Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Site Update: News Submission Form
Site Update: News Submission Form
2005-01-24, 3:27 PM #1
Quote:
I've added a News Submission Form to the site... this allows any Massassi.net community member to easily submit a news item directly, without having to use email. The news item is inserted directly into the database, and then all a staff member has to do is look it over, edit it if neccessary, and decide to accept it, in which case it will be posted on the main page or reject it and delete it from the database. Given the slowdown in news posts over the past few weeks, I hope this will prove to be a valuable addition to the website. You can find the form here.

This script has been tested already by myself with help from a few other people, but there might still be bugs. If you encounter any errors, or have any suggestions, drop me an email and let me know.

For those of you that dont read the main page. I'm hoping this will greatly increase the number of news posts on the main page and generate more interest in the rest of the site again.
2005-01-24, 3:29 PM #2
You mean there's more than the forums?

(okay, what the hell. as i was typing that I got a popup for the Zone.)
Hazard a company one process.
2005-01-24, 3:29 PM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
For those of you that dont read the main page.

Anyone else find that line highly ironic? ;)

Anyways, nice job DS. Should be a great addition!
2005-01-24, 4:41 PM #4
Nice.
2005-01-25, 9:06 AM #5
Got a couple news items submitted today. :) Posted one, rejected the other because it was advertising a Jedi Knight game, but the submitter didnt provide any info about the game.
2005-01-25, 9:40 PM #6
now all we need is something like this for file submissions
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-26, 5:22 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkJedi82
now all we need is something like this for file submissions

Heh. Something of that sort.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-27, 10:58 AM #8
Excellent! We've really needed this for LONG time.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-01-27, 8:26 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
Heh. Something of that sort.

It was written, but security problems prevented it from being implemented :( it was really nice, too.

Bah I'm curious .. I want to see the back-end of this news thing. New toy. Puwaha.
一个大西瓜
2005-01-27, 11:40 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Pommy
It was written, but security problems prevented it from being implemented :( it was really nice, too.

Bah I'm curious .. I want to see the back-end of this news thing. New toy. Puwaha.

Me too.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-28, 4:07 AM #11
It really doesn't look that fancy (not that the rest of the backend looks fancy either). I'll try and get you all a screenshot the next time an item rolls in.

↑ Up to the top!