Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → It's no HK-47 but this will do...
It's no HK-47 but this will do...
2005-01-25, 4:39 PM #1
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=562&e=4&u=/ap/gunslinging_robot

Statement: Meatbags are soooo obsolete :D
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-01-25, 4:46 PM #2
It seems the firing is remote controlled. Maybe its difficult to aim. The computer should help abit, like sort of an aimbot. (ha!)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-25, 4:48 PM #3
Why in the world would they need two joysticks and a bunch of buttons? I would think that video game controld would be much better to start out with.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-01-25, 4:50 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobbert006
Why in the world would they need two joysticks and a bunch of buttons? I would think that video game controld would be much better to start out with.

I assume it takes more coordination to take a real robot into combat areas than something in video games?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-25, 4:52 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
I assume it takes more coordination to take a real robot into combat areas than something in video games?

Couldn't be!
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-01-25, 4:53 PM #6
Quote:

Aren't gamepads essentially devices with two joysticks and a bunch of buttons?
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-01-25, 4:56 PM #7
hmm...:o
2005-01-25, 4:57 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by SavageX378
Aren't gamepads essentially devices with two joysticks and a bunch of buttons?

Quiet! You'll let everyone know!
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-25, 5:29 PM #9
Old news :p

Saw this yesterday on TSS
D E A T H
2005-01-25, 5:32 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
It seems the firing is remote controlled. Maybe its difficult to aim. The computer should help abit, like sort of an aimbot. (ha!)

NO IT SHOULDN'T! THAT WAY LIES MADNESS!

Seriously though, they should make it mouse-controlled.
2005-01-25, 5:35 PM #11
Top speed: 4mph. Just run like hell, youll be fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
...Saw this yesterday on TSS

Hrm, I thought G4TV had cancelled the last of the non-gaming shows already. Well, it wont be long now... ;)
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-25, 5:36 PM #12
perhaps it will run away and call itself Johnny Number 5
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-25, 5:37 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by gbk
Top speed: 4mph. Just run like hell, youll be fine.

Hrm, I thought G4TV had cancelled the last of the non-gaming shows already. Well, it wont be long now... ;)

Bwahaha, canadian tech tv roxor. We got TSS, cinimatech, call for help and such.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-25, 8:46 PM #14
Now, all we have to do is teach it to say "I'll be back!"
2005-01-25, 8:50 PM #15
Pfft....old news...

Still pretty cool though...
2005-01-25, 9:28 PM #16
Statement: No, I just don't like organic meatbags! Except for the master, of course. He. He.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-26, 1:02 AM #17
Anyone ever read any of the Warbots series? That was interesting.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-26, 1:57 AM #18
Quote:

It looks to me like it has a rotating turret. So, one joystick controls the turret movement, and the other joystick controls the movements of the base (thus, the actual spatial movements of the robot). You couldn't do with any less, actually. Although a mouse for the turret movement might not actually be a bad solution, if you don't count the problems dusty and cramped conditions might cause.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-26, 9:50 AM #19
So close to the ED-209...yet so far.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-26, 10:15 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane
Bwahaha, canadian tech tv roxor. We got TSS, cinimatech, call for help and such.

We have TSS, Cinematech, no CFH (:() and...uh...that's about it as far as non-gaming.

Though, Judgement Day is actually a decent show. I think at times I even like it better than X-Play
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!