Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 24 hour of sleep, oww!
24 hour of sleep, oww!
2005-01-31, 1:52 AM #1
You would think that you would feel refreshed and ready to go after 24 hours of sleep but instead I got an semi headache now and I'm still feeling sort of tired and crappy. and i'm feeling and acting just like I am tired, making many errors in typing and just not thinking correct.

curious if anyone has had similar thing happen to them?
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2005-01-31, 1:57 AM #2
Whilst I haven't ever slept for 24 hours, I can say it's indeed true: If I sleep even a few hours more than needed (and I'm not talking about situations of previous sleep deprivation), I won't be more refreshed at all, quite the contrary. Besides, even though I enjoy sleeping the required hours, I still think there are better ways to use your time (like browsing Massassi :rolleyes: ).
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-31, 2:07 AM #3
I've never had that problem, though I find from laying in one position for so long, my joints don't want to work.

I feel almost like the tin man, and I have been rusted.
2005-01-31, 2:14 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by lassev
Whilst I haven't ever slept for 24 hours, I can say it's indeed true: If I sleep even a few hours more than needed (and I'm not talking about situations of previous sleep deprivation), I won't be more refreshed at all, quite the contrary. Besides, even though I enjoy sleeping the required hours, I still think there are better ways to use your time (like browsing Massassi :rolleyes: ).

lol i was damn tired, so i just sort of passed out for a loong time, and right now my eye balls are hurting, pounding and plusing owww
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2005-01-31, 2:18 AM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by GrndAdmThrawn
lol i was damn tired, so i just sort of passed out for a loong time, and right now my eye balls are hurting, pounding and plusing owww

Plusing huh?

I'd like to see that.

Whats the number in the left eye, and the one in the right?

Can you help me do my taxes with your magical plusing eyes, my calculator seems to be broken?
2005-01-31, 2:55 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
Plusing huh?

I'd like to see that.

Whats the number in the left eye, and the one in the right?

Can you help me do my taxes with your magical plusing eyes, my calculator seems to be broken?

lmao i mean pulsing or whatever, like i said i'm screwed up in the head right now. anyway going to do my laundry kthxbye
2005-01-31, 3:09 AM #7
It's fairly normal to start feel tired after sleeping a lot, your body starts getting used to it's lethargic state.

I generally find that it's really hard to get up after 8 hours of sleep, but when I do i'm fine for the day. If I get up after 6 hours i'm tired all day and if I get up after 10+ hours I feel tired all day (not actually tired, just feeling tired).
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-31, 3:39 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
If I get up after 6 hours i'm tired all day and if I get up after 10+ hours I feel tired all day (not actually tired, just feeling tired).

That's exactly what I meant.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-31, 10:03 AM #9
Yah, thats not really odd at all..

I have such trouble getting up in the morning. My brain just ignores the alarm clock, which is an extremely loud, blaring alarm. I just sleep right through it. And when i do hear it, my hand instictivly smashes the snooze. Eventually I wake up late for school with no recollection of the alarm ever going off.
2005-01-31, 10:20 AM #10
8-10 hours, depending on how tired I am and I'm fine. After than point, I really can't get back tp sleep. Now, if I'm really exhausted, I can sleep for more than ten hours and fell ok for the day. It just takes me longer to get going again.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-31, 10:56 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Yah, thats not really odd at all..

I have such trouble getting up in the morning. My brain just ignores the alarm clock, which is an extremely loud, blaring alarm. I just sleep right through it. And when i do hear it, my hand instictivly smashes the snooze. Eventually I wake up late for school with no recollection of the alarm ever going off.

put the clock at the other side of the room.
2005-01-31, 10:57 AM #12
my schudule is so shot up to hell that basically any sleep is a blessing for my body, so i often range from no sleep for 24+ hours to 12+ hours of sleep at times, damn i need to really standardize my schudule to an regular schudule but my college schudule tends to be random and wierd at times.

so yeah :o anyway i'm feeling much better now, but my eyes are "fatigued" so i'm sort of seeing blury but for most part my body seems to be allrigt but brain is still slow bleegh, i'm first time ive ever sleept for 24 hour and it suck.

my alarm is screwed up sometime it never goes off so perhaps i wake up slam it and turn it off then turn it back on and go back to sleep and never remember it because all the other time it work just fine but recently it has randomly go on and go off with no recollation of that. its geting annonying

btw its a vibrator alarm with a bunt out strobe light. that thing is ancient i would recokn i got it when i was in 4-5th grade i think, that would be 1994-1995 lol damn that thing is atleast ten years old.
2005-01-31, 4:21 PM #13
i get headaches from over sleeping almost everytime i over sleep.
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2005-01-31, 4:48 PM #14
I get tired when I oversleep, but that's about it. Longest has been about 18 hours for me.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-31, 5:47 PM #15
I've noticed that the less I sleep (to a point), the more awake I am during a better part of the day. If I sleep for 7-9 hours, I feel dead and miserable all day long, but if I sleep 5-6ish hours of sleep I feel awesome all day.

I think I broke my body.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-31, 7:08 PM #16
Between 5-7 hours and I feel great all day. If I go over 9 or so, I feel the same way. Big headache, tired, etc.
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-31, 8:37 PM #17
I need about ten hours of sleep to feel normal. Less than that and I'm out of it all day long. The only time I get at least 10 hours is on the weekend. So throughout the week I feel like crap.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-31, 8:42 PM #18
5 hours does it for me. any more than that, and well...i feel more awake after 2 hours of the 'waking up' state. (aka taking a shower, brushing teeth, breakfast) then i'm up til 3:30 am. and go to bed wake up at 8:30. :) I've only been doing that recently, after my long hibernation period after i failed basic combat training. :D
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-01-31, 8:52 PM #19
The worst sleeping mishap was I've had was a couple years ago. I came home from school, and for some odd reason, I fell asleep on my bedroom floor. Then, I woke up at 6:30 the same day, saw it was dark outside, and in my half sleep thought it was the next morning. I went, took a shower, packed my stuff, and went out to "breakfast", which actually turned out to be my family sitting down for dinner. I was totally confused for the rest of the evening...

Okay, yeah, I'm strange... :p
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-31, 9:01 PM #20
oh and yes, i've fallen asleep standing up before.

riding in a cattle car on the way to the grenade range. the thing that woke me up was me almost falling cause i locked my knees. :D
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-01-31, 10:14 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Stafford
put the clock at the other side of the room.

Then I wouldn't wake up period.
2005-02-01, 3:22 AM #22
lol i'm wierd, anyway woo today i forced myself to go to sleep at 11 pm and wake up at 6 am, aka the pre dawn. and ive found in those rare days when i wake up waaaay before class i often feel a hell alots better during the class than if i wake up 10 min before class and run to class, i still feel sort of crappy.

i dunno how much hours of sleep i need, i can function on as low as 2-4 hours of sleep but often i'll feel fine for a while then just utterly crash, and if i manage to shake off my crash i'm fine again for rest of the day. the problem is the crash always comes during class bleegh.

anyway i'm going to give today a shot and see how i feel hopfully alots better today

↑ Up to the top!