Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My Yesterday
My Yesterday
2005-01-30, 8:32 AM #1
It's a really long story.... yesterday I tried to kill myself and my parents caught me in the act they pinned me down but I left the house after I got up... they called the cops and told them I was under a doctors care and very unstable... I got arrested and brought to the hospital... they diagnosed me with obsesive compulsive disorder causing depression and I have a whole bunch of pills to take now. I'm pretty sedated and rather sleepy right now.

Everyone is keeping a really close eye on me and alot of people are scared of me... I dunno... I'm sorta scared of myself to right now.

I'm not quite sure what triggered it all but I think it was the fact that my ex was making up lies about me again... I just couldn't handle it... I was obsessing over it. So overall I think I'm getting the help I need... atleast I hope.
2005-01-30, 8:48 AM #2
I'm sure you'll be back to your good-old-self in no time. :)
Hang in there!
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-01-30, 8:50 AM #3
Differences aside, I hope you get to the root of whatever's making you feel this lousy and that you feel better soon.
2005-01-30, 8:53 AM #4
Hang in there MechWarrior. I hope you feel better soon.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-30, 9:08 AM #5
I don't know what to say...

Some advice maybe, which may seem arrogant or patronizing, but I think it's important considering that you tried to end your only life :/

Talk... all the time. Talk all the time, with strangers, family, friends, your school janitor, about anything. This is key to getting out of any depression.

Get psychotherapy. Skepticism isn't needed; I can show you the statistics of improvement. Together with a medicine treatment (Prozac, MAO-inhibitors) you'll be out of it in no time.

I'd also seriously consider throwing the computer out for a while. If you don't already, go out, at least 3 nights a week, for at least 5 hours each night.

I feel kind of stupid for giving you, someone who I don't know anything about, this advice. I'm confident that all of the above will help you though. I hope you don't find this post insulting.

All the best
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-01-30, 9:11 AM #6
Well, I hope you're better soon! Massassi wouldn't be the same without you. We're all pulling for you.
Stuff
2005-01-30, 10:24 AM #7
Mech, .... I'm just at a loss for words. I'm happy that your parents caught you. If something would have happened, do you know how much I would have been crying?!?!

If you are on messenger get on now if you can. Cuz I have work at 6 and i'm getting offline around 5. I want to talk to you. Please get on. I'm happy that you are ok now, please dont ever do that again. I really think u need to distance yourself from Amanda, or Tanya, whoever it was that was making up the lies.

If you are online, please get on messenger, I want to talk to you ok. *huggles* please dont ever do that again.

Laura
2005-01-30, 10:33 AM #8
*hugs*
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-30, 11:54 AM #9
[inappropriate]
2005-01-30, 5:20 PM #10
:eek:
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-30, 5:55 PM #11
Hang in there... No matter what, Massassi will be here for you. We've got your back, Mech. :)
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-30, 8:01 PM #12
*huge, big, fluffy hug*

I really hope that you get to the root of the problem and that you work it out, we're all pulling for you, we love you, and we've always got your back.

good luck, good luck, good luck!! you mean a lot to everyone, never, ever give up hope. we love you!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-01-30, 8:06 PM #13
Having been down the suicide route myself a long time ago, it really is the worst option available to you. It was apathy that worked for me.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-30, 8:07 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
*hugs*

:) get rest, get well.
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2005-01-31, 6:29 AM #15
I guess I should update you guys... I'm not doing so great... the pills they've put me on have really messed me up I feel all disoriented and just tired and yucky. I'm trying to hold on but I feel just like I'm clawing at nothing to hang on to. I'm not having a very good run at it right now.
2005-01-31, 6:32 AM #16
:(

Hope you get better Mech.
No sig.
2005-01-31, 7:33 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Tenshu
MAO-inhibitors

Don't do MAOIs. Nothing good will come of them. SSRIs are not much better, but they have the terrible interactions that MAOIs will have. And pills in general don't solve anything. All they do is supress. A treatment of pills alone will only leave a person numb, unable to feel the depression that is there.
:master::master::master:
2005-01-31, 12:24 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
I guess I should update you guys... I'm not doing so great... the pills they've put me on have really messed me up I feel all disoriented and just tired and yucky. I'm trying to hold on but I feel just like I'm clawing at nothing to hang on to. I'm not having a very good run at it right now.

if you are fluvoxamine, it's going to do that at first. U'll prob. get headaches for a little, and you'll feel tired. Eventually your body will become accostumed to it, and things will get better. The pills dont work overnight, give it a couple of weeks and trust me you'll feel better then u've ever felt. Just give it time Brandon ok.
2005-01-31, 12:38 PM #19
I've been exactly where you've been. If you need anyone to talk to who can sympathize, pm/im/email me. I've gone through EXACTLY what you are going through, including the g/f lies and the pills and the whole shibang. I'm here to talk, which is honestly the best therapy you can get.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-31, 1:01 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by stat
Don't do MAOIs. Nothing good will come of them. SSRIs are not much better, but they have the terrible interactions that MAOIs will have. And pills in general don't solve anything. All they do is supress. A treatment of pills alone will only leave a person numb, unable to feel the depression that is there.

MAOIs have insane drug interactions and require a very strict diet and are not very effective. You seem quite misinformed about SSRIs. SSRIs (Zoloft etc) have very few interactions. They have some issues with alcohol (especially when adjusting to the medicine) but you can even drink lightly with them (or drink more, it'll just mess up your heart rate, probably make your depression worse etc).

As a person who sufferes from depression and comes from a family with a history of despression, I can say that the statements of anti-depressants only "drugging you up", "making you happy", or "supressing the depression" are, well, bull****. If you have a very mild depression (nothing more than a chemical imbalance, no social/personal issues etc) SSRIs may be all you need to fix depression. Most people do need at least a little counseling though. It's a good idea even if you don't think you need it. Obviously in Mech's case, he needs it.

There's also some stuff going around now about SSRIs causing suicide. Er, not exactly. I don't think there's ever been a case where someone with mild depression has taken an SSRI, woken up one day and said, "Uh well, today I wanna kill myself." That's rubbish. When you're so depressed that you have thoughts of suicide, a lot of times you're so depressed that even if you wanted to kill yourself you'd never be able to get around to doing it. Sounds silly, but ask anyone who's had depression; depression basically rips you of all motivation and will to get anything done (depending on how bad it is). When someone that depressed starts on SSRIs, they might still have thoughts of suicide but be not so depressed that they can actually carry it though. That's why anyone with depression (ESPECIALLY severe depression) needs to be closely monitored and must have counseling to ensure a proper recovery. There's nothing in SSRIs that just give you thoughts of suicide, that's garbage.

Also, SSRIs work by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin between nerve cells, allowing it to stay in the synapse longer. This is the best option since you can't just inject serotonin because it can't pass the blood-brain barrier, but SSRIs can.

I'm on the highest dosage available in a standard prescription of Zoloft, 100 mg. I can assure you that I don't feel happy all the time and it's most certainly not just "supressing" or "covering up" my depression. It has helped immensly. My grades shot way up last year after starting Zoloft, I began to have much more of a social life and I stopped getting pissed over the smallest things. I used to get terribly angry when my parents asked me to do simple 10 minute chores, and I didn't know why and I couldn't control it. Now I have no problem doing that kind of stuff (as I did before I became depressed).

Now I'm not saying that SSRIs are the end all of depression, that would be equally stupid a thing to say. Battling depression requires consistent counseling, a decently balanced diet and sleep pattern, and exercise. Exercise is probably the greatest natural antidepressant. Exercising straight up increases levels of neurotransmitters in the brain. However when you're depressed, you don't ever get around to exercising because you have no motivation. However taking a pill even a depressed person can do, and it can really help you get back on your feet. Most people don't need to take antidepressants for the rest of their life, I'm not sure where that rumor started. I hear a lot of people say "I don't want to take a pill for the rest of my life". Usually your doctor will tell you to keep taking the antidepressant for several months to a year after your depression has disappeared, just to be sure. But after that it's usually smooth sailing.

As for actual advice...Mech, you say the pills they put you on make you feel like crap. Well, many SSRIs do that when you first start on them. If the side affects don't go away in a few weeks they should have you on something else. Although I'm not sure if they have you on things other than SSRIs, probably. I don't know much about that stuff, so I'd ask your doctor(s) about your concerns. Just remember that suicide really isn't ever the answer. My only advice is to try to keep your thoughts logical, that helped me a lot. A lot of people that attept suicide probably knew it was stupid to do what they tried, but they did anyway. Well, that's depression for you. But at least try to find another outlet for your feelings. The nearest sledgehammer and breakable object such as a desk, a table or a wall would do the trick. I'm sure your family and friends would much rather erect some drywall than have you gone from their lives forever.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-31, 1:21 PM #21
Suicide is the most silly thing ever.

You should be happy your parents caught you, and that you didn't try again. If you need any support from someone who's been in pretty much the same situation, drop me a PM.
2005-01-31, 2:00 PM #22
Oh man :(,

Aim sn: sevaka shuuro
msn: tinnywashington@hotmail.com
yahoo: shaolinmexican

I don't really know you but i'm really willing to help you out bro if you need someone to talk to.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-01-31, 2:23 PM #23
poor you
2005-01-31, 3:33 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
[inappropriate]
What could Obi_Kwiet possibly have said that was inapropriate? :confused:
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-31, 3:55 PM #25
Probably something from the works of the Catholic Church...
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-31, 8:35 PM #26
Mech, if you ever want to talk to someone, I'm sure most anyone here will be glad to converse with you, myself included. Just e-mail/pm me. Always happy to talk. I feel for ya...
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-31, 8:37 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
What could Obi_Kwiet possibly have said that was inapropriate? :confused:

Flamebait. If I said any more, I'd get MY post editted. :p
2005-02-01, 9:04 PM #28
Hey, mech, if you want to talk to anyone, sit down at your keyboard and type your heart out to massassi. Everyone here will surely listen to everything you've got to say.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-02-01, 9:18 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Flamebait. If I said any more, I'd get MY post editted. :p
Ah, of course.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-02-01, 10:54 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior

I'm not quite sure what triggered it all but I think it was the fact that my ex was making up lies about me again... I just couldn't handle it... I was obsessing over it. So overall I think I'm getting the help I need... atleast I hope.

Get a restraining order. Now.

↑ Up to the top!