Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Well, it's been about 10 days since the last one died
Well, it's been about 10 days since the last one died
2005-01-22, 10:59 PM #41
Made it myself. It only took about 26 hours to render. And what you're seeing, that's only about two-thirds of it. I rendered it at 1600x1200 for kicks, with most of the render settings maxed out and on. If anyone is interested in a copy, you're welcome to one.

[edit] Resizing + jpg compression blows. You'll have to trust me that it looks substantially cooler than what that screen shows.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-22, 11:08 PM #42
why do you people use quicklaunch bars but still have your desktop cluttered with icons? I'm really failing to see how you maintain any kind of sanity with that...

then again most of you arent really sane anyway...
"...Those living for death will die by their own hand, Life's no ordeal if you come to terms, Reject the system dictating the norms..."
2005-01-22, 11:13 PM #43
Quote:
Originally posted by JEDI-Salvation
why do you people use quicklaunch bars but still have your desktop cluttered with icons? I'm really failing to see how you maintain any kind of sanity with that...

I've often wondered that myself. Especially seeing as how half of the stuff in the quicklaunch has a twin shortcut on the desktop. Why?

I had to dump my quicklaunch and start using a tabbed dock because I have so much stuff in there. And yes, it's stuff I use 90% of the time I'm on the computer.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-01-22, 11:22 PM #44
hehe you still have a few icons on your desktop phoenix ;)
I'd post a screen of mine but...well...just imagine a black 1600x1200 box (usually has some kind of art or photo, but currently black due to some video testing), all my bars are hidden with everything I use, and Ive assigned key combinations to bring up some obscure (JA Base folder) as well as common folders.
"...Those living for death will die by their own hand, Life's no ordeal if you come to terms, Reject the system dictating the norms..."
2005-01-22, 11:23 PM #45
Quote:
Originally posted by maevie
Since Spork posted this link, it's been this -

[http://www.mikebonnell.com/pic2/Abs0401_02_0640.jpg]

that is kickass.

Unfortunately, they seem to have some sort of pay system in place so I can't leech it. :(
2005-01-22, 11:48 PM #46
/Boring... but I like it
Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because Oct31 == Dec25
2005-01-23, 12:12 PM #47
Quote:
hehe you still have a few icons on your desktop phoenix ;)

Yes, but they are essential ones. My Computer, Network Neighborhood, Trash, My Documents, and a folder where I dump things until I can sort through them.

Even if I was using XP and I had the option to remove all icons form the desktop, which, by the way, I think is bloody stupid, I wouldn't.
Last Stand
2005-01-24, 3:12 PM #48
This is my new kickass desktop. Still looking for a trillian skin to fit... or just might make my own.
What you see:

Desktop brought to you by deviantart.com
Windows theme, icons, and winamp skin brought to you by deviantart.com

And the red you see is a script for samurize that I didnt get working right yet.

oh and thats xchat with transparencies.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-01-24, 3:26 PM #49
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
that is kickass.

Unfortunately, they seem to have some sort of pay system in place so I can't leech it. :(

There's a free section, mine and Spork's are both from there. here is a direct link to the free 'surreal' images.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-24, 6:51 PM #50
Quote:
Originally posted by finity5
bam

Wow finity... where is that from?
[This message has been edited by Viper45 (edited December 27, 2000).]
2005-01-24, 7:08 PM #51
Quote:

Quicklaunch has "Minimize All," "Firefox," "WMP," and "WinAmp." All other shortcuts on my desktop go to random programs, random text files, Recycle Bin, or some folders I access on a regular basis.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!