Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ow, my head
Ow, my head
2005-01-27, 6:55 PM #1
I just got back from another one of my Jiujitsu classes (our college offers them, figured I'd go and see if I liked it). We were staying afterwards with some guys doing some practice sparring, and I get paired up with a guy whos got wrestling experience. Well, long story short, he gets me in a head lock and flips me over him, but gets me a little too far up his body, so instead of just flipping me on my back, he tosses me on my head. I take consolation in the fact that, were it a wrestling match, he would have been disqualified for an illegal move. :D

So, anyway, what kind of martial arts do you Massassians do, if any?

And as a side note, whats the worst injury you've ever recieved doing martial arts?
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-27, 7:22 PM #2
I took Karatedo for about three years back when I was in middle school.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-27, 9:43 PM #3
None.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-27, 11:35 PM #4
I'm a 4th degree blackbelt in Rexkwando.
2005-01-28, 12:36 AM #5
chinese wushu, meaning not the performance wushu everyone takes "wushu" to be, but the actual chinese meaning of "wushu" .. which is "martial arts" .. which means, a variety of chinese martial arts .. primarily san da, tho I might begin taiji soon

and, jujitsu (not bjj) for no reason.
一个大西瓜
2005-01-28, 1:56 PM #6
I'm a level 42 grand master in I'llKillYou-ate. ;)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-28, 1:58 PM #7
I fence... <.<
DO NOT WANT.
2005-01-28, 2:28 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
I'm a 4th degree blackbelt in Rexkwando.

Oh, yeah? Well I'm a 3rd-Degree blackbelt in Stegasaurakwando.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-28, 2:35 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Zell
I fence... <.<

me too! Saber SABER SABER! :)

I used to do Taekwondo. :rolleyes:
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-28, 2:48 PM #10
None currently, but i intend to take Kali (Jason Bourne Hauls.)

Anyways, I don't mean to go off subject, but how much are classes usually?
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2005-01-28, 4:07 PM #11
Who needs martial arts when you've got a cricket bat or a hockey stick? :p
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-28, 4:09 PM #12
Karate, like in the movies.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2005-01-28, 4:13 PM #13
General *** kickery... no formal training...

That doesn't matter though... One thing I notice about alot of people that do some form of martial arts... is that they just can't fight, like in a real fight..

I dunno, almost like they think they're super man going in, and no one is super man. Not even me.

↑ Up to the top!