Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Idea
Idea
2005-01-23, 9:26 AM #1
With all the recent "cracking down" around here, I have an idea for the forums. Instead of putting people on really short tempbans, we should create a forum that exists only for people to be banished to. Like if you do something that the mods want to discipline you for, but it's not quite a bannable offense (like a lot of what has been going on lately) put them in the forum and lock them out of all the other forums for a few days, instead of banning them.

Eh? I've seen this work pretty well on other forums. You could even give it a funny name and make a script so the forum is like annoying to surf (annoying music, flashing background, etc) It could work!:D
2005-01-23, 9:28 AM #2
I assume this forum would be filled up with bandwith-wasting spam? :confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-23, 9:29 AM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
I assume this forum would be filled up with bandwith-wasting spam? :confused:

Bingo. But it would be fun, and interesting, and a good solution to nazi administration. I doubt it'll ever fly obviously, but it's just a suggestion. :)
2005-01-23, 9:31 AM #4
Well, if it was such a bad place to go into, why would anyone want to post in it?
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-23, 9:31 AM #5
But, if the forum is so annoying, why bother to post there when banned? It would be meaningless.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-23, 9:39 AM #6
You're not allowed to come to massassi, but we hope instead of going to a different forum, you will come to our annoying forum as punishment, kthx.

This is about as smart as making a prison without walls.
2005-01-23, 9:44 AM #7
That totally circumvents the point of a ban, being that you don't get to post at all. There should not be a consolation prize for breaking the rules.
2005-01-23, 9:49 AM #8
Or you could just make a thread for the person who was banned and let everyone post their thoughts of the person.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-23, 9:52 AM #9
It would be cool if we could hellban like on SA.
2005-01-23, 9:54 AM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
There should not be a consolation prize for breaking the rules.

:D
2005-01-23, 9:55 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Warlord
It would be cool if we could hellban like on SA.

Well the idea I'm talking about is like the one at [url]www.genmay.com[/url] (language warning)

They have a subforum called "the Kiddie Corral" where they banish miscreants that haven't done anything really horrible, but they're just annoying or do something unneccessary.
2005-01-23, 10:04 AM #12
Your idea sounds like it would increase nazi adminning to be able to punish someone for something as minimal as being annoying.

Heck, If we sent every annoying person on massassi to another forum, massassi would become obsolete.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2005-01-23, 10:07 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Sok Munkey
Your idea sounds like it would increase nazi adminning to be able to punish someone for something as minimal as being annoying.

Heck, If we sent every annoying person on massassi to another forum, massassi would become obsolete.

But that's not the point. It's a punishment. It would be annoying to post in, and people would only be sent there for a few days at a time. Instead of banning people for two days, we would send them to the forum for a few days. I don't see how it would increase nazi adminning.
2005-01-23, 10:17 AM #14
How would you "send" someone there? The person would just NOT post in that forum until the ban is over...
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-23, 10:18 AM #15
As it is, the admins can't ban you unless you break the rules. A minimal punishment for a minimal crime (i.e. annoyance) might-- and I am not pointing fingers at anyone-- but it might cause an occational admin to take the law into their own hands or let a bias/grudge affect their decisions. A more serious punishment like a ban is taken more seriously than sending the people to another forum. Besides, alot of the people here are signed in to 2+ forums, they'll just wait out their ban on a semi-decent one rather than an annoying one that plays michael jackson soundtracks in MIDI files.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2005-01-23, 10:33 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol
How would you "send" someone there? The person would just NOT post in that forum until the ban is over...

You could create a user group that has access only to that forum, and when someone's banned, put them in that user group.
2005-01-23, 10:39 AM #17
I know that, but just because you make a special forum for banned users, doesn't mean they are going to visit it.
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-23, 10:40 AM #18
What Sol said :o
2005-01-23, 10:59 AM #19
If such a hell forum is constructed, I recomend Jim7 for forum mod.
2005-01-23, 1:44 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Trige
Or you could just make a thread for the person who was banned and let everyone post their thoughts of the person.

Apparently you haven't seen the sticky at the top of the discussion forum ;)
2005-01-23, 2:00 PM #21
I think a thread actually ABOUT what the people think would be better. Like "ohh... they were soooo annoying, I'm glad they're banned for that"

;)
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-23, 2:04 PM #22
The point is to make them not know that it's happened, and when they click on a forum it redirects them with a stickey message: "You've been banned! :) "
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-23, 2:07 PM #23
I've seen that sticky thread at the top, but regular members can't post in it.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?

↑ Up to the top!