Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Knights of the Old Republic 2 (*spoilers*)
Knights of the Old Republic 2 (*spoilers*)
2004-04-25, 1:01 AM #1
As reported on swknights.com, here's the latest on Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic - Sith Lords...

Just check the pictures on this thread.

Really looking forward to see how this'll work. It's nice to see that T3-M4 might have another appearance, and I do that that HK-47 won't be too far behind either. However, I do hope that the rest of the KotOR crew doesn't really receive a role, unless it's a small one.

For the rest, the game does look interesting and I'm looking forward to see how it'll develop.

The wait starts anew...

------------------
Burrie - an old, pissed, dillusional, ghetto Scott-Dutchman with an Austrian accent
The answer is maybe.
2004-04-25, 1:04 AM #2
Wait up! I haven't even gotten the first one yet!

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-04-25, 2:25 AM #3
Here are some scans from the full article...

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Most of all, look at the final page and see for which systems you can play the game. That's right, this won't be a X-Box exclusive.

------------------
Burrie - an old, pissed, dillusional, ghetto Scott-Dutchman with an Austrian accent

[This message has been edited by burrie (edited April 25, 2004).]
The answer is maybe.
2004-04-25, 3:59 AM #4
Looks much like the first one...

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-25, 4:02 AM #5
Well just look at the quality on those pics. At least I know it's for PS2 as well >_>

------------------
"A tiger? In Africa?!"

"True as toasted toads!"
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-04-25, 6:30 AM #6
i saw nothing about a ps2 version... so wtf are you talkin about?

anyone else having toruble with that contest url?

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!

[This message has been edited by DrkJedi82 (edited April 25, 2004).]
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-04-25, 2:17 PM #7
Those scans are from the newest EGM issue just to note. The game is coming out for the PC and X-Box not PS2. I still haven't played the first yet....
2004-04-25, 2:19 PM #8
Hurrah! Burrie's posted!

------------------
Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.

-R.D. Laing
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-04-25, 2:34 PM #9
Looks good so far

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-04-25, 2:43 PM #10
Damn...it's not made by Bioware. This "Obsidian Entertainment" how's their reputation?

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-04-25, 2:49 PM #11
Since they are ex-Black Isle employees (Fallout, Planescape: Torment) it is probably even better than Bioware's.

However, I must say that those screenshots are not impressive at all. The image quality might be to blame, but the environments especially simply do not look as detailed and interesting as the ones in the original game.

I'm going to see how the game fares in the next year, but right now, it looks like some kind of a ripoff/cashcow, much like Jedi Academy.
2004-04-25, 2:54 PM #12
They're scans from a magazine. They aren't going to look that great.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-04-25, 2:57 PM #13
Obsidian Entertainment is basically all the ex-Black Isle guys. Knowing Black Isle's reputation this game could be a whole lot better than the original.
The screenshots are probably from the XBOX version too, hopefully they'll have some PC screens in the new CGM.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-04-25, 3:04 PM #14
Bear in mind that these are early screen shots. The early shots of JK2 look nothing like they do in the actual game, paticuarly the partical effects and lightning.

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-04-25, 3:27 PM #15
The best games to come out of Bioware are the ones that Black Isle (effectively now Obsidian) also worked on:

Baldurs Gate
Baldurs Gate 2

Then there's the ones which Bioware didn't make:

Fallout
Fallout 2
Icewind Dale
Icewind Dale 2
Planescape: Torment

Needless to say, I have far more confidence in this sequel with Obsidian making it.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-04-25, 3:41 PM #16
As Mystic0 said, those are very earily shots, and from what I've seen of XBox screen captures in other magazines, they generally look like crap. Even shots of completed games that look fantastic. I'd say that combination of them being XBox shots, earily shots, and scanned is why they look so bad.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!