Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Derrrrrr.... I don't know george...
Derrrrrr.... I don't know george...
2005-02-01, 10:21 PM #1
LOL... can't believe I had questions like THIS for my driver's education online class.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-02-01, 10:25 PM #2
With the way some people drive, I'm not surprised.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-02-01, 10:53 PM #3
Is it a requirement to be literate to drive? (I'm seriously unsure of this, and it'd be an intersting tidbit to know)
一个大西瓜
2005-02-01, 10:55 PM #4
Supposedly, you have to pass a written test. My permit test had qeustions like that, but it was just the shape of the sign without the words.
Pissed Off?
2005-02-01, 11:44 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Ric_Olie
With the way some people drive, I'm not surprised.

See: State of California, The for details
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-02-02, 12:13 AM #6
No kidding. It's scary on some of our roads and freeways. My mom and I were talking about some of our experiences with bad drivers from just today.
Pissed Off?
2005-02-02, 4:04 AM #7
Reminds me of one question on my test, which I am sure was made by a person with a sense of humor:

T

A. A 3-way intersection is ahead.

B. A person died at this spot.

C. A church is ahead.

I swear, that was the question exactly :D
2005-02-02, 8:08 AM #8
*shrug* written driving tests are easy.
2005-02-02, 8:10 AM #9
Yes driving tests are easy... TOO EASY. I passed my G2 test (which allows me to drive without a adult) in under 10 minutes... What did I do you ask?

Went to an intersection, turned right, when to another intersection, turned left, turned right then straight through a intersection and reversed into a parking spot. Done. I'm not joking...:eek:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-02-02, 8:13 AM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by JediGandalf

All truth here.

And that test looks awesome, were alot of questions like that?
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-02-02, 8:24 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Pommy
Is it a requirement to be literate to drive? (I'm seriously unsure of this, and it'd be an intersting tidbit to know)

AFAIK in Germany you can take vocal (please correct me if that is not the right word) or partly vocal tests, where every question is read and, if their German is not so good, explained to them.

Not really sure if that is a positive thing but you should be able to recognize a sign without reading what's written on it. The only difficulty should be speed-signs but I think most iliterate people just have difficulty with long words and sentences.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-02-02, 8:48 AM #12
Quote:
You see a pedestrian crossing the street. The course of action is to:

c) Honk your horn and accelerate

Quote:
You are at a blinking red light. You:

b) Wait for a blinking green light

Paraphrasing of two questions from our driver's test. My sister had a friend who answered B to the second question because she was so nervous.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-02-02, 8:50 AM #13
A basic eye chart exam ('read the bottom line') was part of my driving test. That would be a little hard for the illiterate.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-02-02, 11:26 AM #14
Shouldn't they test what a Yield sign is? Some people don't know.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-02-02, 12:04 PM #15
I don't know what a Yield sign is... :rolleyes:
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-02-02, 4:24 PM #16
I've never seen a yield sign before.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-02-02, 4:28 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
*shrug* written driving tests are easy.

My last written test that I took here in Utah a few years ago had questions like "What does law A, paragraph C, section 3 say about insurance payments in a motor vehicle accident?" They gave me the law, paragraph, and section number, and expect me to know what the heck the law is talking about. Good thing the test was open book. I was looking through the stupid thing for 20 minutes trying to find the answer.
Life is beautiful.
2005-02-02, 4:34 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
I've never seen a yield sign before.

could it perhaps be a Give Way sign?

all i know is that our tests seem 100x tougher.

theres still loads of idiots on the roads though....
2005-02-02, 4:44 PM #19
i saw a few yield signs... they were later either replaced with stop signs or removed
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-02-02, 5:10 PM #20
I see yeild signs everywhere. Look for them at intersections, and, yes, if you live in Canada, it may be a give way sign (I don't know...), but if you live in the US your are just inobservant...
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-02-02, 6:21 PM #21
Yeah, you really have to be someone special not to pass drivers ed (in Washngton, at least)...
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-02-02, 6:38 PM #22
my permit test annoyed me. i answered the question correctly and it was somehow wrong.. i hate when that happens. would've had 100% too
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-02-02, 7:32 PM #23
I had to take a written test which I passed (I don't recall anything funny on it, I could have been nervous and just trying to find the correct answers tho).

Then I did the road test. First time I failed because a) I got nervous and forgot to look back as I backed up (I used the side mirror) and b) parallel parking. ugh. I will never need it, and yet I had to master it. I tapped the back cones so I failed that bit.

Immediately afterwards the place where I took the test closed down (NOT MY FAULT I SWEAR IT :o) and I went somewhere else (easier) for the 2nd test. No backups, but there was a parallel parking bit which I did perfectly (my mom made me practice endlessly before the test. :().

And then I got my license. Whoop de doo. :p

2005-02-02, 10:57 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by JediGandalf

Ironically, I AM a Californian. Probably not the best place to learn how to drive, LOL :D
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-02-02, 11:05 PM #25
Yea, as am I.
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!