Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Some people are crazy
Some people are crazy
2005-01-22, 6:43 PM #1
Take this lady for example. Who WOULDN'T want a job like this. Actually, I wouldn't. Couldn't stand just sitting there all day with nothing to do.
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-22, 6:52 PM #2
I wouldn't want a job like that.

Look at it this way:

1) She's earning a pretty good amount
2) To get a new job earning a similar amount would either require serious job-searching or getting headhunted
3) Getting headhunted is unlikely and job-searching is grounds for dismissal in many cases
4) So either way, the only way she can keep earning the money safely is to continue doing nothing.
5) Is doing nothing productive how you'd like to live out your life? If so, please leave my species.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-22, 6:55 PM #3
how stupid can some people be? getting paid to do nothing....WHY WOULD YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT IT
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-01-22, 7:13 PM #4
...This tiny little thing some people have called a 'conscious'.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-22, 7:15 PM #5
holy **** that would be the coolest job....what i'd do is bring me in a portable dvd player, headphones...watch movies all day. yeah. XD or bring in a Nintendo DS...
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-01-22, 7:20 PM #6
I'd shoot toothpicks at the ceiling with a straw. Then terrorize co-workers.
2005-01-22, 7:39 PM #7
Dude! That job would be so perfect. I would play guitar all day, sleep, shoot arrows at random things in my office (or bolts, crossbows look fun too) play video games, randomly leave and go eat or skateboard, Build a skatepark/target range in my office! That would be so tight! Build a ramp, quarter pipe, some kind of curb, a slanted rail, and a straight rail. Does she have an office or a cubicle? I would try building a car in my office too. Heck yes! Build a trans-am inside my office. Or at least major peices of it so I can take it out and put it together all the way. OMG THIS LADY IS SO STUPID! GIVE ME YOUR JOB!
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-01-22, 7:57 PM #8
$100,000 salary
That's how much it's costing the citizens of NY every year to have this lady do crosswords. That's stupid, I agree with her.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-22, 8:01 PM #9
Personally I'd just take a second job, one that I could do from within the office :D
I can understand her sentiments though, she got that job because of what she wanted to do with her life.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-01-22, 8:06 PM #10
Be a pro skateboarder and studio musician from your office. HECK YES!
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-01-22, 9:38 PM #11
I agree with her as well, but I really wouldn't complain if I got a really easy gig like that.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-23, 3:25 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Spork
...This tiny little thing some people have called a 'conscious'.

..conscience..
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!