Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Need quick help, I'm desperate!
Need quick help, I'm desperate!
2005-02-02, 5:49 PM #1
I apparently have a piece of beef jerky stuck between my two back teeth and it hurts like hell! I've tried brushing, flossing, toothpicks and even tweezers and nothing has helped! Someone give a miracle solution to this quick please!
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-02-02, 5:50 PM #2
Eat more jerky in that area.

fill your mouth with baking soda and water. It'll probably loosen it.

Brush your teeth until it comes out.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-02-02, 5:55 PM #3
A quick call to a dentist's office (if they're open) will definitely do the trick, if nothing else. If they can't set up a quick visit, they might be able to give you some advice.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-02-02, 5:55 PM #4
It was the last damn piece that got stuck, so I have no more.

I'll have to try the baking soda and water.

The piece seems to be stuck almost below the gum line between the two teeth, my gums hurt constantly and they explode in pain when touched. Brushing hasn't helped so far, just made me want to scream.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-02-02, 5:57 PM #5
Maybe you just think it's jerky stuck there, but in actuality you have a huge cavity and the pain was triggered by chewing hard on the jerky. I would suggest making an appointment with the dentist.
2005-02-02, 5:59 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
A quick call to a dentist's office (if they're open) will definitely do the trick, if nothing else. If they can't set up a quick visit, they might be able to give you some advice.

It's almost 9pm here so no dentist tonight. I may have to suffer through it tonight and hit up a dentist tomorrow, which means I'll miss some work :(
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-02-02, 6:01 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian
Maybe you just think it's jerky stuck there, but in actuality you have a huge cavity and the pain was triggered by chewing hard on the jerky. I would suggest making an appointment with the dentist.

You know you may be right. I've noticed that over the past two weeks food gets stuck there really easily. Might just be a big cavity. That would suck, my first ever :(
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-02-02, 6:06 PM #8
I get this problem all the time with popcorn. Peices of the shell get stuck between my teeth... :(
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-02-02, 6:53 PM #9
Wow, if you've got a piece of Jerky in there, there's a strong possibility that, assuming you have to go through hte night, you'll lose the tooth :(.

Good luck there partner.

ok ok...

I was trying to scare you, you won't lose the tooth :P.

My suggestion: Make sure there is jerky in there, can you "see" it?

Otherwise I'd say it's probably a cavity like everyone else said.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-02-02, 8:24 PM #10
I can see SOMETHING. But the more I look at it, the more the little dark spot starts to look like it might be a hole under the gum line.
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2005-02-02, 8:45 PM #11
Wow. Sucks to be you ;). Yea i suggest you get a dentist to look at that sucker.
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue

↑ Up to the top!