Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Where do you get YOUR news?
Where do you get YOUR news?
2005-01-23, 8:52 AM #41
theonion.com
2005-01-23, 10:11 AM #42
CNN.com

of and emon, in 4 posts you'll have 13373 posts.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-01-25, 7:40 AM #43
I think it's pretty interesting how aljazeera.com has a poll on whether or not America will take military action against Iran.

However, the way the poll is worded clearly reflects what people think of...

"Will the Bush Administration take military action against Iran?"

note: not American, but Bush.

maybe arabs wont hate all Americans, just the ones who actually deserve it. I mean, seriously, normal every day Americans dont make the foreign policy that incites the world against us. We may "mandate" it as Bush likes to claim, but we dont actually formulate it or enforce it.

+1 respect for Al-Jazeera.net
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-25, 2:28 PM #44
-1 respect for Schming

:p
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-01-25, 2:56 PM #45
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
-1 respect for Schming

:p

:p back at ya
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-25, 3:03 PM #46
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
[url]www.massassi.net[/url]

Sadly enough...

Thirded. The Daily Show as well (though not nearly as much as I use to).

Otherwise, it's from friends and family. I'm one to avoid hearing about news in general. Perhaps I'm paranoid and feel news media run like in Tomorrow Never Dies >_> Or perhaps it's something less insipid than that...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-01-25, 6:35 PM #47
Economist, BBC, CNN. More the first two than CNN. I read al Jazeera, Fox and an Iraqi paper called al Sabaah (http://www.alsabaah.com/English.html), but not for the news so much as how they cover it.

It may seem strange to have a love affair with a newspaper, but I love the Economist. Brief, readable and witty articles on most everything - news, politics, economics and art from all across the world. The fact that it's unabashedly pro-free market and *not* inimically hostile towards anything and everything America does is merely a side bonus. ;) It's a great way to stay abreast of things.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2005-01-25, 6:45 PM #48
Mostly CNN, but also the New York Times... Ocassionally I read Fox to get a 'different perspective'. A couple times a month i'll check out BBC.

Oh yeah, and Spin... Beats the crap out of Rolling Stone.
former entrepreneur
2005-01-27, 8:10 AM #49
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
[url]www.massassi.net[/url]

...Sure 'nuff. :(
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus

↑ Up to the top!