Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Lucas Arts, I hate you
Lucas Arts, I hate you
2005-01-29, 7:01 AM #1
No Sam & Max 2 for us. :mad:
From Bad Brain Entertainment:
Quote:
1. Negotiations with Lucas Arts failed. We won't get Sam & Max 2 (not the code, the artwork or anything else)

Now I will just go and cry...
:(

[edit: on a positive note, I reached 1000 posts...]
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-01-29, 7:02 AM #2
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-29, 8:03 AM #3
Great way to show love for the community, these guys are worse the EA...
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-29, 8:10 AM #4
Oh that makes me angry. Then Sol brought up EA. That made me angry to. How I hate EA games.

Other than that though now that I look through that site it looks to be pretty interesting. I hope we see some pretty good games start coming from them. It looks like a promising new company.
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2005-01-29, 8:11 AM #5
wtf is sam & max?
2005-01-29, 8:14 AM #6
Now that I mention it, I remember my 'SquareSoft, I hate you' thread couple of years ago. Marvellous.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-29, 8:14 AM #7
One of LucasArt's true classics. You can get Sam & Max Hit the Road (the first and, now it seems, only) in LucasArts Classics Volume I. It also has their incredibly good games of Maniac Mansion 2: Day of the Tentacle and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Oh, and LucasArts can go to Hell for all I care.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-29, 9:28 AM #8
Another LEC classic to get is Full Throttle. Awesome game.
2005-01-29, 4:51 PM #9
they ARE working with the creator of sam and max trying to work out a deal to start work on a new game... which just means we have to wait longer for another sam and max game and it will not be the nearly finished but still cancelled game we originally wanted... and possibly not published by LEC
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-29, 5:14 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkJedi82
and possibly not published by LEC

What a tragedy that would be. :rolleyes:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-29, 6:11 PM #11
Probably a blessing in disguise. The unique minds who brought us the original Sam & Max, along with Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and Monkey Island 1 & 2 stopped working for the company years ago. All we're likely to get these days would be a cheap cash-in, a mere shadow of LucasArt's former greatness. We're better off ending it on a high note and getting nothing.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-01-29, 7:29 PM #12
I haven't seen those "classic" packs since about when Jedi Knight came out; one of the newer ones had a demo of it included. Or was it even older than that? Because I recall one that had a three level demo of DARK FORCES in it...

I wish it were easier to buy a large range of games, rather than just the newest ones.
2005-01-29, 8:37 PM #13
That's what happens when idiot CEO's who never play computer games think they more than the people they sell too. I swear, one of those people up up to in LEC has pointy hair. That would also explain their deathly fear of releasing the source code to a 9 year old game like DF. As soon as their copy right expires on one of their games I hope every gamer posts it all over the web just to annoy them.
2005-01-29, 8:42 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
That's what happens when idiot CEO's who never play computer games think they more than the people they sell too. I swear, one of those people up up to in LEC has pointy hair. That would also explain their deathly fear of releasing the source code to a 9 year old game like DF. As soon as their copy right expires on one of their games I hope every gamer posts it all over the web just to annoy them.

what you mean in 892347589734658762398754765years?

by the time the copyright expires many of us will be DEAD
2005-01-29, 8:52 PM #15
you JUST NOW figured that out?
2005-01-29, 8:54 PM #16
>_>
Figured what out?:p
2005-01-29, 8:56 PM #17
how dare you do such a thing... you are going to get a major wedgie when you get here
2005-01-29, 9:27 PM #18
This nonsense makes Stinkywrix sad

2005-01-29, 10:02 PM #19
/me pats stinkywrix
2005-01-30, 12:02 AM #20
Quote:
by the time the copyright expires many of us will be DEAD

I think it's very unlikely anyone posting here will still be alive to see more than a couple of games actually released into the public domain; we only stand a chance with games whose creators have already died; and then there's a further 95 years to wait after THAT.

I'm so glad that King's Quest I will still be free to be sold in 2050; I'd hate for all Sierra's possible profits to be taken away by people playing KQI while jetpacking to school...
2005-01-30, 11:31 AM #21
Oh crap, that's patents that expire after 20 years, not copyrights! They'll take the games to their graves. :mad: And how much will it profit them? None!
2005-01-30, 3:17 PM #22
Why can't they follow id's example and release JK in 2007?
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!