Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → some compassion for people please
some compassion for people please
2005-01-29, 9:25 AM #1
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/01/28/assisted-suicide-050128.html

hopefully people will get the same humane treatment we give our pets when they are suffering.
funny how it's called humane when we put down a suffering dog but... why? we don't do it for humans that want it.
2005-01-29, 9:28 AM #2
Quote:
His final meal consisted of two shrimp, a crabcake and a couple of beers.

A meal fit for kings. I wouldn't have asked for more.

Poor guy. I hope this has an influence on the dicussions about assisted suicide that will be going on soon.
2005-01-29, 9:54 AM #3
I feel sorry for the guy. I mean how must it feel to know that you're going to die, even if you won't be in anymore pain, in just a few minutes, while surrounded by your friends and family?
D E A T H
2005-01-29, 10:08 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
II mean how must it feel to know that you're going to die, even if you won't be in anymore pain, in just a few minutes, while surrounded by your friends and family?

By that time? Probably wonderful.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-01-29, 1:04 PM #5
Indeed. There have been cases of terminally ill patients being denied pain killing drugs for fear of addiction.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-29, 1:58 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Indeed. There have been cases of terminally ill patients being denied pain killing drugs for fear of addiction.

They're going to die...fear...what the ****?
D E A T H
2005-01-29, 3:05 PM #7
Exactly.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-29, 3:12 PM #8
I don't get it. Why do people frown upon such things? I think all people should be able to die before they get to the point of suffering or just sitting in a bed all day without any feelings.

People celebrate birth, why not celebrate death? It would be amazing to die surrounded by family and friends. That way just about every family could say "Atleast he died peacefully". It would take a lot of the pain out of people in mourning, and it would allow everyone to die a peaceful death.
Think while it's still legal.

↑ Up to the top!