Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Another Cricket Thread
Another Cricket Thread
2005-01-21, 11:23 PM #1
Well, I think I'm interested in trying to play this. So does anyone know of any sites or resources on how to play or what equipment is needed?
Also what are regulation sizes of the bat things, and what wood are they made of, if I'm gonna play I might make some in woodshop.
2005-01-21, 11:28 PM #2
I don't like crickets. They're noisy. [/stupid]

;)
>>untie shoes
2005-01-22, 12:21 AM #3
http://members.fortunecity.com/learncricket/index.htm

Everything you wanted to know about cricket.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-01-22, 3:53 AM #4
Depends how seriously you want to play. If you just want a knockabout with windballs or something, you won't need anything, bar a bat and probably some gloves. I don't think there's any regulation, just get one that's relatively cheap and not too big or small.

If you decide to play roperly (like sign up for practice or something and join a club) then it's really advisable to get some good equipment, namely cup, leg pads and a helmet. Slazenger are a pretty good brand.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-22, 6:48 AM #5
For the record, cricket bats are made of willow :)
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!