Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bad Parties
Bad Parties
2005-01-30, 5:49 AM #1
Massassi, I have a story to share. I went out last night to a party (free kegger). I was with four friends, and it was getting to be about 1:00am. We are getting ready to leave. Some guy asks my friend John to find him a cup. John is about done with his, so he says, "Go ahead and take mine." The guy jokingly asks if John has any diseases. John jokingly replies, "Yeah, I got herpes." So this guy pours the beer that was in the cup into the cup of a girl standing next to him that he was talking to. John, again jokingly, says, "Hah! Now you've got herpes!"

This girl is a little weirded out because she doesn't know John and the matter of his jokes. She starts asking if he is serious. Well, he jokes around with her some more, saying he is. After about five minutes of bantering, he admits it's all a joke and that he doesn't have any diseases. He walks away somewhere, and I'm standing next to this girl. She starts asking me, "Is he serious? Do I have herpes?" I don't really want to get involved in the fiasco, so I say, "You'll have to take that up with John."

She keeps asking the question and I keep answering the same way for about five minutes. I probably should have walked away then and there, but I didn't think it would turn out as badly as it did. Seemingly out of nowhere, she says to me, "Prove that he doesn't have herpes." I ask, "What do you want me to do?" She replies, "Kiss me." Well, this girl is quite drunk, very unattractive, I'm kind of involved with somebody else, and I wasn't about to kiss a complete stranger (she was also possibly still in high school; the guy that hosted the party invited a bunch of high school kids). I tell her, "That's alright. If you want it proven, go talk to John." Well, she gets mad that I won't kiss her, and pours her beer all over my hoodie. I get really mad, but don't do anything. Our group of four leaves about ten minutes later.

We go to another party at some apartments near campus. At this party, the keg runs dry within the hour, and every guy (except for our designated driver and myself) has found some girl and is making out. I'm not. I decide to wait the party out, and the hosts tell everybody to go home about 30 minutes later. We get back to the dorms and I fall asleep around 4:00am. I wake about around 6:00am, and try to go back to sleep. No dice. So, I remember that the dining halls have breakfast at 7:00 during the week. I wait until 7:00. I go downstairs. Turns out breakfast is at 8:00 on Sundays. It's 7:40 as I type this and I'm hungry and still mad about the cruddy parties. I also have an urge like none other to go fishing.

So, Massassians, take heed: be careful about whatever parties you go to, because they can turn out to be really cruddy. Post your bad party experiences, share with us situations to avoid.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-30, 6:01 AM #2
Our parties NEVER run out of consumables. There are no bad parties at Edward Street.

I've been to some parties hosted by my ex-girlfriend's corridor-mates/housemates and they sucked babies. No offense intended, as I'm perfectly aware of the company around here, but they were 90% Christian. And not the 'normal' understanding cool ones, but the judgemental, slightly unbalanced ones. There was no beer, only mulled wine. They wanted to play charades (we usually play DRINKING games at the parties I go to/host), and when they did, they couldnt bring themselves to mime knob-jokes. They wanted to go to bed at 9:30, and muttered about me and my girlfriend going to hell when we left (because they knew we were living in sin).

Needless to say I only went to keep my old (evil-slut-*****) girlfriend happy.
2005-01-30, 6:05 AM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by Martyn

Needless to say I only went to keep my old (evil-slut-*****) girlfriend happy.

Yep, living in sin is the coolest thing possible :cool:
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-01-30, 6:09 AM #4
Nice nightmare parties, Martyn :p

I'm not one of those serious party-goers, but the parties I have attended during my university times have all been nice, some outright great with company sponsored drinks, food, and everything.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-30, 6:11 AM #5
I recently went to a club for the first time for some girl's birthday huge birthday party (you don't have to pay to get in if you're white in India, usually ;) ) and I must say that it sucked. It wasn't just the clubs, it was me. It must be that I don't drink, because I just don't get the whole thing. There were very few songs that I would dance to, so I spent sitting with my friends who don't drink watching the ones who do drink drink. Not much fun. I think I'm just the wrong personality type.
Whatever.

(PS - I'm wasn't, am not, or ever will really be judgemental about drinking. If you want to, I don't care. I don't think it's for me. It might be for you; there's no way I can tell.)
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-01-30, 6:15 AM #6
Yeah, I think I'm about done with drinking. It's lost it's appeal, plus, I can't afford it anymore. I'm just wasting my time too. :(
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-30, 6:47 AM #7
I'm only 16 so the only parties my friends and I have is poker night! Every weekend or two we pick a house to have poker night at, we each bring 5 bucks some food and drinks and go at it...err we don't illegaly gamble, we just feel it right to reward the winner with a wee bit o' cash >.>
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-30, 7:26 AM #8
There's this co-ed frat in town that let's our dorm in, no questions asked. So we usually form party trains and head over there Thursday nights. I don't know why I keep going. Only bad things ever happen. One friend of mine busted his head twice (three times if he wasn't wearing a sombraro), another friend of mine had his girlfriend cheat on him with three other girls in front of him, and I had a leather coat of mine get scuffed up real bad. The beer is watered down, the music sucks, and I always get molesticated by fat girls and gay guys. And now I have an 8:10 class on Friday this semester, as well.
:master::master::master:
2005-01-30, 7:53 AM #9
Parties I've gone to are usually really dull and conservative or extreme. I know the Pikes(pi, kappa, gamma) fraternity used to have insane parties considering they used to be in drugs. They got busted though and the Pikes were disbanded and reformed later.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-30, 8:59 AM #10
Yay, I'm back!

Anyways, so was the party cruddy because your friend made a really stupid joke with a complete stranger? Joking about herpies, really isnt that funny...

And you are in a relationship, so seeing your boys hook up with some chicks shouldnt reallly bother you, to the point of making a party cruddy....

Anyways, ya kegs that run out quickly suck But around here, once the keg runs out, there is usually another one, or everyone chips in a buck or two to get a new one within the half hour. Always gotta have your **** straight when it comes to keggers.My roomates and I always have two kegs...

Our..just go to the club!
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-01-30, 9:00 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran Horn
Parties I've gone to are usually really dull and conservative or extreme. I know the Pikes(pi, kappa, gamma) fraternity used to have insane parties considering they used to be in drugs. They got busted though and the Pikes were disbanded and reformed later.

Pikes...what University are you at? Pikes here are the biggest loosers in the world.....
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-01-30, 9:11 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
I'm only 16 so the only parties my friends and I have is poker night! Every weekend or two we pick a house to have poker night at, we each bring 5 bucks some food and drinks and go at it...err we don't illegaly gamble, we just feel it right to reward the winner with a wee bit o' cash >.>

Yeah we used to do that too when I was that age. Lots of fun.

Booze and Monopoly can be a lot of fun. We played with 6 people, and I don't remember much of it, but I was told that I traded Boardwalk and $1000 for Marvin Gardens.

I've never really been to a cruddy party. Well, there was one that I had hosted at my place, had almost 30 people over. The party was awesome, but some bad **** happened between me and my best friend that night, because of the girlfriend I had at the time. My old best friend and I haven't talked since then. Jesus, I really miss her. :(
2005-01-30, 9:32 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Ubuu
Yay, I'm back!

Anyways, so was the party cruddy because your friend made a really stupid joke with a complete stranger? Joking about herpies, really isnt that funny...

And you are in a relationship, so seeing your boys hook up with some chicks shouldnt reallly bother you, to the point of making a party cruddy....

The first one sucked because I got beer spilled all over me by the stupid girl. The second one sucked because I was female-less. I shouldn't have bothered me, but I missed my gal, and seeing everybody hook up just didn't go over well. :(

And to put the cap on the weekend, I get up early this morning. I figure, why not go fishing? I get to the lake, and it's frozen over! Arrgghh! So now I'm in a campus computer lab working on some Maya.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-30, 10:08 AM #14
On the rare occasion we have parties (on-school apartment, not easy), we usually just get a few 24-packs, have people bring some of their own and play beer pong. Lasts a while, and it's a great way to get a lot of people interested in one thing and talking
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2005-01-30, 10:12 AM #15
My friends and I organize a bunch of LAN parties, but that is the only parties I really go to. No alcohol at them either, I'm not one for alcohol.

There is, however, a very high concentration of caffine :D
2005-01-30, 11:47 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
My friends and I organize a bunch of LAN parties, but that is the only parties I really go to. No alcohol at them either, I'm not one for alcohol.

There is, however, a very high concentration of caffine :D

Most of the LAN parties I go to are BYOA. Great times playing Total Annihilation while sloshed.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-30, 11:49 AM #17
Sounds like my kinda party, CM! :D
2005-01-30, 12:12 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Mith
Most of the LAN parties I go to are BYOA.

I wouldn't have it otherwise. CS and MoH:AA when you've been drinking is tons of fun.
2005-01-30, 2:59 PM #19
the worst party i ever went to i left immediately... that was the nazi party... the music sucked and they didn't even have any chips! and eveyone there was a real butthole..

now the communist party... THAT was a party... they had chips, good music, and plenty of vodka...

<.<

>.>
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-30, 3:08 PM #20
<3 !!!
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-30, 3:16 PM #21
My first semester in college I went to a few parties but after going to a frat party I realized they weren't for me. Guys kept hitting on me and being stupid so I told them I was a lesbian. Then they went to my trashed friend. I told them that was my girlfriend. In the end, when everyone was dead drunk, my friend and I went through their fridge and stole their cheese. I don't know why - seemed like a good thing to do at the time. (Personally I wanted to snatch the ketchup.)
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-30, 4:32 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by quesadilla_red
In the end, when everyone was dead drunk, my friend and I went through their fridge and stole their cheese.

That's hilarious.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2005-01-30, 4:34 PM #23
what kind of cheese was it? if it was provalone... good job.
2005-01-30, 4:40 PM #24
'twas a block of chedder
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-30, 4:46 PM #25
I party occasionally, and club even less.

I'd rather hang out and pound down beers with my friends.
2005-01-30, 4:51 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by quesadilla_red
In the end, when everyone was dead drunk, my friend and I went through their fridge and stole their cheese.

You totally rule! I know I would be very angry if somebody stole a block of cheese from my fridge! :)
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-30, 4:56 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
I party occasionally, and club even less.

I'd rather hang out and pound down beers with my friends.

YES.

My favourite kind of party is when I have all of my ex-band members and other musician friends over, and we get trashed and compose some pretty outrageous ****. There's guitars and bongos all over the place, and it's amazingly fun.

Back home at my dad's, we have a pool table, and just chilling, drinking, and shooting some pool at home is great as well.
2005-01-30, 5:11 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master

I too am 16, and my friends and I hold the exact same type of parties, down to the t, SAJN.

I always wonder what some cop will think when he pulls me over late at night for a broken headlight (dang, still got to get that fixed >_<), and sees a big, locked, silver metal case on the seat next to me (containing poker chips). :)
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-30, 11:39 PM #29
Best parties I go to are the ones at my house or at my friends' places. Of course staying home/going to the bars for a few beers is also fine with me, as long as it's with my friends.

And damnit, Martyn, I want to check out one of your parties so bad. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-01-31, 10:09 AM #30
Hmm.. I went to a party on friday..it was awesome for a while until cops showed up and busted it at like 10. Problem was it was in a very isolated area. Ended up walking for an hour with my friend, drunk as hell, down a dark road with nothin but thick forest all round. Eventually some guy in a hummer saw us and drove us back! We woulda had like another hour of walking. The worst part is that we found out there was a bus that left from right outside the party we could have taken. Not such a bad thing tho that we didnt take the bus however.. my friend was stabbed on that bus but he is ok. ****in physchos around where i live...they will stab/beat/mace you for the slightest thing. (always the same people too)...
2005-01-31, 2:09 PM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
. my friend was stabbed on that bus but he is ok. ****in physchos around where i live...they will stab/beat/mace you for the slightest thing. (always the same people too)...

if it came down to that, I would rather walk a few miles.
2005-01-31, 3:05 PM #32
I haven't been too many horrible parties, but I absolutely hate when we can't find a party to go to. 2 out of the last 3 times we've gone out, every party we tried was either too crowded or busted. Which meant that in the end we had just walked around the campus for a few hours in the cold and go back to the dorm. Lame.

↑ Up to the top!