Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I want my movies!!! (rant)
I want my movies!!! (rant)
2005-02-01, 7:07 PM #1
I put this movie on my netflix list. It came in today and my mom decided to watch it. I go to watch it and she says "That movie sucked. It was horrible. All Kate Winslet did was act crazy the entire movie!". So I said "Well she only got nominated for Best Actress, and the movie only got nominated for Best Screenplay." She responds "Well I don't know how...The movie was just boring and stupid." This is coming from the woman who owns every single one of Julia Roberts Romantic Comedies and thinks they are the best films ever -_-. If she doesn't like a movie she tries and ships it back. She ALWAYS does this with all the movies I RENT. I had to rent Fargo three times before seeing it!!! I think the most times I've ever had to rent a movie was four... Half the movies I rent she ships back because SHE doesn't remember renting them or SHE thinks they suck. The other thing is, if I have a movie on the top of the list, but she feels like seeing another one of her 900 crappy romatic comedies, she will put her movie at #1 and move my flicks down to the bottom. I was supposed to get The Twilight Samurai in yesterday..what comes in....The Princess Diaries 2!!!! AHHHH!!!!!

/end rant
Think while it's still legal.
2005-02-01, 7:12 PM #2
You should be glad that she saved you from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". It was one of the worst movies I've seen lately, second only to Napoleon Dynamite.
Stuff
2005-02-01, 7:17 PM #3
You should feed her to my Rancor...
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-02-01, 7:29 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
second only to Napoleon Dynamite.

are you kidding me?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-02-01, 7:35 PM #5
Well, my reasoning is that the longer I can stand to watch a movie, the better it is. I managed to sit through about 30 minutes of Napoleon Dynamite. I only managed about 8 minutes for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

EDIT: Oh wait, that doesn't make sense. I guess it should be the other way around then. But the fact remains that both movies sucked ***.
Stuff
2005-02-01, 7:41 PM #6
Do you like Netflix? How much does it cost, and how fast do they ship em to you? To you have to pay to ship them back, or do they give you a prepaid envelope thingy?

Oh, and you should slap yo momma, boy.
2005-02-01, 7:46 PM #7
Never judge a movie until you've sat through the whole thing. Saying it sucks after only 8 minutes is just stupid.

I thought it was a great movie. I've never seen a love story told in such a unique way. I need to buy it.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-02-01, 7:47 PM #8
Netflix is like 17 dollars a month for me. Which is good because I get atleast 4 to 6 movies in per WEEK. They ship them within a day or two. If I put an order in on Thursday, I'll have my movies by Saturday. I get 3 movies in at a time. You keep them as long as you want, send one back you'll get one more sent to you. Send two back, get two sent to you. etc. They give you pre-paid envelopes.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-02-01, 7:47 PM #9
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-02-01, 7:54 PM #10
Why complain because your mom's tastes differ from yours? "Quality" cinema is hard to define. If it entertains me I think it's damn good. It may not offer much in the way of profound dialogue or philosophy (or hell, even storyline), but if I enjoy watching it, it's done its job.
2005-02-01, 7:55 PM #11
He's not complaining about the different tastes in movies. He's comlaining because she sent his movie back before he could see it because she didn't like it.

Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Netflix is like 17 dollars a month for me. Which is good because I get atleast 4 to 6 movies in per WEEK. They ship them within a day or two. If I put an order in on Thursday, I'll have my movies by Saturday. I get 3 movies in at a time. You keep them as long as you want, send one back you'll get one more sent to you. Send two back, get two sent to you. etc. They give you pre-paid envelopes.

There are also options for five or eight movies for more money. Three for $17.99 a month rocks.
Pissed Off?
2005-02-01, 8:05 PM #12
Quote:
You should be glad that she saved you from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". It was one of the worst movies I've seen lately, second only to Napoleon Dynamite.

Ugh...how you could even compare those two movies! I loved Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...Napoleon Dynamite, while very quotable, was terrible! Meh...but everyone has different tastes. I think the movie is worth watching though.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-02-01, 8:08 PM #13
I loved Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless mind, one of my favorite movies of last yeart.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2005-02-01, 8:14 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by saberopus
Why complain because your mom's tastes differ from yours? "Quality" cinema is hard to define.

Because she ships back his movies before he gets to watch them? :p
2005-02-01, 8:18 PM #15
Well, maybe I'll give it another chance. But really, I call it "false advertising" that they had it in the sci-fi category at IMDb. If I watch a sci-fi movie, it had better have explosions, spaceships, zombies, or all three within the first 8 minutes or I turn it off.
Stuff
2005-02-01, 8:27 PM #16
Definitely not that kind of sci-fi movie.
Pissed Off?
2005-02-01, 8:32 PM #17
Quote:
Well, maybe I'll give it another chance. But really, I call it "false advertising" that they had it in the sci-fi category at IMDb. If I watch a sci-fi movie, it had better have explosions, spaceships, zombies, or all three within the first 8 minutes or I turn it off.

Mmmm exploding spaceship zombies.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-02-01, 8:42 PM #18
Quote:
You should be glad that she saved you from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". It was one of the worst movies I've seen lately

WHAT?!
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-02-01, 8:58 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
WHAT?!

that's the expression I got on my face when I read it, too
o.O
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-02-01, 9:27 PM #20
The Spotless Mind was a terrific movie, I really really enjoyed it. And it really keeps you going untill the end.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-02-01, 10:06 PM #21
I agree with BurrBoy.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-02-02, 4:37 AM #22
Quote:

Wow, kill yourself now.

Slowly.
D E A T H
2005-02-02, 4:46 AM #23
I'm still one of the people who hasn't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind and I really want to see it. But I will agree with Kyle90 that Napoleon Dynamite was horrible.
No sig.
2005-02-02, 4:52 AM #24
I'm *this* close to banning kyle90 on the basis of this thread.

He makes me cry :(
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-02-02, 6:34 AM #25
Aw, come on, I *said* I would give it another chance... feel free to edit out any "inappropriateness" (i.e. bad movie tastes) in my previous posts.

(But just as a warning, if the entire thing is as boring as the first 8 minutes, I'm still keeping it on my "horrible movie" list)
Stuff
2005-02-02, 6:46 AM #26
Spotless Mind was awful. I honestly couldn't sit through that junk. Haven't seen Napolean Dynamite though.
2005-02-02, 6:49 AM #27
SAJN .... [url=www.whopissedyouoff.com]Pissed Off?[/url]

It's been far too long since the last one o' them :)
2005-02-02, 7:12 AM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
So I said "Well she only got nominated for Best Actress, and the movie only got nominated for Best Screenplay."

Well, Halle Berry got Best Actress for having sex with Billy Bob Thorton, so the Oscars aren't really any mark of quality.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-02-02, 8:12 AM #29
wtf?
2005-02-02, 1:25 PM #30
What's your mum doing opening your mail anyway?

Quote:

Erm.. I could understand your complaint if the front cover had Jim Carrey in X-Wing gear brandishing a laser rifle, but by definition, it is science fiction. Although I wouldn't class that as the primary genre, more like comedy/drama.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-02-02, 1:28 PM #31
It's a pity so many people misunderstand what sci-fi actually is.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-02-02, 1:33 PM #32
Science fiction isn't really a proper genre, more of a story element/setting. Every sci-fi film has at least one proper genre accompanying it, whether it be action, horror, thriller, drama, or comedy.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone

↑ Up to the top!