Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I know this is grossly dishonest
I know this is grossly dishonest
2005-01-26, 4:49 PM #1
But one of the rich kids at school just paid me $15 to read an article and type a 2 page summary, taking me all of about 20 minutes to complete. Am I stupid, or would you take that offer?

*prepares to get torn to peices*
2005-01-26, 4:50 PM #2
I would have held out for at least $50.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-26, 4:51 PM #3
I wouldn't do it.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-26, 4:52 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by gbk

Yessir.
2005-01-26, 4:55 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by gbk

stuff
Moo.
2005-01-26, 4:56 PM #6
i wouldent... tecknally, your makeing them plagerise your own work, and of cource the other bad moral implications.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-01-26, 5:10 PM #7
No, I wouldn't. The only reason I wouldn't is becasue I'm too lazy...
2005-01-26, 5:11 PM #8
It can be an issue if you are in the same school, as they likely have policies forbidding this kind of thing (and threatening suspension or expulsion). If it's a student from another school, it's him being hurt, not you. I guess it's similar to the whole gun-selling debate: If you sell a gun to someone KNOWING they are going to use it to rob a bank, does that make you responsible? You have to live with yourself, glad I don't ;)
2005-01-26, 5:14 PM #9
Why do you guys even care?

The guy is screwing himself over, and losing money to boot.
2005-01-26, 6:00 PM #10
I do papers for money. (Shh!) I always get A's on them. I don't mind writing them because I love writing! And I get some pretty good money off of it. I'm cheap though. $20 for an essay; $100 for a final project. ...I'm terrible! >_<;;;
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-26, 6:00 PM #11
Well, if you get caught, you'll probably get suspended.

But if you don't, you're 15 bucks richer.

Your choice.
D E A T H
2005-01-26, 6:06 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by gbk
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-26, 6:17 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Well, if you get caught, you'll probably get suspended.

But if you don't, you're 15 bucks richer.

Your choice.

Won't he be $15.00 richer regardless of what happens? In which case you should have asked for $50.00, that way you could bribe the one who catches you.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-26, 6:42 PM #14
Not to mention, being caught is slim to none. Just don't publish your paper for the person online, and always insure it's a B paper, as well as a usually B student who's just looking for assistance. I refuse to do the preppy girl's homework, because they tend to suck at writing, and the teacher will notice. I also shy away from really bad kids, as the B will be their first of the year, which raises suspicion. But for a person who's out of time and put it off, or doesn't have the time or such, doing another person's paper is a drop in the bucket. As well, it gains you points with the ladies, if it's a ladie. I still demand 10 bucks a paper.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-26, 6:43 PM #15
I've done it
2005-01-26, 7:15 PM #16
I'd love to get someone to finish the paper I've been putting off for over a month now :) Only 400 or so words left...any takers?
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-26, 7:18 PM #17
Only 400? That's 4 typed pages max.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-26, 7:30 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran Horn

I have a little over 400 now and it's about a page and a half. The problem is that I absolutely HATE the subject. It's 20th century humanities class and the paper is about Pablo Picasso and some other loser. I hate, hate, HATE art. Hate it.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-01-26, 7:30 PM #19
Hate it.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-01-26, 7:43 PM #20
Heck, I made hundreds of dollars back in high school by writing papers for people. No harm in it, at least not for me.

Back before everyone had a CD burner, making CDs was a pretty lucrative business too.
Stuff
2005-01-26, 8:04 PM #21
To me cd burning is a completely different issue.
I'd do the paper if I needed the money (morality alas is a little flexible based on money) but not burn cds.
Oh, and dont take my bracketed comments to the extreme there, I said a little flexible.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-01-26, 9:34 PM #22
wow...back in high school I did them for free. Of course I didn't write them. I just pulled them off the net, slapped their name on them and wrote my report. My main thing was making up the works cited. But then I learned if I wrote the paper I could make money...It is a bad thing to do though. I'm thinking about stopping. Don't want to get caught and tossed out of school for something stupid.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-26, 10:08 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran Horn

Yeah maybe if you use size 18 font. Thats like a page/page and a half.
2005-01-26, 10:12 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Trigger Happy Chewie
No, I wouldn't. The only reason I wouldn't is becasue I'm too lazy...

QFT. That and I just don't like the idea. Of course, if I did sell my services, I be a VERY rich man. Meh, won't ever do it unless I got an offer I couldn't refuse.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-26, 10:14 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Yeah maybe if you use size 18 font. Thats like a page/page and a half.
Okay, so I exaggerated.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-26, 10:22 PM #26
Standard paper:
Size 12, Times New Roman, double spaced, ~250 words per page.
2005-01-27, 12:29 AM #27
Why let other people take credit for my good work? I'd do it, but churn out some piece of crap with no ingenuity nor creativity, nor good writing .. just boring regurgitative crap.
一个大西瓜
2005-01-27, 12:31 AM #28
Screw morals. Ask for more money. :p
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-27, 12:42 AM #29
I miss high school...I used to have a senile english teacher who I managed to sell/give past papers to underclassmen and she never knew she was reading the same paper for 4 years running...Or the best part was writing one generalized paper that covered topics in 3 different classes that were vaguely similar and handing it in to each teacher...Those were the days.

Ironic talking about papers and the amount of spelling errors I caught just skimming this thread :p (not that it really matters, its an informal environment anyway) For the sake of being polite and avoiding any kind of moderative action, I'll shut up now...
"...Those living for death will die by their own hand, Life's no ordeal if you come to terms, Reject the system dictating the norms..."
2005-01-27, 3:26 AM #30
I did that some while I was a freshman in high school. Unfortunately I rarely even went to class so making money that way was not so primary.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-27, 8:12 AM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
I wouldn't do it.

Neither would I.

There was a guy in one of my classes offering 50 bucks (he may have gone to $100..I forget) for someone else's work, so he could 'tweak' it instead of doing it himself..I hope nobody did it. They need to do their own freakin' work, just like anybody else. It's part of learning, I would think..
woot!
2005-01-27, 8:20 AM #32
$15 for 20 minutes work?

beats a lot of jobs.
2005-01-27, 9:08 AM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by Elana14
i wouldent... tecknally, your makeing them plagerise your own work, and of cource the other bad moral implications.
Not really. Legally, it would fall under the work for hire clause, meaning that the paper would legally belong to the person who paid to have it written, not the person who actually wrote it. So it's not plagerism.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-27, 9:54 AM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
Standard paper:
Size 12, Times New Roman, double spaced, ~250 words per page.

on my papers, i use courier font, b/c it is a fixed-width and takes up more room. I sometimes set the point size to 13.

I also mess with the leading (space between lines) to make it bigger by about a point. I doublespace to begin with so I can get away with it.

Most teachers never know the difference.

↑ Up to the top!