Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Looking for a headset that works
Looking for a headset that works
2005-02-01, 6:31 AM #1
I bought a plantronics sometime in november. After a few months, the right ear became weak and eventually went out (just in time for the return policy to finish and me to lose my 40 bucks!). I looked for another brand but they were rare, and those I could find either had horrible sound quality, were freakishly uncomfortable or both. So I ended up buying another plantronics of the same model, hoping it was only a fluke. After two or three hours, the right ear became weak, and after two days, it stopped functionning completely.

Futureshop holds -only- plantronics and so does radioshack. Any ideas?

It has to be a headset, not just headphones.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-02-01, 6:40 AM #2
Hmmm... My Plantronics headset has been going strong for well over a year now. I got it at Radio Shack :p

I used to have a good Labtec headset, but the newer ones look really crappy compared to the old model. Try looking around Bureau en Gros.
2005-02-01, 6:42 AM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Try looking around Bureau en Gros.

They only have one-ear sets :/
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-02-01, 6:46 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Flexor
They only have one-ear sets :/

No they don't.
2005-02-01, 6:48 AM #5
http://www.staples.ca/FRA/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=,&webid=499254&affixedcode=WW
http://www.staples.ca/FRA/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=,&webid=499255&affixedcode=WW
http://www.staples.ca/FRA/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=,&webid=510668&affixedcode=WW -- these ones look nice
http://www.staples.ca/FRA/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=,&webid=510670&affixedcode=WW
2005-02-01, 6:54 AM #6
They don't have the same stock in every store though. I'd rather not have to order one.
2005-02-01, 6:58 AM #7
There's a Bureau en Gros in St-Dorothé, in the Carrefour and in the Centre Laval on Le Corbusier. They've got to be in one of them! :p

You're not easy to please, are you? :(
2005-02-01, 6:59 AM #8
Nope :p
2005-02-01, 7:03 AM #9
:p

Take the article number and call some of the stores around you. Ask them it they have the headset you want.

Here's the phone numbers.
2005-02-01, 7:05 AM #10
Great. Now call them for me!

err I mean.. thanks :p
2005-02-01, 7:06 AM #11
Your welcome. :)

And Futureshop doesn't just carry Plantronics. That Logitech headset I linked up above is available at the FS in Laval. And 5 bucks cheaper too.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=FR&dept=0&sku_id=0665000FS10031735&catid=&newdeptid=18
2005-02-01, 2:28 PM #12
I don't understand! These websites are in Francish!

Can anyone suggest a good, comfortable pair of CORDLESS headphones? The ones I've tried just don't work well, they substitute the cords with static sound.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-02-01, 2:36 PM #13
Is there a way I can turn an existing pair of headphones into a headset?

Example.

I have a headset for the phone.

Problem is, I'm hard of hearing, so it's a great headset and all.... I just can't hear on it.

Do they sell, or is there some way to make an adapter that ads a microphone to a set of headphones?
2005-02-01, 2:37 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Krokodile
I don't understand! These websites are in Francish!

Can anyone suggest a good, comfortable pair of CORDLESS headphones? The ones I've tried just don't work well, they substitute the cords with static sound.

Anything wireless, and you're going to have to take interference into account. If you live near powerlines, radio towers, or have alot of wireless stuff in your house...then it might not be the best option for you. I'm sure there's good brands out there that are decently shielded, but you may not be able to find a "perfect" pair :-/
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-02-01, 2:37 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Example.

Problem is, I'm hard of hearing, so it's a great headset and all.... I just can't hear on it.

Do they sell, or is there some way to make an adapter that ads a microphone to a set of headphones?

You could by a small mic and tape it to your face
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-02-01, 2:39 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Compos Mentis
Anything wireless, and you're going to have to take interference into account. If you live near powerlines, radio towers, or have alot of wireless stuff in your house...then it might not be the best option for you. I'm sure there's good brands out there that are decently shielded, but you may not be able to find a "perfect" pair :-/

There are practical reasons for which I need them cordless. Cords are out of the question.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-02-01, 2:49 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Example.

Take a stick mic, break it off it's base, ductape it to your headphones, then plug the cord seperately.
2005-02-01, 3:00 PM #18
Well, I was thinking of something more for the phone.

Which only has one output thinger.

↑ Up to the top!