Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Interesting Read
Interesting Read
2005-01-27, 2:10 PM #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6839072/?GT1=6065

It's actually interesting to see the statistics for a subject like this... what do you think?
2005-01-27, 2:23 PM #2
I don't doubt it. I taught 12 year olds for two years, and I swear, they wouldn't wait until they were out of class before starting.
:master::master::master:
2005-01-27, 2:28 PM #3
Throughout history, it's been socially acceptable (and expected in some cases) for 13+ to be the age of consent and marriage. Only recently has this changed, relatively.

In modern society, most people this age just aren't emotionally mature to handle the responsibility though. This is a serious problem. Why are kids nowadays emotionally stunted? TV? Radio? Who knows...but I do know that even with great curriculum about Sex and Anatomy these days, it still isn't quite cutting it. One of my favorite classes my senior year in High School was Health. I had the greatest teacher I've ever met, and he had the best curriculum for all of these things. The sad thing is that I didn't get this kind of hands on (no pun intended) education until my last year in high-school. So much should be done to improve this, so that when kids do have "under-age intercourse" and such, they are ready. You can't stop kids from doing it, so more must be done to make sure they know what they're doing.

Honestly, judging from most 13 year olds I've met, those statistics are frightening.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.

↑ Up to the top!