Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Predict the future
Predict the future
2005-01-22, 3:21 PM #1
It can be anything at any time in the future. Except maybe mundane obvious stuff like "tomorrow I will eat breakfast", or "this thread will suck".

I predict that by 2050, more countries will have birth control. I also predict that by 2146, people will live up to 200 years old.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-01-22, 3:22 PM #2
What's the most significant thing that I will do tomorrow?
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-22, 3:28 PM #3
I predict that one day you will die.
2005-01-22, 3:29 PM #4
Too risky. What if one of my friends digs this thread up 30 years from now and is like "omq you were wrong! Suxx0rs!"
>>untie shoes
2005-01-22, 3:29 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Trige
What's the most significant thing that I will do tomorrow?

I don't know. I'm not frigging Nostradamus.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
I predict that one day you will die.

I think this falls into the obvious category.
2005-01-22, 3:32 PM #6
Quote:
By late 2005 a Jedi Knight mod using Jedi Acadamy was in the works. Lucas Arts found it and stopped it in it’s tracks. Massassi kept losing opportunities to get back in the game.

Massassi was losing all of it’s dedicated members, it was dieing slowly. Noone wanted to pay for massassi anymore. It was just wasted space..until mid 2006 Massassi made the big decision to branch out to other games. All of the Jedi Knight files were removed, a new website design was put up and Massassi joined the rest of the world in Unreal 3 editing.

Unreal 3 was the biggest game anyone had ever seen. PC Gamer called it ‘The Best Game Ever Made’. It weighed in at a whopping 15 GB, and cost $60 at it’s release.

At first noone thought Massassi could come back. They were wrong. It was just like with Jedi Knight at first, levels and mods started pouring in just as soon as people could get the game installed. Things were looking up for massassi.

By 2007, massassi was already in 18th place for the most visited websites on the internet. Massassi was mentioned in just about every game magazine there was, and it even went as far as Tech TV and FOX news. Things were going smoothly and on top of that Unreal Tournament 2X8 was announced.

After many delays in 2008, UT2X8 was released, boosting massassi even more.

Massassi had well over 200,000 members, and what most people thought was just 15 seconds of fame ended up lasting a whole lot longer.

Soon Massassi got too big. It was nearly impossible to pay for the website even with all of the donations they were getting. Something had to be done… By late 2009 massassi got a plan to sell accounts to people. It worked. 170,000 people paid 10 dollars each to stay a member at massassi. That’s $1,700,000. By 2010, massassi had gained another 60,000 members, and was even MORE popular..if you even imagine that.

Soon Massassi was more popular then Google and Yahoo combined. It had it’s own e-mail service, search engine, it’s community was open to editing just about any game you could think of, and it even had a bi-monthly magazine. In 2011, George Lucas sued Massassi for it’s name. Due to the overwhelming amount of money and power massassi had, they won the fight. Noone expected such a thing to happen.

The year is now 2014, Massassi charges members 5 dollars per month, and they require a finger print test to log in now. How much larger can this beat possibly grow? Will it be the downfall of the internet, or the uprising of a new age online? No one knows for sure, but one thing is for sure, Massassi will never be forgotten.

What?
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-22, 3:43 PM #7
SAJN you forgot to mention that at least 1/4 of the accounts would be banned, though...
>>untie shoes
2005-01-22, 3:48 PM #8
Doom 3's engine will actually get taken advantage of in a year when the technology can keep up with it.
D E A T H
2005-01-22, 3:52 PM #9
I think all the HL2 and D3 fanboys will still be fighting in a few years when all of a sudden Unreal 3 falls from the sky and kills them all.
2005-01-22, 3:56 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Krokodile
...I think this falls into the obvious category.

Ok, how about this; You will die alone. :p
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-22, 3:57 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
I think all the HL2 and D3 fanboys will still be fighting in a few years when all of a sudden Unreal 3 falls from the sky and kills them all.

Actually, I doubt U3 will be awe-inspiring at the time. STALKER baby, STALKER.
D E A T H
2005-01-22, 3:58 PM #12
Quote:
Ok, how about this; You will die alone.

Ahahaha, GBK just put the PWNDown on you.
2005-01-22, 4:03 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Krokodile

I predict that by 2050, more countries will have birth control. I also predict that by 2146, people will live up to 200 years old.

We're going to be living to 1,000 (One thousand, yes) in about 20 years.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-22, 4:52 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by drizzt2k2
We're going to be living to 1,000 (One thousand, yes) in about 20 years.

That would require there to be someone right now who is 980 years old.

But I know what you mean. I also predict that human life expectency will be extended by an order of magnitude or so.

I also predict that, this year, there will be a computer that is more powerful than the human brain.

My final prediction is that by the end of this night, I will become so hungry that I brave the -30 temperatures and 60 km/h winds to find food.
Stuff
2005-01-22, 5:00 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Actually, I doubt U3 will be awe-inspiring at the time. STALKER baby, STALKER.

Uh U3 trumps STALKER. U3 isn't until 2006 at least.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-22, 5:02 PM #16
SAJN made me wet myself :(
Hazard a company one process.
2005-01-22, 5:06 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
Uh U3 trumps STALKER. U3 isn't until 2006 at least.

Why? So far all I've seen on it is some pretty models, and (of course) what everyone else in the industry has today--lighting. I'll give it the models aspect...but what else about the engine is so amazing?

And I could've sworn I'd heard it may come out late 2005.
D E A T H
2005-01-22, 5:09 PM #18
I predict I will live forever.

And if I'm wrong, you won't be able to go "Haha told you so!" because I'll be dead. Ha.

2005-01-22, 5:13 PM #19
I predict STALKER will be an excellent game...

But then again, I might have done some testing on it already...
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2005-01-22, 5:19 PM #20
December 20, 2012: Massassi is finally shut down, due to lack of interest.

December 21, 2012: A former Massassian, angry over the site's demise, detonates a nuclear device in protest, which rips a hole in the fabric of space, unleashing Hell's minions on the unsuspecting masses of Earth. In approximately three hours, two minutes, and forty five seconds, Lucifer's forces wipe out humanity, ushering in an era of evil.

God then retaliates by destroying existance.
2005-01-22, 5:26 PM #21
Tomorrow you'll get up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep!
That was my horoscope for today.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-22, 5:27 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by FullMetal
I predict STALKER will be an excellent game...

But then again, I might have done some testing on it already...

I HOPE YOU DIE IN A FILDSHGL:SHDGL:DGH:TH:EWT
S"DKGH:SDHGWE

HATRED BURNS WITHIN ME.
D E A T H
2005-01-22, 5:28 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by happydud

Wow! You're spot on.. apart from the doing stuff.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-01-22, 5:49 PM #24
Quote:

All your friends are laughing behing your back!
KILL THEM !
2005-01-22, 5:49 PM #25
Quote:

My horoscope said I was gonna take an unexpected trip... when I fall screaming through an open window.
2005-01-22, 6:10 PM #26
I say...

-before 2015, Easth will put a man (or woman) on Mars.

-before 2018, people will find a cure for AIDS.

-before 2025, most people will have hydrogen-powered cars.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-22, 6:13 PM #27
Then they can't fear procreating in cars on marsss.. weee :D
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-01-22, 7:01 PM #28
You will be aroused by a shampoo commercial.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-22, 7:04 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by JediHunter_X

God then retaliates by destroying existance.

REFORMAT!
2005-01-22, 7:25 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kuat
My horoscope said I was gonna take an unexpected trip... when I fall screaming through an open window.

Mine told me all my freinds were laughing at me behind my back.

In the future I predict they will all die mysteriously, or at least messily.

Also I predict that by the end of 2005 using the rolleyes smiley will become a bannable offense in massassi.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-01-22, 7:36 PM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by gbk

Again, still obvious.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-22, 8:56 PM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
I HOPE YOU DIE IN A FILDSHGL:SHDGL:DGH:TH:EWT
S"DKGH:SDHGWE

HATRED BURNS WITHIN ME.

I live for moments like these.

I get nervous every time I hear a clicking sound similar to the geiger counter now... and I keep looking for nuts and bolts to test for Anomalies. Don't want to get ripped to shreds, electrocuted, or burnt to a cinder.
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2005-01-22, 9:00 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by gbk

That's my life story right there :(
2005-01-22, 9:04 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by FullMetal
I live for moments like these.

I get nervous every time I hear a clicking sound similar to the geiger counter now... and I keep looking for nuts and bolts to test for Anomalies. Don't want to get ripped to shreds, electrocuted, or burnt to a cinder.

Why, god, why.

:(
D E A T H
2005-01-22, 9:09 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by JediHunter_X
All your friends are laughing behing your back!
KILL THEM !

Anytime I hear that line, I burst out laughing. I love it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-22, 9:20 PM #36
i predict that the government will ban vitamins and holistic herbal medicins because of the preasure from people who control modern medicine and such! also that someone on these forums wil die in 23 years 2 months and 18 days...
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2005-01-23, 6:43 AM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by gbk

:(

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
Again, still obvious.

:(:(
2005-01-23, 7:15 AM #38
Pot is made legal in Canada. The official flag is adapted, replacing the maple with the canabis, and changing the official colors from red and white to green and white. Quebec seperates. Giant saws are constructed for this event. The province is then sawed off and is sent drifting into the atlantic. Twenty years later, it collides with britain, producing a colossal tsunami that wipes out the north american east coast.

American president Arnold Schwarzenegger responds by ordering the construction of an army of humanoid cyborgs. The cyborgs are sent to destroy europe, but their OS crashes before they reach destination.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-23, 8:19 AM #39
I predict that this prediction is wrong.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-23, 8:22 AM #40
Massassi will die.

↑ Up to the top!