Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I just beat Half Life2...and now I need more games..
So I just beat Half Life2...and now I need more games..
2005-01-24, 8:48 PM #1
Yeah I got my huge paycheck this week and I just beat Half Life 2... Any games you guys recommend?

Note: I'm primarily into FPS'es. Those are the games I love playing most.
2005-01-24, 8:50 PM #2
What do you have/have you already played?
Pissed Off?
2005-01-24, 8:54 PM #3
Painkiller is good, you should check it out.
Stuff
2005-01-24, 8:56 PM #4
save it for republic commando
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-01-24, 9:00 PM #5
Well, this computer I am on now is brand new. Only a week old. My older computer could only handle games up to Half Life 1. I managed to get it up to Jedi Outcast, but that was the most erecent game I've played up until I got this new computer, which would make my only newest game Half Life 2. Pretty much all else, I've not even tried.

I'll be getting republic commando - Def will have enough money for that

Painkiller - Might get, heard good things.
2005-01-24, 9:03 PM #6
Serious Sam 1 & 2
Deus Ex
No One Lives Forever 1 & 2
Ureal Tournament 2k4
Battlefield 1942 & Vietnam
Pissed Off?
2005-01-24, 9:47 PM #7
Call of Duty + United Offensive
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-24, 9:51 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Schming
Call of Duty + United Offensive

Definately CoD. I'm not sure I'd recomend UO though... its not nearly as good as CoD.
2005-01-24, 10:06 PM #9
i thought UO kicked CoD's ***...

anyway here are a few $10 and under suggestions

Silent Hill 2 (may have to check ebay)
Silent Hill 3
Mafia
no excuse not to have max payne if you don't already
TrackMania
Return of the King (if you have a gamepad)
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-24, 10:08 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Serious Sam 1 & 2
Deus Ex
Ureal Tournament 2k4
Battlefield 1942 & Vietnam

And wait for Republic Commando.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-24, 10:42 PM #11
The Chronicles of Riddick : Escape from Butcher Bay

short, but sweet. it's a good mixture of elements from FPS, RPGs, fighters, and stealth games.
2005-01-25, 10:09 AM #12
Save the cash for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-25, 10:47 AM #13
Here's a couple of good ones that haven't yet been mentioned, but I really enjoyed.

Unreal 2
Tron 2.0

and i agree that you should get these
Quote:
Serious Sam 1 & 2
Deus Ex
Ureal Tournament 2k4
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2005-01-25, 10:51 AM #14
Why don't you play online?
2005-01-25, 10:53 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by - Tony -

Just to annoy Yoshi, this has been QFE by someone who might have tested the game.

Thief: Deadly Shadows (If you've played 1 and 2, of course)
NOLF1 and 2 - Another vote for those two
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2005-01-25, 10:59 AM #16
Can I put in millions of votes for Deus Ex?

I've lost my copy :( and I miss it so
2005-01-25, 11:34 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by - Tony -

Yes.

FullMetal--I hate you. :mad:
D E A T H
2005-01-25, 12:06 PM #18
Try drinking games. They are fun in "multiplayer."
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-25, 12:21 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Yes.

FullMetal--I hate you. :mad:

:(
MCMF forever.
2005-01-25, 12:23 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
Try drinking games. They are fun in "multiplayer."

Especially with Micro Machines. A combination of both joys,
2005-01-25, 12:58 PM #21
Here's an even better one:

Drinking game + Counter-Strike:Source = Hillarious

You take a shot every time you get killed. Needless to say, n00bs pass out real quick.
2005-01-25, 1:33 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Martyn
Can I put in millions of votes for Deus Ex?

"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-25, 1:34 PM #23
All I do now is play CS Source.. Fun as hell, but I cant sit tehre all night and play it constantly.

Quote:
Why don't you play online?

I am waiting for the Matrix Online to come out. MMORPGS are too expensive to buy 2 or 3 to play with.

As for Deus Ex and NOLF 1 and 2, already played em. I was thinking about geting Deus Ex Invisible War...Is that any good, and is it long?

I prefer long games to short ones. I hate just getting into a game and then the ending shows. Pisses me right off.
2005-01-25, 1:57 PM #24
I like CS : S personaly.... it's not bad.
2005-01-25, 2:21 PM #25
If you dont have it, Starcraft.

Trust me, one of the best games ever.

However, I have to recommend painkiller, just for its awesome gameplay.
You already said Matrix:Online...
But can I interest you in World Of Warcraft?
Please?
2005-01-25, 4:16 PM #26
Might actually get that maybe, heard nothin but goodthings about it.
2005-01-25, 5:16 PM #27
I agree with Schming and DrkJedi82, if you're going to get CoD, get UO because UO definately beats CoD hands down.
2005-01-25, 5:34 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by FullMetal
:(

<3

DO NOT GET INVISIBLE WAR.

Track down System Shock 2 ;)

Also see: FarCry

Fun fact: far cry is way too bright on ATi cards (saw it on my friend's X800XT. WTF, seriously. On my 6800 it looks...perfect.)
D E A T H
2005-01-25, 10:26 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Temperamental
I was thinking about geting Deus Ex Invisible War...Is that any good, and is it long?

DX:IW was OK, but when you remember it's roots and see how short it is, it's not worth it.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-26, 6:52 AM #30
Invisible War was utterly ****, but thats in comparison to the original Deus Ex. Overall, it just sucked a bit.

Get System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Thief 1, 2 and Deadly Shadows.
MCMF forever.
2005-01-26, 9:58 AM #31
POSTAL 2

and it's only $10 here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00015H0Y8/qid=1106762545/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-4305160-6208909?v=glance&s=software&n=507846
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-01-26, 10:39 AM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi

Fun fact: far cry is way too bright on ATi cards (saw it on my friend's X800XT. WTF, seriously. On my 6800 it looks...perfect.)

it could have just been his gamma, or even his monitor (my sister's monitor is twice as bright as mine, neither of us have messed with our gamma, and both of our monitors are brand new. we have the same videocard)

And yes, I would highly suggest WoW. I was in the stress test, and it was, quite frankly, one of the best games I had ever played. Then a few months after the stress test ended I got in the open beta, and they had managed to make it better . I can only imagine what it's like now.

I beta tested TMO, and I honestly couldn't stand it. It ran like crap (the graphics weren't even impressive), and the interface was awful. The game seemed to play like CoH minus the fun. They very well may have improved it since then, but regardless, I would go for WoW.
Moo.
2005-01-26, 11:19 AM #33
Anachronox!

It's only the Quake 2 engine but it is a mighty kickass game. I played through it three times. It is one of the funniest games I've ever played.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-26, 12:45 PM #34
Here's an MMO I definitely wouldn't recommend to anyone : Everquest II . Absolute garbage. It's boring, repititve, and just not fun. Your options in the game are either A)Run around by yourself and kill mob after mob B)Run around with a group and kill mob after mob C)Sit around and craft item after item . Sounds like fun doesn't it? Oh, but you wanna have some PvP fun? Not in EQII, you won't! Seems the developers had this grand idea of putting arenas in both cities for players to duke it out in. But, they obviously never finished implementing it, because in each city there is an arena, but the signs read "CLOSED BY ORDER OF [INSERT LEADER NAME]". More laziness on SOE's part, what a suprise. They'll probably implement it in one of their fine expansion packs, along with alot of other crap they initially promised.
2005-01-26, 12:47 PM #35
sounds like EQ1
Moo.
2005-01-26, 12:49 PM #36
Never played EQ1, but if that's what it's like, then god knows how it got so popular. I really wanted WoW, but all the craptacular stores around here don't have it. Another suprise.
2005-01-26, 1:01 PM #37
Play the games you own competitively
2005-01-26, 2:21 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by Mister_Sinister
Never played EQ1, but if that's what it's like, then god knows how it got so popular. I really wanted WoW, but all the craptacular stores around here don't have it. Another suprise.

WoW was taken off the shelves until the servers can stabalize. They got 600k users in 6 weeks. They thought they'd get that in a year and a half. There servers were only ready to hold 300k at release.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-26, 2:58 PM #39
FPS's are my preferred taste, too.

Unreal Tournament 2004 never gets old in multiplayer, especially onslaught. For those who still play, don't the added vehicles--SPMA, Paladin, and Cicada--in onslaught kick ***?

As said by 10^LOTS people, Deus Ex (my favorite game 3vAR!) is too awesome. Yeah, it's aging now, but the I can't say that I have ever played a more immersing, non-linear single player game ever.

Perhaps you should save your money. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looks like the next big thing. Also, Republic Commando looks like it could bring back the high quality of LEC FPS's.
2005-01-26, 2:59 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW
it could have just been his gamma, or even his monitor (my sister's monitor is twice as bright as mine, neither of us have messed with our gamma, and both of our monitors are brand new. we have the same videocard)

And yes, I would highly suggest WoW. I was in the stress test, and it was, quite frankly, one of the best games I had ever played. Then a few months after the stress test ended I got in the open beta, and they had managed to make it better . I can only imagine what it's like now.

I beta tested TMO, and I honestly couldn't stand it. It ran like crap (the graphics weren't even impressive), and the interface was awful. The game seemed to play like CoH minus the fun. They very well may have improved it since then, but regardless, I would go for WoW.

Nah, it was his gfx card. I played other games (HL2, UT1999, UT2k4) and none of them were ubergamma-ish. Dunno what it is about it either.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!