Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rejected! (Superbowl ads)
Rejected! (Superbowl ads)
2005-01-24, 1:02 PM #1
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=ads/050107

rofl at the Ashley Simpson one...
2005-01-24, 1:14 PM #2
there is no way those are real.
Funny though :p
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-01-24, 1:19 PM #3
Do the words "wardrobe malfunction" even need to be mentioned?
Stuff
2005-01-24, 1:24 PM #4
whats with all the adds about showing someones arse? the first few are nothing but peoples behinds!

some are kinda funny... the last two... a cough suryup promoting alcohol to minors and the last one promoting guns int he home...

wth?
The Gas Station
2005-01-24, 1:34 PM #5
i want to see the chaser ad really badly lol
All your bacon are belong to me

< robT> Name ONE thing that your windows comp can do that my MAC cant
< bawss> Right click.

http://www.bash.org/?462310
2005-01-24, 1:51 PM #6
You all realze that they're all a joke except the Mickey Rooney one, right?
Pissed Off?
2005-01-24, 2:36 PM #7
Quote:
Product: Boston Red Sox Season Tickets
Celebrity: George Steinbrenner
Commercial: Steinbrenner is depicted as Darth Vader representing the Evil Empire of Yankee-dom. Network execs refuse to run the ad out of fear that Vader would sue for defamation of character

YES!

Too bad that wasn't shown.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-24, 5:13 PM #8
Alot of those sounds like great commercial. One thing for certain, I hope they show a new Batman Begins trailer or something.
2005-01-24, 5:55 PM #9
Quote:
Product: The Philip Rivers Experience
Celebrity: Philip Rivers
Commercial: Playing off the hugely-popular "Michael Vick Experience" campaign, a customer is strapped into a harness and paces the sidelines while watching Drew Brees lead San Diego to the playoffs.

<3
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2005-01-24, 9:30 PM #10
Considering commercials these days, those really seemed like they were really made.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-24, 9:54 PM #11
Quote:
Product: Adidas
Celebrity: Tracy McGrady
Commercial: Miniature bright white soldiers, tanks and helicopters attempt to slow McGrady's trip down the court. (Was rejected because network execs were afraid the ad would incite racial tensions for its portrayal of the white man trying to keep a brother down.)

I've seen this before. It's a good commercial, and I never saw anything racist about it.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-01-24, 10:54 PM #12
The Phillip Rivers Experience is hilarious.

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't caught on:

[http://www.theregister.co.uk/media/352.gif]
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.

↑ Up to the top!