Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Google is at it again.
Google is at it again.
2005-01-25, 6:06 PM #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4205267.stm

I wonder where they're going with all this? What's the master plan? Besides Googlezon...
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-25, 6:12 PM #2
They also hired Mozilla's lead programer... Gbrowers, eh?
and lol at googlezon.. Though I can't wait for google grid :)

Just tried that out.. saw it earlier and ignored it. Holy crap, google is awsome. :eek: :eek:
2005-01-25, 6:28 PM #3
In my area, there are at least 2 dozen employment ads put out by google for IT related positions. I see em constantly when I'm trying to find a good job...but I'm not qualified for any of them :(

BtW I'm 10 minutes from redmond if you were curious.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-25, 7:03 PM #4
Good god.

Googlezon is coming true!:eek:

Seriously though, this is going to be awesome.
But what is causing googles recent buying spree?
2005-01-25, 9:03 PM #5
http://video.google.com/

Fun fun fun!

That would be cool if Google made an IM service...

And a browser...
2005-01-25, 10:09 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Trigger Happy Chewie
http://video.google.com/

Fun fun fun!

That would be cool if Google made an IM service...

And a browser...

Never thought of an IM service, but I always was thinking they could make a kick *** forum system.

And I was serious in my post, they ARE making a brower. They have registered the domain [url]www.gbrowser.com[/url] .. although nothing is on there now. .
2005-01-26, 2:32 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
Never thought of an IM service, but I always was thinking they could make a kick *** forum system.

And I was serious in my post, they ARE making a brower. They have registered the domain [url]www.gbrowser.com[/url] .. although nothing is on there now. .

Are you sure it's a browser? Are you sure it's not....NOTHING?

/Family Guy
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-01-26, 2:44 PM #8
No, a Google browser was announced. Based off of Firefox or Mozilla. Goodbye, Internet Explorer.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-26, 2:48 PM #9
The future's bright, the future's Google. :p
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-26, 2:52 PM #10
Unless the future is MicroGoogleSoft...
Stuff
2005-01-26, 3:00 PM #11
MicroGoogleZonBay
2005-01-26, 3:03 PM #12
Normally I'd be running in fear from a new Giant, but google does things right so the future looks hopeful.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-26, 3:04 PM #13
They have much power. If they decide some term gives you only hostile, or otherwise compromised hits, it might change things.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-26, 3:36 PM #14
OK, so we have desktop search, video search, TV search, gmail, gbrowser.... I'm hoping for G-OS next :)

What would be some great (probable) features of a Google OS?
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-01-26, 3:38 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
OK, so we have desktop search, video search, TV search, gmail, gbrowser.... I'm hoping for G-OS next :)

What would be some great (probable) features of a Google OS?

If google was really awesome, it would have the stability of Linux, with the complexity of windows.
2005-01-26, 4:51 PM #16
And it would likely be able to make your PC or laptop smell of your favourite smells. It would also make you breakfast.

A google IM client would indeed be fabngroovy, though a browser has a lot of Firefox to beat for mine...
2005-01-26, 5:14 PM #17
An OS? Unlikely...

What do you mean, "The complexity of Windows" Are you saying Linux isn't complex? :confused:
2005-01-26, 5:35 PM #18
Well Windows probably is more complex, in a bad way. And they just hide it from us. I think he meant compatibility...

There wouldn't be much point in a Google browser for Firefox users, but for IE users a browser by an Internet giant (how many people have gotten Yahoo modified IE or Yahoo toolbars and stuff? A lot) is more likely to be used than by that "Mozilla Foundation" that they never heard of. More users on a Mozilla browser is good no matter how you slice it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!