Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Mafia
Mafia
2005-01-24, 9:52 PM #1
This game is a few years old now I think, but I picked it up at Fry's for $10. Seriously, this game is awesome, it just oozes style; I haven't had this much fun with a game since Max Payne!

Anyway, if you've played the game, post your thoughts on it. If not, post your bargain gaming experiences!
2005-01-24, 10:23 PM #2
sex on 3 discs...

i've had more good bargain bin deals than i could easily remember for a post...maybe later when i can look through my game collection
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-24, 10:26 PM #3
I remember playing bits from there and that, but the damn crashed on my comp back then.

I could play it again someday.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-24, 10:49 PM #4
Awesome game. I think I'll load it up again when I have the time. It feels good to be a gangster:cool:
2005-01-24, 11:16 PM #5
I only played the demo, but it was really good.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-25, 12:22 AM #6
One thing I noticed, when I first got hired into the Mafia, the Don said the cops were on our payroll, but if I went over the limits they wouldn't ignore it. Well I guess speeding is considered over the limits because I kept getting police chasing me and trying to arrest me for it.
2005-01-25, 12:30 AM #7
use the speed limiter
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-25, 1:09 AM #8
Yeah. They'll come after you if you break the speed limit at all.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-25, 6:51 AM #9
Loved the game.
Loved the fight scenes, loved the storyline, loved the atmosphere.
HATED HATED HATED the driving, how the cars worked.
Yes I know, it was realistic, but I still hated it.
I still enjoyed myself thoroughly (except during some of the drviing parts) but I knew when I finished it I'd never play it again.
And I haven't.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-01-25, 7:08 AM #10
Undoubtedly one of my favourite games of all-time.

It's got everything you could ever want in a game.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-25, 7:59 AM #11
Best third person gunfights in a game ever, and it doesn't even have to resort to dual-wielding weapons or slow-mo. I love the small discrete effects, like the fatally wounded attempting to creep away on the floor, or how your shots can actually penetrate through some materials like thin wooden frames, doors, cars or furniture. The best comparison I have is the sublime end gunfight in L.A. Confidential with Guy Pearce and Russel Crowe holed up in the motel.

Lovely Django Reihardt music, of whom I was a fan even before playing the game, yet it fits perfectly. Minor Swing crackling from the radio while purring around in a Duesenberg J in Little Italy is perfect.

I love vintage cars (Luuuurved the race and roaring through the city in a Bugatti), art-déco architecture, Chicago and New York, prohibition era Americana, and mob movies. It's like it was tailor-made for me. Possibly my favourite game ever.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.

↑ Up to the top!