Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory
2005-01-31, 5:10 PM #1
I cant wait till Splinter Cell Chaos Theory comes out!! Read the details at : http://ps2.ign.com/objects/695/695602.html

Awesome!!!:cool:
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-31, 5:15 PM #2
I never really gotten into the Splinter Cell games. I like the Metal Gear series better.
2005-01-31, 5:16 PM #3
I prefer the Theif games ^_^
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-31, 5:17 PM #4
Splinter cell just seemed really tedious to me for some reason. I prefer MG and thief. It's all personal preference, though, and I can definetly see why people say this is a great series.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-31, 5:18 PM #5
I thought this was going to be an academic discussion. :(

I'll be taking a Fractals and Chaos Theory sometime within the next year. :)
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-31, 5:18 PM #6
I really liked MG2, and my friend is letting me borrow MGS3 soon, but the problem with these games in the freakin' camera. I wish they would give us more control. But I like Splinter Cell more. Splinter Cell has a cool mplayer mode too. Im saving up money to buy it when it comes out in March. Cant wait...Cant wait...Cant wait...Cant wait...Cant wait...
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-31, 5:32 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Ric_Olie
I thought this was going to be an academic discussion. :(

So did I.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2005-01-31, 5:43 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Clueless_of_Morg
So did I.

as did I
</sarcasm>
2005-01-31, 6:01 PM #9
I was going to say "so did I", but that would be too predictable.
Stuff
2005-01-31, 6:19 PM #10
I was going to say "I was going to say 'so did I', but that would be too predictable" but that would be too predictable.
2005-01-31, 6:28 PM #11
I WAS GOING TO SAY YOUR MOM BUT THEN MY HEAD EXPLODED
Moo.
2005-01-31, 6:36 PM #12
I thought I was going to be able to put a witty Ian Malcolm quote into this. :(
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-31, 6:39 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud
I never really gotten into the Splinter Cell games. I like the Metal Gear series better.

Quote:
Originally posted by Compos Mentis
Splinter cell just seemed really tedious to me for some reason. I prefer MG and thief. It's all personal preference, though, and I can definetly see why people say this is a great series.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-31, 6:42 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Clueless_of_Morg
So did I.

Ditto.

Hopes of massassian intelligence: Dashed.
D E A T H
2005-01-31, 6:51 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
I thought I was going to be able to put a witty Ian Malcolm quote into this. :(

Ditto.

I hated Splinter Cell. It was cool until I actually had to start doing things. Then it got annoying and tedious.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-31, 6:53 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Ditto.

Hopes of massassian intelligence: Dashed.

Hopes of those who believe they are the enlightened few accepting the fact that others who may or may not know as much as they know might talk about things other than quantum theory: Dashed.

Just because he's talking about a video game doesn't mean he's not the resident expert on Chaos Theory :)
2005-01-31, 7:17 PM #17
The MP was a pretty cool addition in Pandora Tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to Chaos Theory.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-31, 7:26 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by saberopus
Hopes of those who believe they are the enlightened few accepting the fact that others who may or may not know as much as they know might talk about things other than quantum theory: Dashed.

Just because he's talking about a video game doesn't mean he's not the resident expert on Chaos Theory :)

I didn't say he wasn't. I'm just saying that other than the travelling faster than light speed thread, it's been ages since I've seen an intelligent discussion around here.
D E A T H
2005-01-31, 9:58 PM #19
I absolutely loved Splinter Cell #1

no...

I obsessed myself with SPlinter Cell 1, ansiously awaiting #2.

SPlinter Cell #2 seemed a bit...hollywoodized?
Over mainstreamized?

It felt like I was watching James Bond, with all the cheesy *someone's head gets cut off* "Look's like he lost his...head" cliche'd 1-liners.

Something like that.

I hope Chaos Theory is better.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-01-31, 10:15 PM #20
Have you tried the mulitplayer beta over at Fileplanet? The new map rocks and the new gadgets/tricks for the mercs and the spies are awesome.
Veger: I agree, but you have to remember, Pandora Tomorrow wasn't developed by the same design team as Splinter Cell 1, Chaos Theory is.
2005-01-31, 10:23 PM #21
How is it being designed the same way as #1? A Different Company?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-01-31, 10:26 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Veger
How is it being designed the same way as #1? A Different Company?

No, just different divisions of Ubisoft. The original was Ubisoft Montreal while Pandora Tomorrow was Ubisoft Shanghai. Chaos Theory is back to Montreal.
2005-02-01, 6:10 AM #23
I haven't been this disappointed since I saw the thread for The Butterfly Effect. :/ I say we highjack this sucker with some Mandelbrot action!
2005-02-01, 8:24 AM #24
I'm addicted to #1 ATM. I to used to think it was tedious and boring, now, I have no problem waiting for 10mins just to get the perfect takedown. Like this:

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1YSSTKU7OPMIS2PGZ3ZSAQSBR6

I waited for about 2-3mins before this guy came down a whole bunch of stair, on the other side of that pillar is a camera:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-02-01, 8:16 PM #25
Metal Gear Solid is so much better....
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2005-02-01, 8:30 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Tonberry
Metal Gear Solid is so much better....

In your opinion, of course.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-02-01, 8:40 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol
In your opinion, of course.

I believe that was implied by the fact it was him saying it, and not something like an encyclopedia or reference source ;)
</sarcasm>
2005-02-01, 9:14 PM #28
Yes, but you have to be careful to differentiate opinions and facts here. ;)
Pissed Off?
2005-02-01, 11:47 PM #29
I loved the first one because it wasn't abou the "newest puzzles" or the "spectacular visuals."

It was about spywork.

You start out green, you work your way up. Eventually, by level 9, you've had enough practice to master taking out a room of 5 guys without being seen in minutes, or you can easily distract them and headshot/come up behind/shoot out lights, etc.
The second one was bleh.

I mean, it was fun, just not AS fun.

And the whole idea of pandora tommorrow was just...

I felt like I kept waiting to figure out what it was, like I was watching "24" or something, waiting 8-12 episodes to figure out "the bad guy wasn't actually the bad guy, it was someone else."
2005-02-02, 12:15 AM #30
It being like 24 was a bad thing? tsk tsk. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-02-02, 1:23 AM #31
Yes. That's a bad thing.

I don't want to wait a year to figure out the plot at the end.

I like it when it's all covert and spy-ish.

"sam, get in, don't let anyone see you, get out, that's it"

but nooooo...it had to be all

"sam, spend 5 missions figuring out what the hell pandora tommorrow is, then figure out how to diffuse it all within 24 hours"

*Beep* *boop* *beep* *boop* *clank*

throw unrealistic hollywood movie idea in ehre.
2005-02-02, 1:33 AM #32
Personal taste. I like a story that's a little unclear at the start and has the pieces fall into place as you play, especially in a spy-type game.
Pissed Off?
2005-02-02, 8:47 AM #33
Personally, I think Splinter Cell was one of the best games I've ever played. Pandora Tomorrow was almost as fun. Unfortunately, it didn't have enough good levels to be as good as the first. The multiplayer, on the other hand, rocked. Even though it did frustrate me quite a bit I still played it.

I'm almost absolutely sure that the Chaos Theory MP will be as awesome as PT's, and I truly hope it's SP will be as good as the first one. Like, Langley good.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-02-02, 12:02 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Personal taste. I like a story that's a little unclear at the start and has the pieces fall into place as you play, especially in a spy-type game.

I think that the James Bond: Nightfire game has been out for awhile, I'm not sure about the story, but it might be something you're looking for?

jokes aside (I hope that was taken as a joke, because every review I read said NF sucked)

Yeah, it is personal taste. It's not that I don't LIKE that kind of "unclarity" "24" esque aspect of spyish stories, it's that that's not why I liked Splinter Cell. THey're almost opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to covert/spy ness.
2005-02-02, 3:41 PM #35
I read somewhere that Choas Theory will "let Sam lossen up a bit." As in, less stealth and more shooting, which with the genre of the games is bad, in my opinion. Also in my opinion Pandora Tommorow was a little too shooter, with the whole making the rifle fully auto et al.

↑ Up to the top!