Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Alien ripoff?
Alien ripoff?
2005-01-20, 6:02 PM #1
Is it just me, or does Alone in the Dark look like an Alien rip off? From what I've seen of the promo's, the monsters in that movie look a lot like aliens, the soldiers look like Alien marines, and the plot seems familiar. Thoughts?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-20, 6:07 PM #2
It looks like another generic "monster" flick.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-20, 6:14 PM #3
The commercial played in the background while in my friend's room today. I basically picked up something like this:
An ancient civilization warring with another civilization created some massive weapon that almost destroyed them all. They hid it in some ancient temple or in some other dimension never to be seen again. 2000 years later, archealogists discover seismic readings on top of a skyscraper which are caused by the other dimen...you know what **** it, I had a better bull**** theory but now I just have to study calculus.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-21, 2:26 AM #4
I've not heard of this movie - but it's probably another game->movie conversion. There was an Alone in the Dark series of games for the PC about 10 years ago.
2005-01-21, 2:55 AM #5
Without the Alone in the Dark games, there wouldn't be any Resident Evil or survival horror genre. They were more Lovecraftian occult horror type games than sci-fi CGI monster splatter.

Just another Uwe "House of the Dead" Boll film. Avoid.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-01-21, 8:59 AM #6
It may just be that I don't remember the games very well, but the movie seems nothing like it at all.
At first I thought they might have been mutually exclusive. No?
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-01-21, 11:35 AM #7
i thought it looked kinda cool.....i played the demo of AITD 4 a while ago since it came on a pcgamer demo disk...that game made me jump a few tims. :)
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free

↑ Up to the top!