Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need advice now (PG-13)
I need advice now (PG-13)
2005-01-22, 10:07 PM #1
I'm aliasing for anonymity. I'm aware the admins could figure out who I am, but please don't as it would make me uncomfortable....
The only reason I'm even making this thread is because I currently have noone to talk to.

First, background information. Please read my whole story, and I need advice. I don't need a lecture about drugs, or morals...if you have things like that to say please just keep it to yourself....

Ok, my girlfriend and I are ex cokeheads. We did alot of cocaine...but we quit and have been clean for months.

So it's days away from our 5th month anniversary. I called her last night @ 11 when she got off work to ask her to go to dinner on sunday with me. She said "Hey I dunno I'm really tired and have to go right home cuz my dad said so. I'll call you in the morning" I said fine, talk to you tomorrow.

Here's what happened, as far as I know so far:
She actually had planned on spending a nice quiet night doing a half gram with this dude. For those of you who don't know, a half gram is the smallest amount you can normally buy but she hadn't done it in hella long so that's all.

She's on the rag, so I don't know exactly what her intentions where yet (need to talk more). Story goes is guy comes back with the drugs, they smoke some pot, do some coke, and then she said things started getting fuzzy then. She wakes up later not even realizing she'd passed out. She notices some guy under the bed. This dude who she was with assumed she was too ****ed up to notice started fake punching him. When she noticed that, she drove home from sea-tac to Bothell (30-40 minute drive).

Gets to her friends, realizes she's missed a couple hours, and then goes to the hospital. They do a rape kit and drug test and find the coke, pot, and rohypnol (ghb). That GHB is a common date-rape drug. Her dad was there, and now there's all that roughness that goes with having your dad find out you do this kind of stuff.

What I'm stuck on is that I want to be there for her, in any way I can. I love her to ****ing death....but she went out behind my back (possibly to cehat on me, but even just spending a quiet evening with some ****ing guy is not cooll......). She may have been raped (won't know until tomorrow) because there was rape drugs, a shady guy with a gun, and some random dude she didn't even know.

What am i supposed to do in this case? I need help and advice because I don't have anyone else to talk to about this
2005-01-22, 10:29 PM #2
1. Talk to a school councilor or see a therapist... someone not on the internet who is qualified to give you advice and help you deal with issues like this one. They will be able to help you a lot better than anyone on this forum, myself included, would or will be able to. Even a one period visit with your school counselor can help you out probably more than you realize.

2. Get your girlfriend into rehab and rape-counseling. It may be the hardest thing you'll ever have to do, and she might hate you for it, but if she successfully completes rehab she thank you for it. You might even benefit from it yourself even if you've been clean for months... if you both get through it together, it will only strengthen the bond you share.

3. Its very honorable of you to be willing to stick with your girlfriend through this. But realize that if she doesnt clean up her act, she's probably not worth the effort. There's probably a good chance that this isnt the first time something like this has happened since she "went clean." I honestly cant tell you if you should confront her or not on the issue, thats something for you to decide with the help of a councilor or some close friends. Don't go behind her back on the issue in any way though, that will just make things worse.

To everyone else: If you decide to post on this thread, don't be an idiot. You're being watched.
2005-01-22, 10:31 PM #3
Wolfy and I were going to post on this, but I think..well atleast for my part, DSettahr hit the nail on the head. Take his advice, he knows what he's talking about.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-22, 10:33 PM #4
Follow the wise words of DSettahr.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-22, 10:35 PM #5
I've tried to build on DSettahr's post, but...there's nothing I can add except for don't let anger affect what you say or do.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-22, 10:36 PM #6
I'm out of highschool (I'm 19, she's 18) so a school counselour isn't an option...
2005-01-22, 10:39 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by PlzHelpMeNow
I'm out of highschool (I'm 19, she's 18) so a school counselour isn't an option...

Do you attend college? There should be counselors available in your school's health center.

If not, there are free telephone counciling services. Do a web search, or check your phone book. Just make sure that an online forum is not the only place you are asking for help/advice.
2005-01-22, 10:40 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
Do you attend college? There should be counselors available in your school's health center.

If not, there are free telephone counciling services. Do a web search, or check your phone book. Just make sure that an online forum is not the only place you are asking for help/advice.

It's not, but I was kind of just trying to get a wide array of opinions before I talk to her tomorrow. I know I'm biased, and I know most of you are capable of not being so.
2005-01-22, 10:41 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by PlzHelpMeNow

Are you able to seek a counselor with little or no cost? Those in your situation would probably be more than willing to help w/o charge.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-22, 10:42 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by JediGandalf
Are you able to seek a counselor with little or no cost? Those in your situation would probably be more than willing to help w/o charge.

No, and I'm not insured right now so it would cost me alot...
2005-01-22, 10:57 PM #11
1-800-656-HOPE

They're really good to talk to, especially in situations such as yours. Hope everything goes well...
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-22, 10:59 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by quesadilla_red
1-800-656-HOPE

They're really good to talk to, especially in situations such as yours. Hope everything goes well...

Thanks, I'm going to call them right now...
2005-01-22, 11:18 PM #13
You might also try a county health clinic, as they may have advisors that can help as well. The one around here does, I believe, so theres another place you could look.
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-23, 2:24 AM #14
I don't have anything to add, but just want to reiterate what DSettahr said about seeking professional help for her and for yourself.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-23, 4:19 PM #15
Are you in college? I'm fairly sure that my college offers counseling.

You might also want to consider talking to a pastor or a priest; they may be able to recommend someone who offers free counseling.
woot!
2005-01-23, 5:25 PM #16
I really have no advice to add, but I just wanted to wish you luck i how it turns out. I'm pulling for you and the girl.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-01-23, 7:57 PM #17
Good luck. Follow the advice given.
2005-01-23, 8:08 PM #18
Just be by her side and pray for her man :(
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod

↑ Up to the top!