Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "San Andreas Yeti" sightings!
"San Andreas Yeti" sightings!
2005-01-22, 9:35 PM #1
Alright, so I've heard from a fair amount of people that it's fake, and one big hoax.

On the other hand, there's a fair amount of people who say it's real.

Yeah, so I've seen one picture of it (the edited one with the circle and it saying "YETI!" in red). But is there anymore proof? I would like to know. Post anything you know about the San Andreas Yeti, true or not.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-01-22, 10:23 PM #2
What are you talking about? Links? Pictures?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-22, 11:25 PM #3
this officially calls for it
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-23, 2:21 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkJedi82
this officially calls for it

just what i was thinking
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-23, 2:25 AM #5
Agreed
Pissed Off?
2005-01-23, 4:00 AM #6
He's talking about one of the rumours concerning GTA: San Andreas.

The only "true" yeti I've heard of in SA was supposedly in the background of a photograph hanging in someones house, but I haven't seen it and I can't remember which one. I think it was CJ's house in Grove Street.
2005-01-23, 4:01 AM #7
I haven't played GTA San andreas, but from what I gather from the topic post, is that it is rumoured that rockstar games actually put a yeti into the game - I'm guessing in some forest - that would be extremely rare to see. Personally I think it's a hilarious and fantastic idea from the game developers (if it's true).
2005-01-23, 4:23 AM #8
Somewhere, there's a video that shows a big dark figure walking up this hill, and then disappearing when CJ gets too close.

I don't know where it is, but you could probably find it via Google.
2005-01-23, 9:18 AM #9
Sweet! :D

If only we had something like that in JK (I gyess the snow wampa will have to do...) :(
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-01-23, 9:59 AM #10
I found this on http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=238677&st=75

Quote:
I found him! I found him! I found him!!!!! and not only once but every
time I go back to the area. Here's what you have to do. First make sure
you have a camera. Then head down to the area southeast of Mt. Chiliad
called Shady Creek. Once you get to Shady Creek look around for a cabin
with a quad next to it. After you find it search the area around the
cabin and the surrounding woodlands. Eventually you will hear a low
growl, which is an indicator that bigfoot is around. After you hear it
stop, stand still, and look around you and if you see something moving
and there will be bigfoot. BUT IF YOU LOOSE SITE OF HIM HE WILL BE GONE,
AND YOULL HAVE TO START ALL OVER. HAPPY BIGFOOT HUNTING!!!

Don't ask me if it's true. Most people on the site think the whole thing's bologne. :-\
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-01-23, 11:06 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
Sweet! :D

If only we had something like that in JK (I gyess the snow wampa will have to do...) :(

We had Max from Sam & Max Freelance Police
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-23, 11:36 AM #12
After that mission to Marco's Bistro did anyone else try and fly back to Liberty City like I did? I was seriously hoping that I could go back to Liberty :(
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-23, 11:36 AM #13
[http://fusionanomaly.net/yeti.jpg]
ÍT'S ALL REAL I TELL YOU!!
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2005-01-23, 11:45 AM #14
I haven't played San Andreas, but I believe the Yeti exists in it. :)
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-23, 11:47 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by drizzt2k2
After that mission to Marco's Bistro did anyone else try and fly back to Liberty City like I did? I was seriously hoping that I could go back to Liberty :(

There are a couple of ways to get back, although they all involve using a Gameshark or somesuch device.

http://www.maxbot.com/ <- Scroll down to the bottom to see how.
2005-01-23, 12:05 PM #16
Just found this, don't know if it's real or not.
2005-01-23, 12:42 PM #17
Quote:
This is just a rumor, even rockstar have said there is no bigfoot

so either there is no bigfoot in SA or it's teh conspiracy
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-23, 12:55 PM #18
That one is obviously photoshopped.

I did LOTS of research in the middle of the night last night, because I was bored. It seems to me that the following HAS been spotted:

Ghost cars that roll down hills in the middle of the woods, but don't have drivers. Some people claim they've been chased by some cars in the desert that have no drivers as well. Speculated to be true, but the rolling cars have been identified by rockstar as a clitch, parked cars next to houses on hills tend to roll down the hill, and some error checking in the game deletes them after a few seconds.

Ghost players that take a picture, then commit suicide by jumping off a building or into the water. The player model is always the same, but it's always in the same place. This has also been identified by rockstar as a glitch. Attacking these characters will cause them to take pictures of you. You can't kill them, and other players/vehicals don't even interact with the player, they just fly right through.

UFO's have been spotted on numerious occasions. Rockstar hasn't commented, but it's been identified with the 'slow' cheat, that they're actually planes moving very fast. Because they're far away, only their wingspan is all that visable, and they look like saucers. There are also hover-cars that are glitched and fly into the water.

Arguably, the Yeti doesn't exist within SA. The hex data has been decrypted, and it's been determined that the Yeti does not exist. However, each edition of SA is different; there are different locations to different Easter eggs. No one knows if these sorts of things are randomized via save-data, or if it's hardcoded differently in each game. If there IS seperate hardcoding, then the yeti COULD possibly exist in some instances/saved, or different copies of the game. Rockstar has come out and officially said there is NO yeti in the game, but this is easily dismissable as them trying to throw people off. These are all of the known pictures, only one of which looks even remotelly real. Some claim they've only heard sounds of growling and such. My best esimate that, if this is true, that it's remnants of code taken out of the game. Bears were rumored to be in SA before the game was made (Hunting also) and so, once this was decided to not be in the best interest of the game, they stripped it from the game. However, the growl noise remained.

Body bags can be found somewhere in the desert, sitting in a hole, with a truck parked near it. This has been confirmed on a number of different forums.

Some people claim CJ's mom can be seen on the sidewalk in front of the house, or sitting in the kitchen at certain times of the day on certain days, during certain months. This I find hardly likelly, and more than likelly just people trying to spred ideas. Rockstar denied this, but again, they could be trying to throw people off.

The most believable, and interesting concept is Pigsy (Or a leatherface ripoff), a character in manhunt, can be found in the woods, and will even chase you with a chainsaw. There IS a cabin that looks distinctly like the house in chainsaw masicre somewhere near the woods. It's in the middle of no where, and repeatedly shows signs of chainsaw abuse (This house is undeniable, and recorded in many different places. I've seen it for myself, actually). What people claim is that, if you hang out there in the middle of the night with or without the chainsaw equipped, that pigsy, or a leatherface varient, with laugh maniacly and come after you. Multiple different sources have claimed that people attempting to find him have went out of the room, and ran back in after hearing laughter and chainsaw noises, only to find themselves sitting at the hospital. Rockstar hasn't made ANY comments about this, and many people have claimed seeing him too. This could be likelly, as Pigsy is a rockstar owned character.

As you can see, there are MANY rumors about the game, and little to no facts. The only thing we do know, is that it's making people play the game, and that's EXACTLY what rockstar wants.

I'd be willing to argue that most of these things are to do with the for-**** engine Rockstar has thrown together. We've seen glitches in this game that should have been fixed in transition between VC and SA, and I'm assuming that because of the complexity increase of the game, that more bugs have risen to complicate the previous bugs. These ghosts and fears are only arising from the fact that Rockstar doesn't think games need bug fixes *rollseyes*

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-23, 12:56 PM #19
IT IS TEH LIEK REEL LIEF
Hazard a company one process.
2005-01-23, 1:28 PM #20
Max is actually in JK? Where? Where's the Wampa?!!!?
2005-01-23, 3:19 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by saberopus
Max is actually in JK? Where? Where's the Wampa?!!!?

You can find max in a house in Baron's hed, where you cross the bridge. A woman comes out of a house. You wait for her to come back 9don't attack her!) and she will go back inside where she came from. follow her inside before the door shuts, or else you can't get in. max is inside. He has a bryar pistol, and is able to follow you and will fight enemies along side you. don't shoot him or he will gun your a** down with his bryar.

Another instance of Max is on the fuel station map where you jump onto the cargo ship at the end. Turn on fly mode and look at one side of the moving retractable walkway thing connecting the ship and the gantry for a surprise.
2005-01-23, 4:57 PM #22
Interesting...paranormal activities in San Andreas.
2005-01-23, 5:02 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS

Another instance of Max is on the fuel station map where you jump onto the cargo ship at the end. Turn on fly mode and look at one side of the moving retractable walkway thing connecting the ship and the gantry for a surprise.

Or just turn around when you jump across...

It wouldnt surprise me if rockstar did put a yeti in SA, they've added easter eggs to most of the GTA games like Apartment 3c from scarface in Vice City... hehe.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-01-23, 5:16 PM #24
There is no yeti, I've been playing the game for a while now and treked across nearly the entire map on foot or on a sanchez and there is no animals at all except for the birds flying above.

the "ghost" car is due to the games draw distances, some cars are placed int he desert so that if a player is out there he can find it and drive it back to civilization, most are beaten up and look abandoned, the ghost car is because the car is placed on the hill and when it is spawned it's spawned slightl;y above the ground, the ingame physics kick in and the car rolls down the hill.

UFo's are just planes....

only unexplaned thing that happened to me in SA was i was walking around Las Venturas and a plane literaly fell from the sky and crashed in front of me... weird as hell.
The Gas Station
2005-01-23, 5:20 PM #25
Yeah, a plane fell on top of my car during a date and killed us both. PITA to start again, I hadn't saved in a while.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-23, 5:39 PM #26
...i play SA to kill people.
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2005-01-23, 5:40 PM #27
Planes hit buildings a LOT in that game. I had one screw up a vigilante mission in downtown San Fiero once, and one screw up that mountain bike race down that mountain when a cesnar crashed into the side of it.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-23, 6:14 PM #28
Does anyone know if this game is going to be ported to PC (or has been)?
2005-01-23, 6:15 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuckles
Does anyone know if this game is going to be ported to PC (or has been)?

Comin out in June for PC
2005-01-23, 6:34 PM #30
Whoa it is?! Nice, now I don't have to pay $200 for a PS2 and SA! :D
DO NOT WANT.
2005-01-23, 8:06 PM #31
No one credited me, or even read my post, did they!? I DID HARD LABOR FOR THOSE PARAGRAPHS.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-23, 8:10 PM #32
I read it, and now I want to find Leatherface, but I don't own the game or system, so I didn't see a point in posting.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-01-24, 1:13 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
No one credited me, or even read my post, did they!? I DID HARD LABOR FOR THOSE PARAGRAPHS.

JediKirby

I was gonna give you props earlier. Very informative! hah :p
2005-01-24, 4:09 PM #34
Could the bigfoot be an animated sprite photoraped from the peterson video?

-That would make any screen shots of it look weird.
2005-01-24, 4:10 PM #35
Quote:

JediKirby

Your work sucks!!

/me continues enjoying Kirby's work, ashamed
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-25, 11:26 AM #36
most pictures of the yeti's are clearly photoshoped... take the one above for example... looks convincing? look at the radar?

the radar says he's on a road by the thick baclk stripe, but he's on a mountain site or a hill. and the radar is not showing a trail either, trails show up as light brown lines, not thick black lines.

other yeti pictures are similar, one such pic has a yeti coming out over the road, but the radar clearly shows that can't happen as the yeti would be walking out of the ocean... yeti's don't exist in SA, maybe in the PC versiopn someone will make a yeti and or animal mod, but the only animals that appear in SA are the birds that fly above.
The Gas Station
2005-01-25, 7:39 PM #37
And the sharks, dolfins, and jelly fish.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-26, 7:02 AM #38
The one secret i've come across is the boeing 767 = bf400 in the huge hangar at las venturas airport
nope.
2005-01-26, 9:11 AM #39
Quote:
And the sharks, dolfins, and jelly fish.

And turtles. I haven't seen a shark before though =/
2005-01-26, 10:17 AM #40
I can confirm the rolling ghost cars are real. Go to the two horse shoe shaped rocks in Back O' Beyond and you'll see them. Drive them away and then look at where they were and soon enough they'll spawn at the top of the hill and roll down. Spooky!
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)

↑ Up to the top!