Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Errr...Hola or something...
Errr...Hola or something...
2005-01-20, 2:49 PM #1
I was talking to my friend on the phone and all of a sudden this other conversation starts to cut in and out. It sounds like a spanish soap opera or something. Eventually it takes over both our phones....These two spanish (I think) people just talking... and the weird thing is no spanish people live on either of our streets. My friends phone now doesn't work. I stayed on the line for a good 5 mins to see if it would go away..but it didn't. They couldn't hear us obviously. But I could hear the lady and who she was talking to. It was crystal clear, I decided to record it...but my recording below is a bit distorted because I have the mic right ontop of my phone.

WTF just happened?

It was like

Jeff: Okay I'll just get the *static* holamitiadecasabanomeoro *static* Uhh..
Me: WTF.
Jeff: What was tha-*static*porporpormitiadecasabanobigotehola*static* Me: err... Jeff what is going on?
Jeff: I have no idea...
Me: That was weird.

*a while later the static comes back and our phones get taken over...It's been about 20 mins and my friends phone still doesn't work...mine works fine*

http://sajn.phearwear.com/wtf.wav (Turn up your volume to hear it)
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-20, 2:50 PM #2
.......cockroaches.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-20, 2:56 PM #3
I've had something similar happen to me, only we could both hear the other people's conversation at the same time. It was kind of odd. actually, it made me worried, I mean, I really don't want the wrong person to accidentally tap into my conversations! :)
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-01-20, 3:02 PM #4
System overload? Your telephone company has decided to cut some costs?
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-20, 3:26 PM #5
Cordless phones can sometimes pick up calls from other lines. Or maybe someone is messing with you.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-20, 3:53 PM #6
Aliens. Definitely aliens.

I've had that happen a couple times too, it's freaky.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-20, 4:25 PM #7
I speak Spanish, but unfortunately I'm at school right now, so I can't listen to the recording. I'll listen to it later and see if I can pick anything up. :)
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-20, 4:29 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
Aliens. Definitely aliens.

I've had that happen a couple times too, it's freaky.

Yes. Because immigrants are out to get you.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-20, 4:30 PM #9
That ain't no Spanish, its French! :mad: Dang them, them and their stupid soap operas that now invade us!
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-01-20, 4:33 PM #10
Quote:
I speak Spanish, but unfortunately I'm at school right now, so I can't listen to the recording. I'll listen to it later and see if I can pick anything up.

I don't think you will, my mic doesn't like my phone so the recording is horrible. :(
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-20, 8:02 PM #11
Yeah, as Avenger said, if you have a cordless phone, try changing the channel it's on. Apparently someone is using the same channel as either you or your friend.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-20, 8:18 PM #12
Yes aliens. Illegal ones at that.
2005-01-20, 9:00 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Connection Problem
Yes aliens. Illegal ones at that.

Because anyone who speaks a language other than English is obviously an illegal alien and communist spy/terrorist.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-20, 9:05 PM #14
The system has you.
2005-01-20, 10:50 PM #15
I got a few words that I think were Spanish, but the rest was too distorted to really tell.
Life is beautiful.

↑ Up to the top!