Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My job...
My job...
2005-01-27, 1:18 AM #1
...is kicking my ***. Seriously my training is from 3:30PM to 12:30AM and I maybe get home at about 1:30AM. 80 miles total round trip. Thank qod there is free and glorious coffee in the break room. Tomorrow is the final exam. I'm studying all my notes and the training manual as I want a 100% because I'd get a majorly rocking hat. That hat is such a status symbol. So much information.

I wake up saying to myself, "The ATM switch connects the DSLAM to the other ATM switch which is then attached to the RedBack and the RedBack shoots down to the RADIUS..." Anyway, It's getting to be fun.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-27, 1:27 AM #2
Quote:
Originally posted by Mith
I wake up saying to myself, "The ATM switch connects the DSLAM to the other ATM switch which is then attached to the RedBack and the RedBack shoots down to the RADIUS..." Anyway, It's getting to be fun.

I take it your are in a field involving networking?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-27, 2:43 AM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by JediGandalf
I take it your are in a field involving networking?

Going to be doing DSL support for SBC through 2Wire. I want the 2Wire 180HG soooo badly. Unfortunately I have to be there for 60 days before I can purchase it. It is the BEST G router I have seen.

The training isn't too hard as it's making me remember a lot of what I learned in my Net+ and MCSA courses. The trainers are pretty cool too. The only thing I hate are the tools and rigmarole we have to go through for certain things.

Also, $12/hour isn't bad pay at all. Just went through my first rental contract and all that jazz. Move into the apt. not this weekend but the next. Yay!
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker

↑ Up to the top!