Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help the Wang!
Help the Wang!
2005-01-24, 3:39 PM #1
As many of you know I run a little site on the web that's been around forever, The OSC Empire

Recently, I've decided to upgrade the site with quite a bit more space and a TON more bandwidth... But it all seems to be in vain. We need a new focus, and I'm asking for anybody who can take the time to click three times (once to get to the site, once to select your option and another to click Vote) to help me decide the future of the site.

We're going to finally bite the bullet and focus on an upcoming game exclusively. But I'm not sure what to do, and I want it to be of interest to anybody who might wish to visit.

Right now there are only a few options on the poll. That's because I've grown a bit detatched from the gaming world, and don't really know what's going to be good coming soon. So if you think there's a game (PC only, either with a big following or highly editable) that would suit the site then please let me know.

The new focus will result in a new design for the site, as well as numerous other changes...

We'll continue with our reviews.. and still keep our forum (though that will probably change a bit too)... So that's it... Help me out. I want to make the site grow by going in a new direction. :)

edit: I almost forgot. We WILL still have our contests. No matter what the focus is, we'll have contests.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-01-24, 3:45 PM #2
voted :)
2005-01-24, 3:46 PM #3
Aaron already knows my vote is for GuildWars.

I figured since Jedi Knight, not many Star Wars games have kept a huge popularity. Republic Commando will be on consoles also, so that turned me off.

STALKER will be awesome I know that much. I just don't see it lasting uber long. I mean editing wise.

Elder Scrolls looks sweet and I KNOW it will be around ages, but it's not out for a while, and when it comes out, I'm not sure we will come out ontop. There are a bunch of Morrowind sites, and looking around there never was really a huge BOOM of activity there. I mean it was good but not amazing.

The reason I chose GuildWars was that the hype is insane. The few betas has had people hooked. The preorders on this baby are amazing. While it doesn't have editing value it has the play value, and it seems like people will be playing this for MUCH MUCH longer then any of the games mentioned above. Also GuildWars can run on older computers, I can't picture Elder Scrolls or STALKER running on GeForce 2 Ti's

But please...vote on your own >.> <.<

(Also like Aaron said if you have any ideas please do tell!)
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-24, 3:57 PM #4
Voted for guildwars
I just remembered I was doing reviews for this, and I feel awful that I haven't. I'll try and write one up for Wik and Gish.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-24, 4:02 PM #5
i came, i voted, and then i just kinda idled around a bit
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-01-24, 4:08 PM #6
More interest? I see LF idling in the forums. :p
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-01-24, 4:10 PM #7
voted
Pissed Off?
2005-01-24, 4:55 PM #8
Voted for Republic Commando, then read a couple of reveiws.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-01-24, 4:57 PM #9
Guild Wars, Guild Wars, ohh, and maybe GUILD WARS!

GuildWars (33.33%)

Republic Commando (33.33%)

Elder Scrolls IV (14.81%)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (18.52%)

Ohhh, it's close!
2005-01-24, 4:57 PM #10
Voted RC
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-24, 5:08 PM #11
I'm not sure about RC. If it's what people want then great, but I hope the game has longevity if it wins
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-01-24, 5:11 PM #12
Aaron, you asked a Star Wars site what game they want a site based off of! DUH!

I'm all for letting the people vote, but I just can't see RC lasting that long. It's going to be on console and PC. So I can't see any major editing or news going around. That's just me. But if it wins...it wins. I don't really mind.
2005-01-24, 5:40 PM #13
STALKER because of longevity.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-24, 5:43 PM #14
I WILL FIX THE SCRIPT(S)!

someday
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-24, 5:44 PM #15
To late!
2005-01-24, 5:52 PM #16
Crap...
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-24, 6:39 PM #17
so far guild wars is winning. huzzah.
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-01-24, 6:55 PM #18
I'm torn between Elder Scrolls and STALKER. I'll probably go with Elder Scrolls, since we haven't seen a REAL GOOD middle ages game... ever.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-24, 7:47 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Aaron, you asked a Star Wars site what game they want a site based off of! DUH!

I'm all for letting the people vote, but I just can't see RC lasting that long. It's going to be on console and PC. So I can't see any major editing or news going around. That's just me. But if it wins...it wins. I don't really mind.

it's on the unreal engine so editing could potentially gain some kind of following... the editor is nice and it's star wars so it's not like it's going to go completely unnoticed
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-24, 8:07 PM #20
Well... I'd hope if it ends up winning that there would be an eager community willing to follow it

My heart sits with Guild Wars because it's bound to have LOTS of players... what with it being a no fee MMORPG
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-01-24, 8:11 PM #21
Wait, wait, wait.... no fee MMO!? I must have missed something...

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-24, 9:00 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Yecti
Well... I'd hope if it ends up winning that there would be an eager community willing to follow it

My heart sits with Guild Wars because it's bound to have LOTS of players... what with it being a no fee MMORPG

I visited their site a few days ago after having not kept up with it at all for the last few months and I saw a preorder thing on their website...
2005-01-25, 1:05 AM #23
Yeah... it's an MMORPG with no monthly fee

it's made by the people who developed BattleNet for Blizzard...

ArenaNet.
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-01-25, 4:43 AM #24
STALKER!

Seriously, the only other game that's going to be editable (that we know of) is ES4, and we don't know when that's coming out.
D E A T H
2005-01-25, 4:59 AM #25
RC duhhh
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-25, 4:59 AM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
STALKER!

Seriously, the only other game that's going to be editable (that we know of) is ES4, and we don't know when that's coming out.

According to DSettahr, a level editor will be shipped with RC.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-25, 9:41 AM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by FastGamerr
According to DSettahr, a level editor will be shipped with RC.

There may be hope for it yet, then
D E A T H
2005-01-25, 2:21 PM #28
I voted :) All in all, what's needed is something to attract people n make em stick .. like flytraps laced with illegal materials .. muahahahaha
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!