Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Looking for a StarCraft Brood wars map.
Looking for a StarCraft Brood wars map.
2005-01-22, 10:50 AM #1
I’m looking for a Starcraft: Brood Wars multiplayer map called Matrix Defense. It’s a Use Map Settings map for six players, three on top three on bottom, in a |-|-| pattern. Units come out of the top (or bottom) of each person’s box, and never stop until one from one side reaches the other side. 20 levels or so, and this map uses mainly units. (Though turrets and bunkers can be built too) Off to the left edge of the map is a bunch of upgrade places, for weapons/armor/abilities.
The most common defense was ~hundreds of marines.

Does anyone have this map? Thank you very much! I can’t find it ANYWHERE.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-22, 10:51 AM #2
Know it, played it at a lan party, but not on this PC. I'll see if I can get it from my friends.
2005-01-22, 11:47 AM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by happydud
I’m looking for a Starcraft: Brood Wars multiplayer map called Matrix Defense. It’s a Use Map Settings map for six players, three on top three on bottom, in a |-|-| pattern. Units come out of the top (or bottom) of each person’s box, and never stop until one from one side reaches the other side. 20 levels or so, and this map uses mainly units. (Though turrets and bunkers can be built too) Off to the left edge of the map is a bunch of upgrade places, for weapons/armor/abilities.
The most common defense was ~hundreds of marines.

Does anyone have this map? Thank you very much! I can’t find it ANYWHERE.

That is only the most bloody played map in all of starcraft. Join b.net, go to Use Map Settings, and ta da, 500 of them.
2005-01-22, 12:08 PM #4
The problem kuat, is we cant find that map, no one plays it anymore.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-01-22, 12:15 PM #5
Sunken D > Matrix D
2005-01-22, 1:38 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by fishstickz
The problem kuat, is we cant find that map, no one plays it anymore.

I'm on USwest and I saw a slew of em... unless they are hiding from you. Anyway, I can send one anyway, just how should I go about doing that?

You guys up for a game then =P
2005-01-22, 1:53 PM #7
Seriously, just hop on bnet for like, 5 seconds.

Anyways....why didn't you tell me you were getting an SC game together.

I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!

*cries*
D E A T H
2005-01-22, 2:20 PM #8
send all of your Matrix Defense maps to happydud at g mail dot com.

I've been looking for them on bnet and on websites, and I can't find the one I'm describing. Only crappy, pathetic knockoffs.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-24, 4:40 PM #9
well, happydud and fishstickz have officially gotten me completely addicted to UMS games. I'm currently alternating between browsing the forums and playing the 6-player turret defense map on my own.

since this thread is here, why don't we set up a massive massassi starcraft game?
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-24, 4:48 PM #10
d00d

8 player melee this weekend.

2 player teams (4 teams)

So awesome.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-01-25, 8:03 AM #11
DOTA > TD

:D
2005-01-25, 8:42 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by maevie
since this thread is here, why don't we set up a massive massassi starcraft game?

Count me in!

Speaking of defense maps, I gotta back to working on the one I started 2-3 years ago and worked on for only about a couple months.
No sig.
2005-01-25, 9:40 AM #13
BUAHAHAHA.

My plan to rule Massassi via StarCraft comes full circle...

...What?
D E A T H
2005-01-25, 10:06 AM #14
...Didn't I email it to you, dud?
I have a signature.
2005-01-25, 10:11 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by HCF_Duke
Count me in!

Speaking of defense maps, I gotta back to working on the one I started 2-3 years ago and worked on for only about a couple months.

get back to it!!

2005-01-25, 11:06 AM #16
Quote:
get back to it!!

Since you put it that way....

That map will be released when I get and beat Duke Nukem Forever.:p

Nah the real reason I can't work on it this moment is because I upgraded my computer that had SC on it and it's on a backup hard drive right now and I haven't had time to reinstall Brood War and continue on it.
No sig.
2005-01-25, 1:26 PM #17
Check post dates, Madquack. I posted this before I asked you.
(Thanks again!)
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-25, 2:30 PM #18
I Would love to play a massassi starcraft match, as long as we dont play those crappy fastest possible maps.

Blizzards Big Game Hunters is ok.

Also,

DOTA>all
2005-01-25, 3:23 PM #19
I would play, but starcraft isn't my thing anymore :S

If we played WC3 however.... I'd still get owned.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-26, 2:50 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
I Would love to play a massassi starcraft match, as long as we dont play those crappy fastest possible maps.

Blizzards Big Game Hunters is ok.

Also,

DOTA>all

Money maps do indeed suck, although I can't resist them every now and again just for the zergling insanity :D

2005-01-26, 4:14 AM #21
Quote:
Money maps do indeed suck, although I can't resist them every now and again just for the zergling insanity :D

Indeedily. LOST TEMPLE FO LIFE!

↑ Up to the top!