gotten very good at it... Apparently some pens are weighted better for this than others.
2005-01-20, 10:44 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
I am invincybal!

<3 Boris
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-01-20, 1:19 PM #5
The second one reminded me of why I hate promo movies on the internet.

Stupid names for everything that are SUPPOSED to be cool.... but really just suck. Oh, and the announcerish dude always sounds the same...
2005-01-20, 1:30 PM #6
I can do: Sonic, Charge, and 360 thumb-around.

http://pentrix.com is your friend. :)
2005-01-20, 2:39 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Legend
http://pentrix.com is your friend. :)

I think that's the first thing I've ever seen on the internet that has genuinely shocked me in regard to the fact that it actually has a following.

I mean seriously, a community of pen-spinners?!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-20, 2:43 PM #8
Thats pretty spiffy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-01-20, 2:44 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by maevie
I think that's the first thing I've ever seen on the internet that has genuinely shocked me in regard to the fact that it actually has a following.

I mean seriously, a community of pen-spinners?!

I was just about to post the same thing.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-20, 3:10 PM #10
Years back, when I was still at school, there was once a substitute teacher for a while, who was just a crazy pen-spinner. Probably not quite as good as that guy in the video, but not much lesser. After he amazed the whole class with his m4d 5kills, I have tried to main some very rudimentary level of pen spinning skills, myself.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-20, 3:26 PM #11
[url]www.lightertricks.com[/url]
:)

I want to pen spin, but I don't really have the dexterity for it.

/me goes to the shop and buys gloves of +4 dexterity
2005-01-20, 4:33 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
The second one reminded me of why I hate promo movies on the internet.

Stupid names for everything that are SUPPOSED to be cool.... but really just suck. Oh, and the announcerish dude always sounds the same...

Hey! Cobra cut > You :p

Try it some time. It doesnt look too difficult but it's bloody hard!
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-20, 5:04 PM #13
I was refering to the fact that the name was corny.
2005-01-21, 5:13 AM #14
So what should they call it? 'Crazy cut with cards balanced on top of fingers and snap at end'? :p
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-21, 12:07 PM #15
I would call it a card trick and leave it at that.

One needs not to cool up the fact that the only talent they have in life is cardplay. Take it to Vegas, fools.

↑ Up to the top!