Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Not what I had in mind for the weekend
Not what I had in mind for the weekend
2005-01-30, 9:47 AM #1
This has been, I think, the worst weekend in my entire life.

I decided to come up from the City to visit my parents and friends and everything, the first time in a few weeks, maybe a month or so, it started good enough, my brother aquired a new graphics card from my uncle so i packed up my cloths and my case so i could install the card and bring it back to the city, mostly since I don't have any screw drivers to open the case where i'm living.

I get up around 8 on saturday, grab my breakfast and get cleaned up and hit the road, at about 10:30 i get off the highway... i'm on the home stretch, in about 30-45 min i'd be parked in my driveway and home in time for lunch...then it all fell apart... literaly.

just outside an intersection near one of the cities I was passing by a minivan was turning left... I came through the intersection (it's a T interesection and no lights or signs, the people going through have the right of way over those turning right into the city, but just beyond the interesction the van was turning.

I came up on it pretty fast (75-80 km/h) and I honestly did not see the brake lights, to me it looked like the van was moving, but apparently it was stopped in the middle of the lane getting ready to turn, by the time i realise i was going to hit him, I paniced and hit the brakes and this of course locked the wheels and I was unable to swerve left or right.

so yeah... rear ended him... entire front end of my car is screwed and i have no ride back to Toronto come Mon unless my parents give me a ride or I take the bus.

It really scared me too when the guy said he had a 7-month pregnat wife in the passanger seat and two kids 5 or under in the middle seat of the van. No one was seriously hurt, they took the wife to the hospital, but thats jsut because they wanted to make sure the wife and baby to be was ok.

I was really shook up, It was my first ever accident and I was kinda scared about what could happen or what the conisquences of this would be.... and it really sucks. as a result of the whole thing I also god fined 325 for careless driving and 6 demerit points. The cop said if I fight it they may be able to drop it down to just failure to avoid.

but thats the only bad news of my weekend, to top it all off, My mother told me today that she has breast Cancer... she has had it for a while, since the summer at least, she said she didn't want to tell me because I had school and stuff to worr about, she didn't want me to worry about her as well.

She goes in for an operation soon and some therapy will most likely follow, she said they caught it early and they can do something about it before it gets too serious.

So yeah, thats my weekend, which i think it's safe to say is the worst weekend I've had so far.
The Gas Station
2005-01-30, 10:41 AM #2
I can't believe there's no replies here yet. It was about to fall into the bottomless pit of threads! That sucks, man. Best of luck with your mom!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-30, 10:43 AM #3
Wow, that really sucks.
Stuff
2005-01-30, 10:49 AM #4
It's the other guys fault the brake lights weren't on (Unless you were just blind)
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-30, 11:30 AM #5
Tough times.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-30, 11:37 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane
It's the other guys fault the brake lights weren't on (Unless you were just blind)

oh, i don't deny it's my fault, it just really, really sucks.
The Gas Station
2005-01-30, 11:37 AM #7
Good luck with the accident, at least no one was really hurt.

I am really sorry about your mom, I had a family member that had cancer, not fun.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-01-30, 12:28 PM #8
:(
2005-01-30, 12:34 PM #9

Hopefully things get better.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-30, 12:47 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyde Bane

Nope, if you rear end a car it's always your fault.

And the breast cancer sucks. :(
2005-01-30, 12:51 PM #11
2005-01-30, 3:35 PM #12
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-01-30, 11:42 PM #13
Bad Times :(

Hoping for the best.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-31, 4:20 AM #14
I hope everything works out for the best.Sorry to hear about your luck.:( But what are demerit points?
2005-01-31, 6:18 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by BurrBoy
Good luck with the accident, at least no one was really hurt.

I had my first driving accident ever in January. It shook my up real bad just because death or serious injury could have resulted if I turned a few more degrees in a certain direction or sped up to a certain speed, as with all accidents.
2005-01-31, 6:29 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Arianrhod
I hope everything works out for the best.Sorry to hear about your luck.:( But what are demerit points?

Here

Points depend on the state. In PA, if you get 6 points you lose your license for 6 months.

That really sucks, hope your life gets better. :(
No sig.
2005-01-31, 1:07 PM #17
Went to Pointts today to see about getting a court date and stuff, I can't simply shrug this off and pay the fine, I only have my G2 (we go G1, G2 then full G in Canada, basicly the same as a full lisence but a little more strict on the rules and stuff)

If i'm convicted (or pay the fine, which is pretty much admiting my guilt) I'll get my lisence susspended and loose it and no inssurance agency will touch me... which sucks at 18 :(.

I'm hoping that Pointts can bump it down to a lesser offence and only give me a few points off.

Quote:
I hope everything works out for the best.Sorry to hear about your luck. But what are demerit points?

with each teir of the lisences you get a certain ammount of points, with a G1, any accident and your screwed, your lisence is gone, G2, I'm not sure how many points it is, but it must be 6 or less, cause I risk loosing mine. a full G lisence and at 9 points you are called in for a hearing to see why you've been loosing points, at 12 you loose your lisence.

My dad had a careless driving charge a few years back (like... 10ish) and went to Pointts, they dropped his fine down to like three rather then 6... I'm hopeing for the same results.

As for my mom, she goes into surgery sometime around Valentines Day I think, they say they caught it early and can beat it, Hears hoping.
The Gas Station
2005-01-31, 3:25 PM #18
Good luck for both, mate.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!