Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The hair thread
The hair thread
2005-01-25, 5:47 PM #1
I'm going bald. Please suggest hair products that you know are effective in replenishing hair.

Please do not suggest hair transplants from other parts of my body. That's just wrong.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-25, 5:49 PM #2
don't wear hats?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-25, 5:50 PM #3
Rogaine is over the counter. There are also some prescription pills as well.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-25, 5:54 PM #4
Being a man takes care of all hair problems.

GUESS YOU'RE JUST A WOMAN.
D E A T H
2005-01-25, 5:55 PM #5
I feel your pain, I have the dreaded receding hair line :( I'm going to try Rogain at some point in the near future. Apparently it takes a couple months to start working, then you have to KEEP taking it or your hair will fall right back out. Propecia is supposed to be better than Rogain, but it's prescription only. It's easy to get a prescription though, not like you need a blood test.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-25, 6:00 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Genki
don't wear hats?

SNOPED!

Quote:
A hat — tight or otherwise — doesn't cause hair to go the way of the dodo; hair thinning and hair loss are simply natural parts of the aging process. The mistaken belief hat wearing brings about this condition (we found mention of this belief in a book published in 1929) began during an era when hat-wearing was the rage for men, and people mistakenly concluded one caused the other. The contradictory evidence that plenty of hat-wearing men retained full heads of hair well into advanced age was, of course, ignored.
2005-01-25, 6:09 PM #7
[http://tuatara101.tripod.com/hartwell/images/cousin_it01.jpg]

Zoot!
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-01-25, 6:24 PM #8
If I start losing my hair, I'm going to shave it all off. No point wasting my time looking half-full or half-empty.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-01-25, 6:25 PM #9
The chance of something replenishing your hair is slim, the best you can really hope for is to slow down the rate of loss.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-25, 6:29 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Acharjay
If I start losing my hair, I'm going to shave it all off. No point wasting my time looking half-full or half-empty.

Exactly! Nobody will be able to tell you're going bald!
2005-01-25, 6:29 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Acharjay

That's like realizing that once you're born, you start dying...and then just killing yourself as soon as you're able.

Maybe, a little. Honestly, I'd shave my head too. Lucky for me I have good genes, no men on either side of my family are bald. WOO
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-25, 6:30 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Being a man takes care of all hair problems.

GUESS YOU'RE JUST A WOMAN.

i kant think of sumthing funny, so i just quote teh Yoshi
2005-01-25, 6:39 PM #13
I think I might be doing bald too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If I run my fingers through my hair or brush it, hairs fall out left and right. I'm 15. I have very thick hair. Is this normal? Is it just more noticable because I have black hair? Do I need to start taking rogaine now?
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-01-25, 6:49 PM #14
I AM FOREHEAD MAN.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-25, 7:06 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
I'm going bald. Please suggest hair products that you know are effective in replenishing hair.

how old are you?
2005-01-25, 7:21 PM #16
Detty, you look kinda like Josh Freese. (Not the best pic, I know)
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-01-25, 7:37 PM #17
Ha, I beat you all. Every time I get my hair cut, the hairdresser complains that my hair is too thick.
Stuff
2005-01-25, 7:52 PM #18
I think he kinda looks like Shaun.
He's got the facial features and all.
2005-01-25, 9:43 PM #19
Shave your head completely bald and grow a goatee/mustache a la Kane from Command and Conquer. :D

http://www.planetcnc.com/images/image.asp?/features/encyclopedia/cnccanon/grandeshow.jpg
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-26, 4:55 AM #20
It's not a bald spot - It's a solar panel for a sex machine.
2005-01-26, 5:34 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
I AM FOREHEAD MAN.

You really don't look that bad. You sort of look like Jack Bauer.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-26, 5:44 AM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Ric_Olie
Shave your head completely bald and grow a goatee/mustache a la Kane from Command and Conquer. :D

http://www.planetcnc.com/images/image.asp?/features/encyclopedia/cnccanon/grandeshow.jpg

Amen.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-26, 7:24 AM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
I think he kinda looks like Shaun.
He's got the facial features and all.

Shaun who? me?

And it costs at least $1000 per bottle, but minoxidil is a hair replenishing thing that acctually works...
nope.
2005-01-26, 8:26 AM #24
Shave it off. A shaved head is very comfortable...I had one for years, and my girlfriend loved it. She gets pissy with me now that I'm letting it grow long again.
2005-01-26, 9:14 AM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
how old are you?
Old enough to start losing hair. :(
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-26, 9:46 AM #26
Hair implant, hair plugs, toupe, wig? Whatever floats your boat, these are just some things. I haven't heard of anything that can make your hair grow again. But, with the way science is making advances everyday, you may very well be able to sometime.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-26, 9:50 AM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuckles
It's not a bald spot - It's a solar panel for a sex machine.

That's great.:D
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2005-01-26, 11:12 AM #28
Yeah, luckily I'm not balding yet but I am going grey. It's not noticeable until you're in close but I got so many grey hairs.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-26, 11:15 AM #29
black spray paint
2005-01-26, 11:26 AM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Sok Munkey
That's great.:D
Colin Mochrie > *

[http://www.montrealmirror.com/ARCHIVES/2003/071003/images/jfl8.jpg]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-27, 3:19 AM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
Colin Mochrie > *

[http://www.montrealmirror.com/ARCHIVES/2003/071003/images/jfl8.jpg]

I worked with a girl at Costco... looked like a female version of Colin Mocherie... poor thing.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-27, 9:12 AM #32
o_O

That would be kinda... wierd.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!